Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate we have won scoring 3 or more goals in no less than 9 games this season so far in all comps.

What more do some folk want?

Yes the defeats have been shit performances and hard to take but fuck me, there isn't a manager on this planet that could satisfy some of the ridiculous demands on here right now.

I think u missed his point. Yes we have won those games BUT it could so easily have been very different score lines.....we were far from convincing in any of them esp the defensive side of our game...wide open to founter attwcks and and a defense that has vitrually no protection in front of them...people were saying then that better teams would take advantage of us and find us out and we arecseeing that now.. this has been blindingly obvious sincecthe first days of mp' s reign and his major flaw is eithrr his unwillingness or inability to get that balance right....that is why he isnt good enough

I certainly don't see him being here next season but unless there's been a major breakdown behind the scenes, as happened with Mancini, then he'll see out the season. If we're confident that Pep is lined up, then we might have to write off this season, particularly if the news breaks sooner rather than later.

However, let's not forget amid all the doom and gloom that we've got exactly the same number of points that we had at the same stage two seasons ago, when we went on to win the league.
I hate writing of seasons silva,zab,Sergio and Co are not getting any younger now don't think they will be to pleased to write off another with him in charge right now

I think u missed his point. Yes we have won those games BUT it could so easily have been very different score lines.....we were far from convincing in any of them esp the defensive side of our game...wide open to founter attwcks and and a defense that has vitrually no protection in front of them...people were saying then that better teams would take advantage of us and find us out and we arecseeing that now.. this has been blindingly obvious sincecthe first days of mp' s reign and his major flaw is eithrr his unwillingness or inability to get that balance right....that is why he isnt good enough

I find it ridiculous to have a go at a manager who has won games 3-0, 4-0, 4-1, 5-1, 6-1 etc by claiming it could have been a different scoreline etc.

If my auntie had balls she would be my uncle springs to mind.

We are busy setting standards that are impossible to meet on here we really are.

The fact Pep hasn't signed a contract with Bayern, the rags story this morning, and the persistence with Pellers seems to point to the fact he is coming. As we know there are very few top coaches available. So not sure they would be waiting to make the change if they knew he was not coming. If we are still just living in hope and have no assurances then this is a big gamble. Personally would like Simeone if Pep was not to come but I know that does not fit in with the image the club wants to portray. Although having read a few articles about Pep he certainly doesn't seem to take any shit and like all good managers is not a good loser.

It does seem as if the club at least 'expects' to have Guardiola for next season. But if this isn't confirmed soon, I would be very surprised if they haven't taken steps re options to replace Pellegrini. I would imagine they routinely sound out managerial targets for potential future negotiations.

Tbh Klopp & Simione are not the kind of managers I personally fancied for City as I hope for someone more compatible with the way the academy teams play, but Pellegrini doesn't do that either & I'm sick to death of seeing us outrun in games, & unable to counter the simplist of tactics, so I'd jump at the chance of Simeone if Pep won't come.

Okay, you tell me now how Silva's performance was? And why Pellegrini deserves all the abuse he's getting when his best four players have been missing for over two months this season.

I actually didn't think Silva's performance was that bad yesterday, but clearly still getting up to speed following the injury. I thought the whole side did not play well yesterday. The point I am making is to call Silva a disgrace was out of order. Okay saying he had a poor game fine but a disgrace was a poor choice of words. I agree that personal abuse of Pellers is also out of order. I think his tactics have been questionable along with his substitutions. Also think he has not made the use of his younger players over the past year which could have helped give certain players a rest for some minutes per game. Then yesterday quoted tiredness. Also a more pragmatic approach with the injuries should have been used as per the Derby. I did actually come on last week to say well done to him for getting us over the line in that game. However, nothing would give me greater pleasure that for him to prove a lot of us wrong and win trophies this season. If that happens more than happy to come in here and eat humble pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.