Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proviso Billy.

If Billy , I never said we won't finish top four , again you are quick to jump on a comment and conclude an agenda you like to run quicker than if I mentioned the great RM in the same sentence (lol).

If we start to organise the side better when the opposition have the ball we will keep more clean sheets than we have in the past 13 games.

Obviously you firmly believe we will do that and others do as well.

Our results in the past 8 games have been well below what we expect and what we should be delivering I think you will agree.

Love that wording about the one who should not be named

The problem with us sometimes seeming to be mentally unprepared goes all the the way back to Mancini's time in charge. In recent weeks and months my own take is it's a flaw in the psychology of the core group who joined pre our first title after the takeover.

The squad needs culling of all those players over the next 18 months with the sole exceptions of Kun and Silva.

Couldn't help mentioning your love child again Billy.

To be fair MP has had 5 windows now or should I say our DOF in combination to improve that aspect of the squad's mindset by bringing in players that have steel no matter what is going on around them and if it hasn't altered for the better it doesn't say a lot about those involved paid good money to ensure we are always mentally prepared.

You can still be mentally prepared and be played off the park by a side that want's it more on the day but last Saturday was another example of us not even been prepared or been set up to represent the club as it should be every week no matter the opposition.

Proviso Billy.

If Billy , I never said we won't finish top four , again you are quick to jump on a comment and conclude an agenda you like to run quicker than if I mentioned the great RM in the same sentence (lol).

If we start to organise the side better when the opposition have the ball we will keep more clean sheets than we have in the past 13 games.

Obviously you firmly believe we will do that and others do as well.

Our results in the past 8 games have been well below what we expect and what we should be delivering I think you will agree.

Our results in the last 10 are won 7 drawn 2 lost 1. I'll say again chill out nothing's lost and there isn't any reason for anyone to be flapping about the top 4 being under threat. That's embarrassing and even the stats and results don't back you up.

Love that wording about the one who should not be named

Its a sore point for Billy but in typical Billy fashion he refers to he who should not be named more often than any other poster on this forum.

You know what they say about your real thoughts about someone you continue to run down (LOL).

You think Pellegrini would have used the players in the pitch to weather the first half storm. he's moved Sterling and De Bruyne along the front four to success. Why didn't he move them back to make us compact? Or a least one of the players realise and get some organisation as to what was happening?

We've lost the ability to contain teams when we need to, the only way Pellegrini wants to play is attack and leave the back door open. It seems like we've regressed to when Hughes was in charge. A fantastic squad of players but no clue how to play them and get results.

I don't disagree - everyone disgraced themselves. What was disturbing about Saturday was that no-one seemed to be able to grasp what was happening. I don't think it is a good idea to make 3 substitutions after 20 mins but Pellers was back to the impotent, nailed to the seat approach while the players looked too slow of thought and rather "leggy" to play the opposition we were actually facing. De Bruyne showed one or two excellent touches and, of course, Sergio showed his class with a great goal, but no-one shook themselves out of an all pervading lethargy of mind and body to get a grip on things and exercise some leadership. Certainly not the manager for at least 45 minutes.

Our results in the last 10 are won 7 drawn 2 lost 1. I'll say again chill out nothing's lost and there isn't any reason for anyone to be flapping about the top 4 being under threat. That's embarrassing and even the stats and results don't back you up.

I am only pointing out that in the past 8 games 9 sides have won as many or more points than us in the league.

Its too early to make on a call on how the season is likely to pan out.

I am sure you will agree that we can , should and must do a lot better than 3-2-3 our record since the good start we made not just over the next 8 games but for the rest of the season.

You can use stats in a number of ways but we continue to trend downwards and it has to stop immediately.

Ahhh now i know what you are ! Priceless. :)

What I am - where's those manners you talk about Billy the tea lady will be disappointed.

Never hid the fact that I was and still am a Mancini fan. However, like yourself I am sure I don't let that colour my thoughts about managers

What I am - where's those manners you talk about Billy the tea lady will be disappointed.

Never hid the fact that I was and still am a Mancini fan. However, like yourself I am sure I don't let that colour my thoughts about managers

Don't get him started on RM , he will still be on about him long after Pep has left us.

The problem with us sometimes seeming to be mentally unprepared goes all the the way back to Mancini's time in charge. In recent weeks and months my own take is it's a flaw in the psychology of the core group who joined pre our first title after the takeover.

The squad needs culling of all those players over the next 18 months with the sole exceptions of Kun and Silva.
The same "psychologically flawed" group who overhauled an 8pt deficit with 6 games to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.