Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, are they still blaming Mancini lol

Manuel is doing a decent job ......not exactly ripping up trees though is he tbf

Close but no cigar.

I couldn't agree more mate. 4231 with Silva as 10 is our best shape, and certainly gets the most out of him.

I agree we'd miss Navas's pace if we played 433 and swapped him for Silva. However, Silva has won a couple of European Championships with Spain playing in that position, so he's more than capable of playing there.

I've also seen him play through the middle for Spain in the (cringe) False 9 role against Scotland, and he was absolutely unbelievable. In fact it was the best I'd ever seen him play until the West Brom game.

I don't thibk either of them are his best position, but I fully expect Pep to play 433 when he comes, and I'm sure he'd want to fit him in somewhere.

Silva v scotland wasn,t a game i saw in its entirety but i recall the headed goal he scored from outside the penalty area. incredible,just pure footballing skill.

For me, under Pellegrini the highs will be high and the lows will be pretty high. I love the guy, not sure he can take us to the CL but I know he'll never take us to where Chelsea are now. Or the Rags for that matter.

He's not an egomaniac so I doubt he'll ever win everything, but he's a wonderful coach so he'll win plenty and we'll never have to deal with the aftermath of an ego maniac.
My prediction for this season.

PL winners,
CL, semi's.
LC, finalists.
FA Cup. Semi's.

Not being greedy and wouldn't be a surprise if we do a bit better. That to me is success.

Our squad is the best, that's because Pellegrini has the ability to keep everyone happy. Where as Mourinho who has a very similar squad has alienated half off it, sold those he didn't like. So our squad now looks much better. Everyone is happy, everyone on form or relatively close to their best form. Take Bony, he's clearly struggled for form and sharpness, Pellegrini has stuck by him, complimented him, as have some players and has given him opportunity to recover his form. Contrast that with Mourinho and Oscar, Falcao or the turtle with Depay or Di Maria. It would have been easy for Pellegrini to blame "no fit strikers" or say we needed more strikers. He doesn't he works hard with the player, keeps their confidence up(when many fans would replace him with a 19 year old) and now hopefully we'll see the benefit, I thought Bony was excellent Tuesday.

Managers like Mourinho who demand so much of their players and stifle their natural talents can only manage for so long. David Silva wouldnt be picked and wouldn't play for Mourinho. Where as Pellegrini will do anything to have Silva, De Bruyne et al playing their best football. Sometimes this costs the team. For me I prefer it.
If we miss the odd title because we were too open or too attacking, I'm ok with that.
It looks like after three seasons Pellegrini will(should) have two PL, probably a couple of cups and CL knockouts in all 3 years. All playing great open football. In the same time Mourinho will have won a league, a league cup and leave the club in a total mess.

Pellegrini has made some very telling changes in the last six weeks, changes that have been overlooked. His changes in Mönchengladbach changed the game. It's easy to forget that 6 weeks ago, Navas & Fernando were still dirty words at the Etihad.
He changed it against Newcastle, his gamble vs Seville at home, his tactics for the Derby & Seville were brilliant, had Mourinho shown us such a master class(tm) the media would never let us forget.

Pellegrini's attacking philosophy may cost us a few points here and there, experts can point to how he could have set up differently but what they can't point out is how detrimental that may be to confidence & moral of the players.

I'm sure Pellegrini knows, especially as most idiots in the TV studios know, park the bus with great players and you won't lose. It's obvious. What's not obvious is how that effects the players. If football managers become too concerned with their opponents, too concerned with stopping their opponents they forget what they are good at. If players are constantly being asked to ignore their talents, ignore their instincts they lose interest. They lose belief.

Asking Toure to play like Matic or asking Silva to work like a dog is like asking Picasso to paint your skirting boards. They can do it, fine, they'll probably do it once or twice but soon they'll ask why you are not using their talents. Finally they'll either do it half hearted or not at all. See Chelsea now.

As has been pointed out, Pellegrini has the highest win percentage in PL history of an manager after X amount of games, it's time everyone got behind him.
All managers everywhere make mistakes, annoy their fans because as fans we want to win every game. TV 'experts' will tell you, you need to win every game and how 'the bubble has burst' or 'all isn't right' after one loss. They don't ever consider the bigger picture. A good manager does. Pellegrini is a great manager.

For me, under Pellegrini the highs will be high and the lows will be pretty high. I love the guy, not sure he can take us to the CL but I know he'll never take us to where Chelsea are now. Or the Rags for that matter.

He's not an egomaniac so I doubt he'll ever win everything, but he's a wonderful coach so he'll win plenty and we'll never have to deal with the aftermath of an ego maniac.

PL winners,
CL, semi's.
LC, finalists.
FA Cup. Semi's.

Not being greedy and wouldn't be a surprise if we do a bit better. That to me is success.

Our squad is the best, that's because Pellegrini has the ability to keep everyone happy. Where as Mourinho who has a very similar squad has alienated half off it, sold those he didn't like. So our squad now looks much better. Everyone is happy, everyone on form or relatively close to their best form. Take Bony, he's clearly struggled for form and sharpness, Pellegrini has stuck by him, complimented him, as have some players and has given him opportunity to recover his form. Contrast that with Mourinho and Oscar, Falcao or the turtle with Depay or Di Maria. It would have been easy for Pellegrini to blame "no fit strikers" or say we needed more strikers. He doesn't he works hard with the player, keeps their confidence up(when many fans would replace him with a 19 year old) and now hopefully we'll see the benefit, I thought Bony was excellent Tuesday.

Managers like Mourinho who demand so much of their players and stifle their natural talents can only manage for so long. David Silva wouldnt be picked and wouldn't play for Mourinho. Where as Pellegrini will do anything to have Silva, De Bruyne et al playing their best football. Sometimes this costs the team. For me I prefer it.
If we miss the odd title because we were too open or too attacking, I'm ok with that.
It looks like after three seasons Pellegrini will(should) have two PL, probably a couple of cups and CL knockouts in all 3 years. All playing great open football. In the same time Mourinho will have won a league, a league cup and leave the club in a total mess.

Pellegrini has made some very telling changes in the last six weeks, changes that have been overlooked. His changes in Mönchengladbach changed the game. It's easy to forget that 6 weeks ago, Navas & Fernando were still dirty words at the Etihad.
He changed it against Newcastle, his gamble vs Seville at home, his tactics for the Derby & Seville were brilliant, had Mourinho shown us such a master class(tm) the media would never let us forget.

Pellegrini's attacking philosophy may cost us a few points here and there, experts can point to how he could have set up differently but what they can't point out is how detrimental that may be to confidence & moral of the players.

I'm sure Pellegrini knows, especially as most idiots in the TV studios know, park the bus with great players and you won't lose. It's obvious. What's not obvious is how that effects the players. If football managers become too concerned with their opponents, too concerned with stopping their opponents they forget what they are good at. If players are constantly being asked to ignore their talents, ignore their instincts they lose interest. They lose belief.

Asking Toure to play like Matic or asking Silva to work like a dog is like asking Picasso to paint your skirting boards. They can do it, fine, they'll probably do it once or twice but soon they'll ask why you are not using their talents. Finally they'll either do it half hearted or not at all. See Chelsea now.

As has been pointed out, Pellegrini has the highest win percentage in PL history of an manager after X amount of games, it's time everyone got behind him.
All managers everywhere make mistakes, annoy their fans because as fans we want to win every game. TV 'experts' will tell you, you need to win every game and how 'the bubble has burst' or 'all isn't right' after one loss. They don't ever consider the bigger picture. A good manager does. Pellegrini is a great manager.

Articulated my thoughts entirely. I think the suggestion that he (or anyone else at the club) would play certain players over others based on their nationality or cost does Pellegrini a grave disservice.

That is a brilliant synopsis of Pellegrini's management ability. I was a Mancini believer and will continue to be, but, this manager is the best we have had since Joe Mercer. I hope that in time he will be recognised as such

PL winners,
CL, semi's.
LC, finalists.
FA Cup. Semi's.

Very good.

PL winners,
CL, semi's.
LC, finalists.
FA Cup. Semi's.

That's a fantastic post mate! Love pellers being our manager, wish he could stay for ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.