Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the first thing you do when setting up to beat teams is not to play into their hands.

I think we are being unfair on Pellegrini here.

I mean who the fuck would have thought that a Klopp team would have played this high tempo, high pressing game with his players flooding the midfield.

I mean who the fuck would have thought that a Klopp team would have played this high tempo, high pressing game with his players flooding the midfield.

Yea. It was a real bolt from the blue wasn't it. ;)

That's why no one in the pre match thread predicted it and as the match developed we all sat silently sharing the manager's bafflement.

It was like Pearl Harbour all over again.

So if Liverpool had 10 injuries, why would you not set up to beat them? Why would you put an extra midfielder in? Everything, form wise suggested we would be able to beat them. We've scored more goals at home than anyone and they were not showing any signs of great form (and they had the 10 injuries!). It didn't pan out like that and in many ways it is why football captivates the people who watch it. It is not cold science but a dynamic thing that changes before our eyes. It can be momentum, a lucky bounce, a referees decision or a defensive cock up and it's why nothing is ever a given.

Because already Klopp has his troops well drilled to his preferred style of play and he battered a team with on paper far superior players, some of whom have won the league twice, our goals against by the way is fucking poor for a team aspiring to win this league, whether it be Barca or Bournmouth we concede goals and that is down to how the manager trains and sets the team up on a match day.

Because already Klopp has his troops well drilled to his preferred style of play and he battered a team with on paper far superior players, some of whom have won the league twice, our goals against by the way is fucking poor for a team aspiring to win this league, whether it be Barca or Bournmouth we concede goals and that is down to how the manager trains and sets the team up on a match day.
Yea but Klopp has had two and a bit seasons to work with them while Pellers is still living out of a suitcase. Oh wait ...

tumblr_loiicjgadn1qa1lni.gif

Yea but Klopp has had two and a bit seasons to work with them while Pellers is still living out of a suitcase. Oh wait ...

Give it a rest lads. We get it. You think Pellegrini's stupid or naive or whatever. But it's time to move on. We have another match tomorrow and you have plenty of opportunities over the next few months to continue this petty nonsense. Let's let Saturday rest now.

Give it a rest lads. We get it. You think Pellegrini's stupid or naive or whatever. But it's time to move on. We have another match tomorrow and you have plenty of opportunities over the next few months to continue this petty nonsense. Let's let Saturday rest now.

He's not stupid or naive, he's just stubborn and a busted flush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.