Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said a while ago that MP's biggest risk is being out of the top 4 come 1st January. Whilst almost everything else that has gone on for over two months is deeply disappointing for everyone from Sheikh Mansour down to us, not being in the CL next season will not be tolerated.
I can't find any enthusiasm for dreaming of a trophy this season but, as I always say, top three must be the priority. After the recent financial and other off-field developments, the current state of affairs in the first team squad is utterly unacceptable. It's MP's job to sort this out. If he doesn't he will be gone. ADUG did it with Hughes and those that think they won't act mid-season are being, in my humble view, rather naive.
Completely agree mate. These guys are winners in everything they do - no way will the Sheik tolerate mediocrity on an on-going basis.

I believe, the CL is the Holy Grail (or whatever the equivalent is) for our owners. If participation becomes a threat, Then they will act swiftly and without sentiment.

I would love to sack Pellegrini if we had a replacement, but I don't see how we can have a replacement with all the stuff that is going on, unless Bayern are sacking Pep.

I think Pellegrini did a good job when he first came to City & is capable of a much higher level of tactical & organisational management than we are seeing. But I think there is strong evidence that he will only do that when backed into a corner. It wouldn't surprise me at all, if we suddenly won a bunch of games now playing a 4-6 formation wih no strikers & Silva as a 'false' 9 or something, as he's proved he can do shit like that. But he's also proved he struggles to motivate players to run the extra yard for him, & that he will try to revert to variations of his favourite system, against any opposition, at any time, & often refuses to take the oppo or the conditions, or the fitness of his players, into consideration. Well either that or he's a fucking stupid old bastard & I'm giving him too much credit.

He is apparently using fitness issues as an excuse. Well I was pointing out weeks ago, how he was running DeBruyne into the ground (many thought that was perfectly ok) & DeBruyne has never been quite as sharp since. I have also mentioned 1000 times, how imo a proper manager would have started regularly using kids later in games as subs etc & that thuis would have started over a year ago. The typical response to this from some is 'we pick the strongest side for every game' & 'they have to prove they are good enough, not expect favours'.

Well it isn't a fucking 'favour' it's about using our own kids to take the strain off the 'first team' players giving them more time to recuperate & not having them running at times when they are likely to pick up injuries & strains. It doesn't fucking matter whether or not George Evans is or isn't going to make it as a long term City player, if he can stop Fernandinho straining a calf muscle by replacing him for 30 mins when we're 3-0 up. This is the key to Ferguson's use of young players, not that they all bcome stars like Giggs, they help THE SQUAD get through tough times. That old fucker has totally failed to make best use of the untold riches at his fingertips & has no plan whatsoever in that regard, even for the short term.

And I'll give you the example which proves this: on the bench v Stoke, fucking Garcia. What the fuck was he EVER going to do v Stoke, away, in a fucking hurricane ? Kean Bryan, who tackles everything which moves, runs his balls off for City & even keeps possession better than Garcia, stronger, much more likely to survive ? Never even played 5 mins under Pellegrini. Absolutely scandallous waste of a potential asset which could help the squad & stupid, short sighted management. Denayer could also have filled in centre mid & right back as well as cb, & probably done centre mid better than Fernando. a better 1v1 defender than ANYONE in the first team. Maybe George Evans could have filled a space whilst others rested too. All would need minutes on the pitch to get upto pace first though. None have had any. Utter shit management. So when he moans about injuries, he is full of shit imo. He fucked up Negredo in a dead game, for no reason, almost cost us the season, & that has always made me wonder about him.

This is absolutely perfect. The whole "he won't use kids cos he wants to win everything" doesn't stand up cos it isn't logical. Not using kids actually puts more strain on his first team players and actually lessens his chances of winning games. It's incredibly short-sighted.

I said maybe disgrace is a strong word but the reaction of grown men in retaliation to what I said is hilarious.
Nah, we just appreciate he's coming back from injury and in those conditions his game was always going to suffer. Your initial post deserved any stick it recieved.

This is absolutely perfect. The whole "he won't use kids cos he wants to win everything" doesn't stand up cos it isn't logical. Not using kids actually puts more strain on his first team players and actually lessens his chances of winning games. It's incredibly short-sighted.

But I don't believe the kids are ready. People are asking for X and Y player to be in, and the truth is I trust the club's judgement on where they stand.

I'll give you this, you are persistent in being silly. No where did I say Shaqiri was better than Kev or Arnautovic better than David. If you were happy with the quality on display yesterday by some of our squad players, that tells me all I need to know

If you want to keep misinterpreting me to try and make me out to be something I'm not, crack on alone
I'm not being silly, I'm asking you questions based on the comments you've made so if anything is silly it must be your comments. Perhaps now you can see what others can see in respect to your football knowledge. Let me remind you what you said: Stoke have players who were better than our squad players (Shaqiri and the scorer who I won't attempt to spell his name) for example.

All I've done is followed your formula of compare and contrast by mirroring the players positions, Shaqiri for KDB and Arnautovic for Silva. And this is taking into account that neither Stoke player has exactly set the Premier League alight this season so far. I also note you've taken their 2 best performers from yesterday and none of the other Stoke players who helped with their deserved victory to further skew your argument that we have a weak squad.

Here's a clue mate. Hughes has just been on the telly again where he stated they've been planning for us for weeks, they had a plan and the players executed it perfectly hence the win. Pellegrini by contrast; We were tired.

I am a big fan of Silva and have Dave's name on the back of my shirt. However, there was a moment in the first half where Sagna faced with two Stokies looked to Dave for help and he just stood there. It was out of character but it happened and summed up our no show on the day!

Exactly. My issue with him is if he's not fit enough to track back he's not fit enough to play.

Some of us have a sense of loyalty to our greatest ever player which you seem unable to appreciate, possibly because it's a quality you lack.

So if we were using your idea of thought, Silva can never have a bad game and should be exonerated from criticism. I appreciate the quality we have, but I can't appreciate a lack of effort.

So if we were using your idea of thought, Silva can never have a bad game and should be exonerated from criticism. I appreciate the quality we have, but I can't appreciate a lack of effort.
He should certainly be exonerated from having phrases like 'Fucking disgrace' thrown at him when coming back from a two month lay off and having to play away at Stoke in the worst of footballing conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.