Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was telling that on Wednesday the minute he brought Kolarov on he moved Raheem out wide.

The logical step would to have moved him up front instead of KDB, especially with the weekends hat trick still fresh and him having played as a frontman before.

To me that shows that Pellers values the Kola/Sterling partnership and with Navas a shoe in to start on the right, if Kolarov is fit to start then KDB is in the middle.

Of course we could line up to counter them and play:

--------------- Nando --------------
--------- Dinho ------- Yaya -------
Navas ------------------------- Sterling
---------------- KDB -------------------

But for me attack is our best form of defence. Let's put these fuckers to the sword.

thats the other option but I'm not sure KDB is most effective there.....when a game is stretched and he has room then yes but I'm not sure starting him in a derby there would work

so the only way of playing that and accommodating KDB and bony is probably to drop sterling (cant see him dropping navas)

thats the other option but I'm not sure KDB is most effective there.....when a game is stretched and he has room then yes but I'm not sure starting him in a derby there would work

so the only way of playing that and accommodating KDB and bony is probably to drop sterling (cant see him dropping navas)

Personally, I'd go with;

-------------------- Hart ------------------
Sagna --------- VK ---- EM ---------- Kola
--------------- Yaya --- Dinho ------------
Navas ------------- KDB ---------- Sterling
---------------------- Bony------------------

Give us he balance we had at the start of the season which kept our clean sheets.

Also, I think the extent of which people analyse formations is useless. It's about personnel and their work rate.

In that formation Sterling, Navas and Dinho all offer defensive stability. KDB and Yaya can also put a shift in.

Yaya gives us control.

Bony can hold the ball and battle with the CBs.

KDB, Yaya, Navas and Sterling can be deadly on the counter.

Personally, I'd go with;

-------------------- Hart ------------------
Sagna --------- VK ---- EM ---------- Kola
--------------- Yaya --- Dinho ------------
Navas ------------- KDB ---------- Sterling
---------------------- Bony------------------

Give us he balance we had at the start of the season which kept our clean sheets.

Also, I think the extent of which people analyse formations is useless. It's about personnel and their work rate.

In that formation Sterling, Navas and Dinho all offer defensive stability. KDB and Yaya can also put a shift in.

Yaya gives us control.

Bony can hold the ball and battle with the CBs.

KDB, Yaya, Navas and Sterling can be deadly on the counter.

Our team is very well suited to counter attack and it helps hugely with the toure conundrum, however our manager doesn't do counter attack, more you have a go we have a go type football

Literally anything could happen tomorrow

All on him tomorrow in my eyes. Get the formation right and we win comfortably although i don't think it will be reflected in the scoreline, get it wrong though and we'll get well beaten.

I can see tomorrow's post match thread already..

If we win, 15 pages maximum, the overriding theme being We won it becaus of the players we have. Pelle is shit, we should go for pep.

If we lose or draw, 70-80 pages minimum, full of tactical genius (or Monday morning quarterbacking as our American cousins call it), the overriding theme being pelle is shit and we should go for pep.

It's unbelievable. Be careful what you wish for. There is more chance of pep going to old Trafford than coming here so if we sack Manuel post season, what then?

When are we going to get a manager that wins titles and cups that we can all agree is a great manager? Probably never.

Remember when we had Mancini and a sizeable number of posters wanted to sack him and go for mourinho? I wonder how that would've worked out....

Be careful what you wish for. There is more chance of pep going to old Trafford than coming here so if we sack Manuel post season, what then?

We hopefully get a manager that is capable of managing a serious challenge to the Champions League and win a Premier League title comfortably.

I can see tomorrow's post match thread already..

If we win, 15 pages maximum, the overriding theme being We won it becaus of the players we have. Pelle is shit, we should go for pep.

If we lose or draw, 70-80 pages minimum, full of tactical genius (or Monday morning quarterbacking as our American cousins call it), the overriding theme being pelle is shit and we should go for pep.

It's unbelievable. Be careful what you wish for. There is more chance of pep going to old Trafford than coming here so if we sack Manuel post season, what then?

When are we going to get a manager that wins titles and cups that we can all agree is a great manager? Probably never.

Remember when we had Mancini and a sizeable number of posters wanted to sack him and go for mourinho? I wonder how that would've worked out....
This all day long. Great article on MP this morning in the Times, saying he'd rather play attacking football and lose, than play boring football and win. Quite right as far as I'm concerned. Best football I've seen is title win in 2014 and Keegans team. For £700, entertainment wins every time.
Final point. Some on here banged on about how brilliant Seville were on Wednesday. Would you rather we'd played fantastically well and they'd won in the last minute or what actually happened??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.