Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we not allow for the standard of opposition any more?

Teams in the PL, even those towards the bottom are now able to spend big money on very good players. As of next year, the bottom side will get more money than this years winner iirc?

Its a sporting contest and as a Champion side with great players, teams and managers see us as a big scalp and no doubt raise their games and performances against us and sometimes, they are successful.

Take yesterday for example, yes, crap performance but fuck me, some of the attacking football and interchanges between Stoke up front was very very good indeed and sometimes in sport you hold your hands up and say well done.

Well done Stoke, played well. Well done Mark Hughes for organising the team.

City on the other hand, were a disgrace to the club, fans, & owner. Bollocks to the players for not taking it upon themselves to do better & a bucket of shit for Pellegrini for failling to organise or motivate 11 superior players.

Well done Stoke, played well. Well done Mark Hughes for organising the team.

City on the other hand, were a disgrace to the club, fans, & owner. Bollocks to the players for not taking it upon themselves to di bett3r & a bucket of shit for Pellegrini for failling to organise or motivate 11 superior players.

I agree with every word you have just posted, every word.

The fact that this thread has 115 pages is a sad indictment of how fickle our fans have become. It also amuses the Mancini love in when we replaced him with a better manager in Pellegrini.

giphy.gif

Lets make sure we are discussing the same thing otherwise we will go round in circles. What is your understanding of a strong squad? For me it means being able to compete with any team when some of our core players are out, hence why I believe the relevance of facing other "first teams strongest". Yesterday was a case in point whereby Stoke had players IMO who were better than our squad players (Shaqiri & there scorer who I shall not attempt to spell) for examples.
Pellegrini was extoling the virtues of our strong squad at his Friday press conference and yes we do have a very strong squad even if you don't believe so,we just haven't got the management personnel to get the best out of it,give this squad to Guardiola who will get it motivated,organised,grafting and more tactical nous and you'll see what a fine squad it is.

The biggest frustration for me is we have 8 defensive squad places, 4 centre mid and 6 attacking midfield. 2 players for every position yet when we were light in centre mid we used Roberts and Garcia to supplement the attack and now we have Delph and Fernando back in the absence of silva and Nasri he has used yaya in an attacking position instead. We should have been able to start a team against hull with players like Roberts, Denayer, Angelino and Evans who have enough first team experience to allow the squad to be rested or at least on the bench. And I know Denayer and Evans are on loan but the bottom line is they would be better in our squad right now than Fernando and Demichelis, instead we are in a position where we have a 17 year old centre back on the bench!

The biggest frustration for me is we have 8 defensive squad places, 4 centre mid and 6 attacking midfield. 2 players for every position yet when we were light in centre mid we used Roberts and Garcia to supplement the attack and now we have Delph and Fernando back in the absence of silva and Nasri he has used yaya in an attacking position instead. We should have been able to start a team against hull with players like Roberts, Denayer, Angelino and Evans who have enough first team experience to allow the squad to be rested or at least on the bench. And I know Denayer and Evans are on loan but the bottom line is they would be better in our squad right now than Fernando and Demichelis, instead we are in a position where we have a 17 year old centre back on the bench!
I might be wrong, but I think Roberts is injured and hence was not in the squad v Hull!!

I'm not impressed by Pellers. Nice guy... but tactics and team spirit are off.

If Pep won't commit to us soon I think we should dump Pellegrini and pick up Ancelotti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.