Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same "psychologically flawed" group who overhauled an 8pt deficit with 6 games to play?

I've spent countless moments praising the character of this side. However it's hard to argue that going back five years the players have always had it in them to simply not turn up for games. That's not good enough and Saturday just hammered it home for me.

How is he protected by losing a game? Surely he wants City to win as much as you & I?

He wants to win 'a' game of football. But losing to Liverpool means no more to Pellegrini than losing to West Ham or Bournmouth. It's just 3 points lost & not a disaster. Topping the cl group is his priority. Let's hope he succeeds.

I've spent countless moments praising the character of this side. However it's hard to argue that going back five years the players have always had it in them to simply not turn up for games. That's not good enough and Saturday just hammered it home for me.

Strange how so many of us knew they were not going to turn up when we saw the team sheet.

This core group of players who need to be replaced because of poor mentality? Wasn't there only yaya, Kolorov and Hart on the pitch from back in the day?

2 clean sheets in our past 13 games and only 2 points from the games we kept clean sheets in.

There is no chance of winning the title if keep this rate of conceding going forward in fact we won't finish top four.

If City draw every game 0-0 will that represent progress as we never concede? Its easy to put a negative slant on a run of games.

I'd actually say we need to replace our 'spine'. and I mean Aguero, Yaya and Kompany.

Yaya is past it and can't play every week, nor can he play a 2 man midfield against high energy teams. He still can be incredible for us, but not over the amount of games we need.

And, before you kick the shit out of me for saying Aguero and Kompany. Look at who you would consider the aguero and kompany of Real, Barca or Bayern. Then, compare how often they are out injured. They are the best Striker and CB in the premier league, however, they seem forever in a loop of 'injured-coming back-niggle-injured'. We can't keep pinning all our hopes on Aguero and Kompany to not be injured, all it takes is a look through our pre game threads to see we regularly do this. It's fucking shit, but it's true.

This core group of players who need to be replaced because of poor mentality? Wasn't there only yaya, Kolorov and Hart on the pitch from back in the day?

Squad mentality as a whole. It needs freshening with hungrier players. We made some positive moves in dealing with this over the summer, but I feel more fresher and hungrier faces are needed.

I'd actually say we need to replace our 'spine'. and I mean Aguero, Yaya and Kompany.

Yaya is past it and can't play every week, nor can he play a 2 man midfield against high energy teams. He still can be incredible for us, but not over the amount of games we need.

And, before you kick the shit out of me for saying Aguero and Kompany. Look at who you would consider the aguero and kompany of Real, Barca or Bayern. Then, compare how often they are out injured. They are the best Striker and CB in the premier league, however, they seem forever in a loop of 'injured-coming back-niggle-injured'. We can't keep pinning all our hopes on Aguero and Kompany to not be injured, all it takes is a look through our pre game threads to see we regularly do this. It's fucking shit, but it's true.

I think Aguero is vital to us, I love Vincent but I've been frustrated with him this season, as I genuinely believe he's more arsed about playing for Belgium than us.

The problem with us sometimes seeming to be mentally unprepared goes all the the way back to Mancini's time in charge. In recent weeks and months my own take is it's a flaw in the psychology of the core group who joined pre our first title after the takeover.

The squad needs culling of all those players over the next 18 months with the sole exceptions of Kun and Silva.

The fans are mentally unprepared. Until City start creating a seige mentality we will suffer with bad atmosphere, barracking of the manager and visitors not being made welcome. Get behind the team. Probably a different thread though hey?

Squad mentality as a whole. It needs freshening with hungrier players. We made some positive moves in dealing with this over the summer, but I feel more fresher and hungrier faces are needed.
The left back position needs sorting as does the right to a lesser extent. The Middle of the defence needs one more top quality player bringing in once demichellis finishes, wherever that be Denayer or someone else I don't know. We need replacements for Yaya and Nasri and we need another forward of the ilk of aguero rather than Bony. The next two windows should be used to start getting these in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.