Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope tomorrow City trash United and I'm eager to see what moaners will say. No one will ever cruise into the Premier League because they spend a lot of money. Come on City and come on Manuel, you will guide us to the title AGAIN.

This all day long. Great article on MP this morning in the Times, saying he'd rather play attacking football and lose, than play boring football and win. Quite right as far as I'm concerned. Best football I've seen is title win in 2014 and Keegans team. For £700, entertainment wins every time.
Final point. Some on here banged on about how brilliant Seville were on Wednesday. Would you rather we'd played fantastically well and they'd won in the last minute or what actually happened??
We have been incredibly lucky in our last 2 CL matches. We played poorly on Wednesday. Since VK got injured our defence has looked shaky and without leadership. In spite of this MP has not played VK except for his last minute cameo, despite saying he was fit for Bournemouth. I just hope MP plays his strongest side, with VK as captain and leader.

This forum is so depressing..... loads of idiots here are upset that we were lucky in our last few games. we are unlucky not to score against Juventus from the start, we are unlucky as hundreds of shot didn't get us a goal against west ham. lets not talk about Spurs and off sides.
i would love to lucky everytime and win rather than playing good, being unlucky and not winning.

Last year Jose was the masterclass and how tactically good he was, this year ......... i think most critics of pelle will only realise what a manager he was when he won't be around.

I agree not many did enough the other night off the ball, we need to close down better than we do.

I remember watching the Newcastle first game of the 13/14 season when we won 4-0. We pressed from the off and thought it would be the start of new tactics with Pelle in charge but it just seemed to tail off last season and into this.

This forum is so depressing..... loads of idiots here are upset that we were lucky in our last few games. we are unlucky not to score against Juventus from the start, we are unlucky as hundreds of shot didn't get us a goal against west ham. lets not talk about Spurs and off sides.
i would love to lucky everytime and win rather than playing good, being unlucky and not winning.

Last year Jose was the masterclass and how tactically good he was, this year ......... i think most critics of pelle will only realise what a manager he was when he won't be around.
It's not a choice be lucky or play well.
Fans expect our team to play well because there is so much ability in the side. I think we have had the most talented squad of players for the last 4 seasons. Good management instills confidence, organisation and a work ethic. I like MP but I think there is room for improvement.
The better you prepare the luckier you get.

Last edited:
I never post in this thread, but the way he set up for this derby was bewildering. We should have played to win but he appeared to deliberately play a system that would suit United. But a point is a point, so what do I know.

Got his tactics absolutely spot on today.

Away to a title rival without Silva and Aguero. Pellegrini set up to be solid and we never looked like losing the game. Got a draw and went back to the top of the league.

Everybody wants to win the derby game, but going away to the third placed team without our two best players and getting a draw is a good result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.