Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's getting harder to defend him. It's going to be a long 6 months because I can't see the club sacking him.

Definitely. Makes me wonder whether Kompany hasn't been filling a player-manager type role at the start of the season on our unbeaten run. Look what's happened since then.

Yeah, should have gone last season. I still don't quite understand how we won the double in his first. We looked dreadful in the first half of the season.. then Yaya just demolished everyone, I guess. Since then, we've looked dreadful nearly all the time, with brief sunny interludes. A lot of our wins come from away teams throwing away a goal in the first quarter of the game. Apart from that, I don't think we're particularly good at actually winning games. It always seems like a toss up, whoever we play.

The current situation is; the Liverpool game showed that the Spurs drubbing wasn't a fluke. MP said the Juve game put that to bed, but we were a goal behind within half an hour and never looked more likely to score than them. Made worse by us only needing a draw in that game. Now this.... Stoke did what everyone has done to us this year. The exact same tactics that have done for us consistently since the first few games of the season. We've been found out, comprehensively. MP doesn't know what to do. The side looks seriously dispirited. It's gone very, very wrong, and I don't have any faith in him to do more than go out to the first good team in the CL (we'll be all but out of the tie in the first half of the first leg, guaranteed), maybe sneak the Carling, and finish top 3. It's nowhere near good enough to represent progress, and there is a growing chance that we will do worse. We are practising mistakes, over and over. Weakening our belief, trust, teamwork.

So yeah, I'd sack him.

But he won't go. Because Pep. Pep is the dream that is being sold to investors like the Chinese. He's the reason it all hangs together for the execs. Without him, they'd be facing questions on how we've spent so much but are still completely and utterly dependant on fielding three out of Silva, Kompany, Toure and Aguero.... players who we bough five years ago.

So that's that. He stays. And we either get Pep, or all change.

What's Guus Hiddink doing these days? I'd offer him a kings ransom until the end of the season.

Pellegrini is tired, uninspiring, lifeless, characterless and complacent; all of which could be said of our performance today. I'd make Kompany player manager until the end of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.