Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deserves a lot of credit yesterday for changing it at half time IMO. He could have waited til 60 minutes or whatever and the frustration might have dragged on, but he didn't fuck about and it ended up a simple win

Seems to have addressed all of last year's failings. Tempo, defensive set up and general shape of team. 451 or 4231 however you see it suits us so much better than 442. Back 4 look imperious at present and deserves credit.

I did criticise MP last season but he looks to have learned from his mistakes and I'm pleased that we still have him. Great substitution at half time and the change to 442 in particular changed the game. The defence looks as good as it has in his time as manager and balance of the team looks great. Hope it continues.

Even though we're playing a 4-2-3-1 now it's useful that pretty much the whole squad has experience playing the 4-4-2 as it will be a good plan B as we saw yesterday.

Looking rather relaxed, telling Enrique we're going to win our 1st Champions League.

Last edited:
Fair fucks to him, he's proved every critics wrong so far this season and seems to have learned that 4-4-2 doesn't suit us as plan A

I never understood fans who criticized Pellegrini. Ever since that first game against Newcastle, we've always played attractive, attacking football. Objectively, we're by far the best team to watch in England and now we're heavy favourites to win the league. Can't believe people wanted him sacked just a few months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.