Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been counting down the days until Pellegrini leaves for 18 months. I always thought he was a fraud. A cuckoo of a manager who came in and won trophies with the previous manager's team.

I used to get angry about his incompetence. The 442 against Bayern at home, then when he played Fernando and Milner in a 2 man midfield against Barcelona was I think the nadir of my frustration with Pellegrini. I knew in those two games that he was blagging it, and I began counting down the days until we got a proper manager in.

Since I got word that Guardiola is coming, I've stopped being angry, even stopped being frustrated. I'm just looking forward to next season when we have a proper manager who deserves to be on the same training field as this incredible squad of players.

Replacing Pellegrini now with an interim manager will serve no purpose. The squad is that good, that even Pellegrini would struggle not to get top 2 in this league, which is extremely competitive, but lacks real class at the top end.

People tell me he's a nice man, so I wish him nothing but the best. I hope we win the league, possibly even a domestic cup too. But I've thought for a long time that he doesn't get the most out of the talent in the squad. I've seen nothing to change my mind.

I'm just excited and looking forward to a manager that not only handles a terrific squad of players, but adds something himself and gets even more out of them as a team than the sum of their individual player's talent.

There's no point getting angry with Pellegrini anymore. It's not going to change him, it's not going to change the fact he's leaving in the summer no matter what. Even the Pellegrini supporters seem to reluctantly acknowledge that we're getting a huge upgrade in the summer, so let's all look forward to that.

Pellegrini is the right man to lead us for the next 6 months. Simply because he's already there and we have the right man arriving in June.

Good post.

Clearly Bluemoon accepts all sorts. Even the hypocrites and liars and frauds masquerading as Blues. ;)
Ah yes, the frauds masquerading as Blues, they are my favourites. Although I used to prefer it in the old days when we used to call them people with different opinions on the Blues.

Ah yes, the frauds masquerading as Blues, they are my favourites. Although I used to prefer it in the old days when we used to call them people with different opinions on the Blues.

There's lots of Blues in this thread who I've been to games with who disagree with me fundamentally about Pellegrini. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself as for all the disagreements we have had I'd never ever question whether you're a blue!

<Rant Begin>
So, let's all agree that the majority of people on this forum believe that with the current squad we have, the league should be ours for the taking. However, in my (shitty) opinion, the league will NEVER be available for the taking, ever again.

Pellers is reluctant to go back to his 4-4-2 (my god, how amazing was that half-season with Negredo!). I don't blame him. The league is a much scarier prospect than it was in 2013-2014. Like it or not, the league has changed DRAMATICALLY in terms of quality over the last 2 seasons. I'd claim there are over 10 teams with real "star quality" on their rosters. In that, I mean those "star" players would compete for a starting place in City's best squad on any day, maybe bar Aguero (but lets face it, he's not really having a good season yet). Riyad Mahrez = KDB.

Pellers has been more pragmatic as he tenure has gone on at city. He wants to play attractive, scoring football, but he seems to be scared of the gung-ho approach he incorporated in 2013-2014. I don't think that is an issue with city's personnel, except for maybe the absence of Kompany. I think it is the realization that the quality throughout the league will punish any team that does not respect its opposition. Cite Liverpool thrashing city a few months ago. Everyone blamed Pellegrini in hindsight. But what lineup/methodology would Pep Guardiola have installed in order to combat Liverpool that day? Is it personnel? A few folks on here are suggesting only 5-8 players on city's current roster will be with the team in 2 seasons. How exactly is that Pellegrini's fault that he is working with an aging, transitioning squad?

At some point as pressure builds, I really do hope that Pellers drops his guard, says FUCK IT ALL, and goes with a 4-4-2 in the league the rest of the season. With a middle finger up to all the haters and 2 to 3 trophies under his other arm on his way out. The league will be harder and harder to win as the money continues to pour into the rest of the league. Get rid of the notion of "traditional" competition. It is a wide open battle with or without Pep Guardiola at the helm. He is not a saving grace, and he will not find it easy to win this league. FUCK June 2016. I'm rooting for January, February, March, April, and May 2016. There are 4 trophies up for grabs in what could be City's best ever season. I say get behind the team, because times are actually really good right now. Regardless of the apathetic approach of some of the players (not coach). CTID.

<Rant End>

Again, its a complete guess as to whether it will be a wasted season or not and even when we have won the league its gone right to the death.

Too many declaring its all over when that just isnt the case.

You have to realise that although the season is only half over and we have yet to be knocked out of any tournament, people have decided that they can pronounce on the season now and there is no chance that these supremely prescient folk could be wrong; which is a shame so maybe I had better not bother driving 180 miles tomorrow morning as there is no hope that the team will decide to perform with Pellegrini in the dugout tomorrow.

<Rant Begin>
So, let's all agree that the majority of people on this forum believe that with the current squad we have, the league should be ours for the taking. However, in my (shitty) opinion, the league will NEVER be available for the taking, ever again.

Pellers is reluctant to go back to his 4-4-2 (my god, how amazing was that half-season with Negredo!). I don't blame him. The league is a much scarier prospect than it was in 2013-2014. Like it or not, the league has changed DRAMATICALLY in terms of quality over the last 2 seasons. I'd claim there are over 10 teams with real "star quality" on their rosters. In that, I mean those "star" players would compete for a starting place in City's best squad on any day, maybe bar Aguero (but lets face it, he's not really having a good season yet). Riyad Mahrez = KDB.

Pellers has been more pragmatic as he tenure has gone on at city. He wants to play attractive, scoring football, but he seems to be scared of the gung-ho approach he incorporated in 2013-2014. I don't think that is an issue with city's personnel, except for maybe the absence of Kompany. I think it is the realization that the quality throughout the league will punish any team that does not respect its opposition. Cite Liverpool thrashing city a few months ago. Everyone blamed Pellegrini in hindsight. But what lineup/methodology would Pep Guardiola have installed in order to combat Liverpool that day? Is it personnel? A few folks on here are suggesting only 5-8 players on city's current roster will be with the team in 2 seasons. How exactly is that Pellegrini's fault that he is working with an aging, transitioning squad?

At some point as pressure builds, I really do hope that Pellers drops his guard, says FUCK IT ALL, and goes with a 4-4-2 in the league the rest of the season. With a middle finger up to all the haters and 2 to 3 trophies under his other arm on his way out. The league will be harder and harder to win as the money continues to pour into the rest of the league. Get rid of the notion of "traditional" competition. It is a wide open battle with or without Pep Guardiola at the helm. He is not a saving grace, and he will not find it easy to win this league. FUCK June 2016. I'm rooting for January, February, March, April, and May 2016. There are 4 trophies up for grabs in what could be City's best ever season. I say get behind the team, because times are actually really good right now. Regardless of the apathetic approach of some of the players (not coach). CTID.

<Rant End>
I agree in principle as he can't do 'tactics'.
But if he plays 442, he's likely to pick Yaya Toure in the centre of midfield. The better teams have shown us they can deal with that.

I recon Harry's Spurs side with Bale & Crouch in it would batter the present one, & Hughes City team with Tevez, SWP Bellamy, Nige etc etc was a better side than West Ham. So I don'f see how the league is better by any stretch of the imagination.

There are less piss easy 5-0 games vs the lower teams but the top teams are considerably worse imo. Us, Chelsea & rags are nowhere near as good. Arsenal are same ol. Everton are a softer touch than under Moyes.

This is the easiest season anyone will ever get to win the league imo. Next season will be much tougher.

I said that our points total was the lowest for 5 seasons and MP's defenders came back with all sorts of figures to say that was disingenuous as we were only 3 points behind the leaders blah, blah, blah.

Well here's the table with our results against each team:
21%20games_zpsm6ka2lkr.jpg

We haven't beaten any team above tomorrow's opponents and have just 2 points from the games against the other 6 teams in the top seven. I'l say it again, I don't care what other teams have done - for us, it's not good enough.

Amen

I'm happy to discuss any sensible critique of the manager. Sadly it's not to be found in this thread and it certainly won't happen with people who demanded the board sack themselves and half the squad to retain Mancini and now believe Pellegrini is a fraud, a downgrade, the 10th best manager in the league etc.

EDIT

So I'm Clear my point is more about the loudest posters in this thread rather than Pellegrini. And im aware there's posters who wanted Mancini out and now want Pellegrini out. Some of them are my mates. But there's fuck all discussion to be had with you or Dribble Dribble or Hilts or bondsman or Shalum's Bellend or any of the other "give Bobby a chance" crew.
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Why are you mentioning my name? You're so battle scarred you must have echoes in your head because you forgot you mentioned my name once already! Lol ........ I assume this is because your brain has melted into blancmange....... :-)

You love making out that anyone who doesn't agree with you is a footballing know nowt, but you've proved over time you're the biggest KFA of them all.

My views on Pellegrini have been consistent since his first match in charge of us against Newcastle, and whilst you were on a giddy high from constantly slurping Manuel's knob cheese, myself and many others saw impending flaws with Manuel's all out attacking philosophy and predicted there would be trouble ahead if he continued with it.

What many of us said then has become accepted opinion now, but you just can't leave it can you. Your insane hatred for Mancini meant that ANY constructive criticism of Manuel was just seen as latent support for Bob with us 'hankering' for his return which couldn't have been further from the truth. Now your shit football opinion is in tatters, you've jumped on the Pep bandwagon as if you were always on it just so you can give the impression that again you know what you're talking about.

Its sad really and just goes to prove how irrelevant your opinion has become on Bluemoon and I suspect with anyone even remotely interested in football. You carry on with your unconditional head in the sand support of Manuel as you've just become a humourous parody of yourself, but at least it keeps us all amused and takes our collective minds off the increasingly turgid brand of football you fought so hard to advocate.

Dunno about anyone else you took the time to mention in your lunatic post, but I'll just leave you to carry on barking your 'Manuel is God' mantra to yourself like a demented dog whilst I get on with the business of supporting my club. If you require further qualification of that, just carry on counting your ever decreasing circle of sycophants as you sit there increasingly alone.

I can just imagine you sat there in your final days just like the fella who started WW2 deluding yourself that you're still right. As I said, its so so sad...........

last-man-standing-05-2012-206x207.jpg

Last edited:
The way the manager orders his team to lose possession more often than not by telling Hart to twat it up field willy nilly tells me more than enough about his tactics.

He is winging it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.