Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it wasn't exactly the same speed and intensity for the whole game, funnily enough. What did you think? that it blew at exactly the same speed for 90 minutes and then stopped when the final whistle went?

Do you want to buy some magic beans?

Says much about the performance that you were so interested in wind speed and direction.

Not trying to pass comment on that. I would never seek to criticise someone for their ability to go to games. We all have lives and our own reasons for not certain attending games, myself included. We're all blues and that's what really matters.

I asked the question because I was sat exactly on the half way line (give or take a couple of meters) and consequently the wind was blowing from my right to my left throughout the game. I had a perfect perspective, in the flesh, on the impact it had on the game. It definitely made a discernible difference to the play, especially in the second half when we were playing into it. It was hugely difficult at times.

It's absurd to suggest that conditions don't play a part in the outcome of games. I suggest you read up on John Beck and what he used to do to the pitch when he was manager of Cambridge United to see what a difference they can make.

I'm not suggesting it was the only or even the primary reason, and we've only got ourselves to blame for the fact that we were in that position in the first place, but the wind definitely advantaged Stoke over the 90 minutes from where I was sat.

I also went to the game GDM, thankfully sheltered at the back of the away stand and yes it was very windy and the wind increased in the second half and the Britannia has three corners open to the elements which doesn't help but saying all that Stoke knuckled down and dealt with the elements while we didn't even look as if we could be arsed trying to cope, that was the biggest problem for me today. I can handle City playing badly - fuck knows we've all seen enough shite performances over the years - but I felt there was a lack of application today which is unacceptable and also reflects badly on Pellegrini, part of his remit is to get the players in the right frame of mind for the match and there wasn't much sign of that today.

On%20the%20fence.jpg

You're right of course. SACK THE MANAGER NOW!

Can't decide what's annoying me more: the self-righteous who think it's "laughable" that people could be angered by such an abject performance, or those who think we're absolutely fucked. The pragmatists tend to get drowned out in a sea of hyperbole though.

I think it's absolutely laughable that somebody thinks not winning the league is going to be one of the biggest disasters in the history of professional football.

You might disagree, again let's revisit that opinion in a month when this game has passed and take another look at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.