Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Pellegrini would have used the players in the pitch to weather the first half storm. he's moved Sterling and De Bruyne along the front four to success. Why didn't he move them back to make us compact? Or a least one of the players realise and get some organisation as to what was happening?

We've lost the ability to contain teams when we need to, the only way Pellegrini wants to play is attack and leave the back door open. It seems like we've regressed to when Hughes was in charge. A fantastic squad of players but no clue how to play them and get results.

2 clean sheets in our past 13 games and only 2 points from the games we kept clean sheets in.

There is no chance of winning the title if keep this rate of conceding going forward in fact we won't finish top four.

mDRnc5C.jpg

2 clean sheets in our past 13 games and only 2 points from the games we kept clean sheets in.

There is no chance of winning the title if keep this rate of conceding going forward in fact we won't finish top four.

Haha. Can't let this pass. This is the third season on the bounce you've said "we won't finish top four" after a poor result. Chill out for heavens sake. We are STILL favorites to win the league.

I haven't done a statistical analysis but it feels like an early goal dictates the rest of the game more than it should. Often when we score early we proceed to a piss-over. If we concede early we are at sixes and sevens.

An elite team needs to run on more than adrenaline. Is enough attention paid to the psychological side of the game, I wonder, in recruitment and training?

Just a thought.

That post is so fucking good it's like poetry! Absolutely bang on, superb mate. Agree with every word.

Agree with 99% of this. Also you could probably add one or two other games to this list. One that springs to mind is Newcastle this season. They could have been 3 or 4 up before
Be reasonable, he doesn't have many choices at the moment.

He has to play Demichelis, and in the absence of Silva and Nasri, we need someone to feed the forwards hence Toure has to start.

When Kompany, Silva, Mangala are back it will be n entirely different team - one that can defend one on one, and attack at will.

At the moment we can't attack for fear of exposing Demichelis, and we can't just sit deep and defend the penalty box, because against the best teams, they will usually score if you do that. Really difficult. We need a break like we had at Sevilla, when everyone was at their best, and we got the benefit of an early goal.
Be reasonable, he doesn't have many choices at the moment.

He has to play Demichelis, and in the absence of Silva and Nasri, we need someone to feed the forwards hence Toure has to start.

When Kompany, Silva, Mangala are back it will be n entirely different team - one that can defend one on one, and attack at will.

At the moment we can't attack for fear of exposing Demichelis, and we can't just sit deep and defend the penalty box, because against the best teams, they will usually score if you do that. Really difficult. We need a break like we had at Sevilla, when everyone was at their best, and we got the benefit of an early goal.

In a sense maybe we are been a bit too hard on him. But he's not doing much to help himself. The problems which appear to be growing, are not been addressed in a strategic sense. Of course the number of injuries is making it harder to win matches but little by little the impression is gaining ground that Pelligrini does not seem to know the best way to set our team up, and just as importantly, he does not usually have an effective plan to counter the opposition.

I haven't done a statistical analysis but it feels like an early goal dictates the rest of the game more than it should. Often when we score early we proceed to a piss-over. If we concede early we are at sixes and sevens.

An elite team needs to run on more than adrenaline. Is enough attention paid to the psychological side of the game, I wonder, in recruitment and training?

Just a thought.

The problem with us sometimes seeming to be mentally unprepared goes all the the way back to Mancini's time in charge. In recent weeks and months my own take is it's a flaw in the psychology of the core group who joined pre our first title after the takeover.

The squad needs culling of all those players over the next 18 months with the sole exceptions of Kun and Silva.

Haha. Can't let this pass. This is the third season on the bounce you've said "we won't finish top four" after a poor result. Chill out for heavens sake. We are STILL favorites to win the league.

Proviso Billy.

If Billy , I never said we won't finish top four , again you are quick to jump on a comment and conclude an agenda you like to run quicker than if I mentioned the great RM in the same sentence (lol).

If we start to organise the side better when the opposition have the ball we will keep more clean sheets than we have in the past 13 games.

Obviously you firmly believe we will do that and others do as well.

Our results in the past 8 games have been well below what we expect and what we should be delivering I think you will agree.

The problem with us sometimes seeming to be mentally unprepared goes all the the way back to Mancini's time in charge. In recent weeks and months my own take is it's a flaw in the psychology of the core group who joined pre our first title after the takeover.

The squad needs culling of all those players over the next 18 months with the sole exceptions of Kun and Silva.
Well maybe keep Hart as well, eh?

Not finishing in the top four is highly unlikely. However, if we are still favourites to win the league we won't be for long. We got 15 points by early Sept. But since then we have only managed 11 in the last 8. I am sure I don't need to remind folk that recent results include two spankings. I for one am finding that it is getting harder to "chill out" after poor results especially as a trend is starting to emerge that seems to indicate a downward spiral. Lets hope you are right and we are in pole position and in good form come the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.