Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought his set up was pretty spot on there. Would've liked to see Kelechi come on slightly earlier but overall I think that was a good away performance. Especially without Silva and Aguero.

Pellegrini bringing on Demichelis to completely nullify Van Gaal bringing on Fellaini was brilliant.

Pellegrini knew that if you match Fellaini in the air, he's got nothing else. Totally nullifying Van Gaal's substitution like that made me smile. Top management.

I'd love to know what Van Gaal thought when Pellegrini brought Demichelis on only two minutes after Fellaini came on.

Very pleased with his tactics today. We gave united a lot of possession in the second half but there were three or four occasions where we could have countered effectively but didn't. No fault of Pellegrini, it just didn't happen for us in an attacking sense in the second half.

Great point under the circumstances and much more positive about our chances in Europe

Pellegrini bringing on Demichelis to completely nullify Van Gaal bringing on Fellaini was brilliant.

Pellegrini knew that if you match Fellaini in the air, he's got nothing else. Totally nullifying Van Gaal's substitution like that made me smile. Top management.

I'd love to know what Van Gaal thought when Pellegrini brought Demichelis on only two minutes after Fellaini came on.

Yet they had their two best chances after that.

where the fuck did that come from?

Annoyed that that pragmatism hasn't been on show to that effect before under him. At least if it's there now, there's no fucking excuses going forward, not more silly defeats like West Ham and Spurs.

Where did it come from? You sound surprised but surely you aren't! Anyone that has paid attention knows that Pellegrini can set his teams up like that; he chooses not to most of the time. You can argue all day long whether or not Pellegrini should be more pragmatic more often and ultimately the deciding factor on that will be his trophy count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.