Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are telling me the staff don't think any of them are good enough, I'm telling you I don't think you know what you are talking about & I don't believe you.

I recon Vieira would have used several of them if he was boss. And the idea that Jason Denayer is not good enough to get occasional match time for City's first team is fucking ridiculous & anyone who thinks that, is a fucking idiot. Indeed Pellegrini told him he was good enough.

Denayer could have gotten occasional match time but is he really better off here waiting for either; Fernando and Delph to be injured, Zaba and Sagna to be injured or any two centre halves to be injured while occasionally playing a few minutes in the league cup than he is playing week in, week out in the Turkish league and getting champion's league experience?

Denayer could have gotten occasional match time but is he really better off here waiting for either; Fernando and Delph to be injured, Zaba and Sagna to be injured or any two centre halves to be injured while occasionally playing a few minutes in the league cup than he is playing week in, week out in the Turkish league and getting champion's league experience?

His domestic level of football on a weekly basis is shit though. He could've done with being tested at a higher level much more regularly if he was to go out on loan.

I would've liked to have seen him stay this season, but the Otamendi move clearly put paid to that.

Still think we could've shifted out Demichelis to make way for him though. Could've given him time at right back as well as a bit of experimenting with that holding role.

Just hope we find somewhere for him next season as this lad should clearly being getting a shout of first team football here.

Could've given him time at right back as well as a bit of experimenting with that holding role.

How would you go about explaining that to Zaba/Sagna or Delph/Fernando/Fernandinho when you dropped them to play a teenager out of position or skipped over them with rotation to do same?

Why the fuck do all the kids have to be 'exceptional talents' when we have people like Kolarov playing regularly ? We have had loads of players since the takeover who are nowhere near being 'exceptional talents'.

And there is no notion of 'idly' throwing kids into the mix. If we wren't minted, loads of these kids would be involved because they deserve to be, & that's how it has always been done, & still is for the most part as it has been at most clubs for over a hundred years.

The notion I despise, is that it's terminally dangerous to give one or two kids a chance to see if they have what it takes. That's bullshit & has never, ever been true at any club anywhere. It's a modern day excuse. Start them in critical positions ? No. Bring them on when comfortable, yes. No risk at all, ever.

Because as much as a I don't rate Kolarov, I feel a lot better seeing him start there than I would seeing Angelino.

The reason I would rather play kids who are only exceptional talents, is because they are the only ones likely to make it. What use is throwing a player in who's at best going to be a championship player? If the club deem the talents good enough they'll get game time.

It's still a risk bringing them on when winning, and I hate the idea of using lots of EDS players in the cups, if you want to win the cups, you play a strong side, look at Arsenal, they use youngsters and regularly get hammered, what good does that do?

If one of our youngsters are good enought they will get their chance,much as kelechi has so far this season. I am a big fan of Denayer having watched him quite a bit at Celtic last year. Although initially surprised at the signing of Otamendi, I think Jason will continue to build on his experience in Turkey and next year will get his chance as part of the squad to replace Martin. That will be a good opportunity for him to test his flexibility and determine his best position. If it doesn't work then we will have a queue to sign him at a good price. Can't see the downside frankly.

Why the fuck do all the kids have to be 'exceptional talents' when we have people like Kolarov playing regularly ? We have had loads of players since the takeover who are nowhere near being 'exceptional talents'.

And there is no notion of 'idly' throwing kids into the mix. If we wren't minted, loads of these kids would be involved because they deserve to be, & that's how it has always been done, & still is for the most part as it has been at most clubs for over a hundred years.

The notion I despise, is that it's terminally dangerous to give one or two kids a chance to see if they have what it takes. That's bullshit & has never, ever been true at any club anywhere. It's a modern day excuse. Start them in critical positions ? No. Bring them on when comfortable, yes. No risk at all, ever.

Come on now, it's getting daft. Stop offering your opinion as fact, with nothing but your opinion to back it up.

Like him or loath him. Kolarov is an exceptional talent. If he played EDS football he would stand out an absolute mile. The fact that several managers including Mancini, Pellegrini, his managers in Italy, his national team coaches, have deemed him exceptional in his position would trump the opinions of Neville Neville on the Internet. Add to that highly regarded executives like Txiki have seen fit to reward his talents with a huge contract, further to that add the club he is or has been linked with in his days at City. Juve & Real to name just two.

Kolarov will have a career that 99.9% of any academy graduate anywhere in the World could only dream of.

Granted you think he's shit, I personally wholeheartedly disagree.

special talents, those that really stand out at eds will get their chance, see Iheanacho.

With regards Denayer, if Demichellis is given another deal,mand Denayer is frozen out, I'll join your crusade.

I personally think Tosin has a better chance in the Prem at centre back,. Just my personal opinion, and I hope they both make it,. But if as you say Denayer is improving leaps and bounds at Galatasaray and being given a chance to develope as a right back option too, then surely his loan is a good thing?

Come on now, it's getting daft. Stop offering your opinion as fact, with nothing but your opinion to back it up.

Like him or loath him. Kolarov is an exceptional talent. If he played EDS football he would stand out an absolute mile. The fact that several managers including Mancini, Pellegrini, his managers in Italy, his national team coaches, have deemed him exceptional in his position would trump the opinions of Neville Neville on the Internet. Add to that highly regarded executives like Txiki have seen fit to reward his talents with a huge contract, further to that add the club he is or has been linked with in his days at City. Juve & Real to name just two.

Kolarov will have a career that 99.9% of any academy graduate anywhere in the World could only dream of.

Granted you think he's shit, I personally wholeheartedly disagree.

special talents, those that really stand out at eds will get their chance, see Iheanacho.

With regards Denayer, if Demichellis is given another deal,mand Denayer is frozen out, I'll join your crusade.

I personally think Tosin has a better chance in the Prem at centre back,. Just my personal opinion, and I hope they both make it,. But if as you say Denayer is improving leaps and bounds at Galatasaray and being given a chance to develope as a right back option too, then surely his loan is a good thing?

Good post

hope he has them up for tomorrow like he did Tuesday, last thing we need is dropped points.
I agree, its got banana skin written all over it.

City euphoric after a great performance away in europe, still missing big players, expected to win, against a desperate to win Villa, bottom of the league, with a new manager, in his first home game.

We should win easily, but that second word is key, and there are no guarantees in any football match, at any level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.