Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with the arrival of Sterling we are seeing why we've never really gone for a 4231/433 formation before. Without the genuine width and directness it doesn't work, as Chelsea showed. But with Navas and Sterling out wide and Kolarov overlapping, we had as much width as I've ever seen from us and it destroyed them. The difference between playing Sterling and playing Nasri on that left hand side is just huge

Also fun fun fact. We didn't play 442 in even half last season'sleague games. I believe the total number was 18 matches. So over half the season we played with one up top. Perception is a weird thing sometimes.

Anyone seen tunnel cam? Teams
Coming out for half time and Costa is waiting for Fernandinho again so kompany takes Fernandinho away.

Pellegrini is walking out and grabs costa's arm and says something to calm him down or warn him. Didn't do anything to Fernandinho in the second half!

Formation aside, I honestly think Pellegrini is on the verge of getting the squad of players he wants.

He looks happier and its scary to think what we are capable of when we reach our potential.

Even in our recent success, we have only shown snippets of our potential and that has been good enough to win the league. However, we reach that potential and we are Barca/Bayern level.

Thought he got it wrong yesterday. He should have stuck to his priciples like last season and played 442, dropped Fernandinho for Fernando, pushed the defensive line right up and asked both full backs to attack at will ;-)

Pellegrini will be mostly judged by the Champions League this season. As we do well in the league, the papers will grow bored of us (instead of lauding us every Monday like Chelsea last season) and simply turn their eyes to Europe.

In fairness we need a good run this season in CL but mark my words Pellegrini will be under the spotlight.

He hates having to wave and applaud us when we sing his song haha. I know he appreciates it but rewatched the match and when we sang it he clapped quickly, waved once or twice and put his hands in his pockets haha.

He's alright I suppose ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.