Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that this thread has 115 pages is a sad indictment of how fickle our fans have become. It also amuses the Mancini love in when we replaced him with a better manager in Pellegrini.

After the Silva thread can only assume you are on the wum

The fact that this thread has 115 pages is a sad indictment of how fickle our fans have become. It also amuses the Mancini love in when we replaced him with a better manager in Pellegrini.
Yeah that's pretty subjective. Not sure when you put the two of them side by side and list their achievements your argument stands up.
Not that it matters.

Ahh your back looking for the morale high ground. I have in more than one post explained how are squad is weak, you have failed in every single post to say why it isn't. Any reluctance my friend is on your part. Pointless comparing squads with other PL teams, simply tell me why it is strong.

Yes we are performing poorly, again I have expressed my thoughts on this and that pellers takes some responsibility as should the players. Forgive me being a City fan unwilling to go to the lengths some on here are doing in slating our manager, but I guess being old school, that's my failing.

Would I sack him now? not a chance. Will he be replaced in the summer, probably. Will i be happy when he goes ? yes and no
Now that wasn't so hard was it! It took me six attempts but it was worth it. Lol

Well let's explore our common ground. I agree with you that we shouldn't sack him now which is based on the disruption it would cause to the club and whom we would replace him with. Someone mentioned Capello yesterday and if the club took the unlikely decision to dispense with Manuel mid-season, I couldn't think of a better short term replacement until the summer out of who is currently available. But my default position will remain if the club wanted to dispense with Manuel, we should have done so in the summer so in that respect he and the club will continue to get my total support as always.

In respect to squad strength at the risk of boring everyone to death by presenting player by player comparisons, what I have done is taken a global view of the main 6 teams (imo) squads and based on what I can see I wouldn't swap ours with any of them, but if I had to choose again in common with you I'd probably opt for Arsenal's.

Every squad has its strengths and weaknesses but the main thrust of you calling our squad weak came when you compared our weakest team against our competitors strongest to underpin your opinion that our squad isn't as strong as many of us think. This is a ridiculous comparison imo as its obvious comparing other teams weakest teams to ours is a fairer comparison and even if you do so I still think we come out ahead.

If there's any confusion or misinterpretation, I'm afraid its come from you who has claimed our squad isn't as strong as many of us believe whilst comparing our weakest possible team to our competitors strongest. To stop any confusion, just list from 1 - 4 who you believe has the strongest squad in the Premier League. Its very simple really.........

Reminds me of the last Keegan season. Thankfully no Stuart Pearce lurking in the background or it could get even worse

I certainly don't see him being here next season but unless there's been a major breakdown behind the scenes, as happened with Mancini, then he'll see out the season. If we're confident that Pep is lined up, then we might have to write off this season, particularly if the news breaks sooner rather than later.

However, let's not forget amid all the doom and gloom that we've got exactly the same number of points that we had at the same stage two seasons ago, when we went on to win the league.

I certainly don't see him being here next season but unless there's been a major breakdown behind the scenes, as happened with Mancini, then he'll see out the season. If we're confident that Pep is lined up, then we might have to write off this season, particularly if the news breaks sooner rather than later.

However, let's not forget amid all the doom and gloom that we've got exactly the same number of points that we had at the same stage two seasons ago, when we went on to win the league.

Agree completely.

Reminds me of the last Keegan season. Thankfully no Stuart Pearce lurking in the background or it could get even worse
The last Keegan season 2004-05 season was ok .
It was better than the 2003-04 Keegan season .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.