Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoulda went all out for Simeone(to late for Klippety),and still could...Failing that i would look at Pochettino,and stick with him.

I actually didn't Silva's performance was that bad yesterday, but clearly still getting up to speed following the injury. I thought the whole side did not play well yesterday. The point I am making is to call Silva a disgrace was out of order. Okay saying he had a poor game fine but a disgrace was a poor choice of words. I agree that personal abuse of Pellers is also out of order. I think his tactics have been questionable along with his substitutions. Also think he has not made the use of his younger players over the past year which could have helped give certain players a rest for some minutes per game. Then yesterday quoted tiredness. Also a more pragmatic approach with the injuries should have been used as per the Derby. I did actually come on last week to say well done to him for getting us over the line in that game. However, nothing would give me greater pleasure that for him to prove a lot of us wrong and win trophies this season. If that happens more than happy to come in here and eat humble pie.

But this is my point, you can't have a player immune from criticism. I know for a fact if Yaya had been injured and yesterday was his second game back the abuse would be appalling.

I think the manager is between a rock and a hard place. His best team is unavailable, and we're down to the bare bones in terms of squad players. I don't buy into this notion that he's tactically poor, or a rubbish manager.

We'll win the league, but the truth is we're doing well to be where we are. Considering Aguero, Silva and Kompany have missed huge games and we've stilled remained in four competitions is because of the manager.

Mate we have won scoring 3 or more goals in no less than 9 games this season so far in all comps.

What more do some folk want?

Yes the defeats have been shit performances and hard to take but fuck me, there isn't a manager on this planet that could satisfy some of the ridiculous demands on here right now.

many of them in the first 5 games of the season, which are a different matter. If we went back to playing like that regularly from Tuesday I'd be happy.

We've dropped points in over a third of our games, we've not played well (no matter how you play the number of goals scored), we've not played with the same verve, style and panache we do at or near our best, we've averaged 2 goals per game, we've conceded over a goal per game, we've failed to beat Juve which is our acid test in our group. We couldn't even play well against Hull's B team, it took subs for us to step up and kill the game off. At this stage in 2011/12 we had 9 more points and 19 more goals, in 2013/14 same points (after a struggling start) but 11 more goals, and far more style. It's the whole picture, the combination. You'd have thought after 3 years of the same manager we would be playing better and getting better results, not the same results but poorer performances. A lack of truly great recruitment is partly responsible, but Pelle has to shoulder most of the blame for failing to get the most out of his teams, AND his squads.

It's not just the defeats that have been shit performances, some of our wins have been pretty shit performances as well.

With players of the calibre we have (and I contend that several are of a higher calibre than they are showing right now, for reasons unknown) and the professionalism of our set-up behind the scenes, I find it mystifying that we persist with a manager who fails to demonstrate the equivalent calibre of tactical ingenuity, organisational flexibility, nous and drive.

Mystifying I say!

The last few away games esp the last three the whole team including management have been poor no player should be singled out

Exactly. I called Silva's performance disgraceful yesterday because I believed it was. On reflection maybe I was harsh, but he was very poor. Often doing nothing defensively and it irks me that he's exonerated from criticism, yet Yaya is lambasted for everything.

I find it ridiculous to have a go at a manager who has won games 3-0, 4-0, 4-1, 5-1, 6-1 etc by claiming it could have been a different scoreline etc.

If my auntie had balls she would be my uncle springs to mind.

We are busy setting standards that are impossible to meet on here we really are.

That's like saying it was impossible to spot flaws in Brian Horton & Ardiles when City & Spurs had a tactically inept but end to end, goalfeast, thriller back in the day.

City were pretty inept at times even in some of the games we have ended up winning convincingly. If you were an oppsing manager watching v Newcastle for instance, you would spot big flaws which you would try to exploit, whilst also fearing City's attacking prowess.

Just a thought, but what do we do re Pellegrini, if Pep signs an extension at Bayern in two weeks' time ?

I would go all out to replace him instantly IF we could poach the man we want.

Personally I'm a big fan of de boer, he also said he wouldn't mind managing us in 2016 ;-)

But this is my point, you can't have a player immune from criticism. I know for a fact if Yaya had been injured and yesterday was his second game back the abuse would be appalling.

I think the manager is between a rock and a hard place. His best team is unavailable, and we're down to the bare bones in terms of squad players. I don't buy into this notion that he's tactically poor, or a rubbish manager.

We'll win the league, but the truth is we're doing well to be where we are. Considering Aguero, Silva and Kompany have missed huge games and we've stilled remained in four competitions is because of the manager.

This is absolutely not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.