Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it. If Pellers had been in charge for the last eight years, Joe Hart would have been shipped out long ago. I want to see Pellers see out the season but his treatment of Denayer and others has been poor!

No he wouldn't, so stop suggesting nonsense. Also regarding Denayer, the signing of Otamendi, coupled with Mangala's refusal to go on loan was why he was loaned out. So your attempts to blame that on the manager look foolish

Long story short...

We can't sack him now.

Yet, if things don't change soon he could be in trouble before the season is over. I think we'd have to look in genuine danger of being out of the top 4. We are at risk now, but not there yet.

That being said, I am not impressed with the motivation of the team again and I feel part of that has to fall on the manager. All these Pep rumours circulating again can certainly not be helping, but he has to right the ship, injuries or not.

No he wouldn't, so stop suggesting nonsense. Also regarding Denayer, the signing of Otamendi, coupled with Mangala's refusal to go on loan was why he was loaned out. So your attempts to blame that on the manager look foolish

Haha! You've given an even better example of poor man management. How disgraceful of Mangala to refuse to be shipped out on loan the year after we bought him.

It's no surprise if the team have begun to lose faith in Pellers. I hope Manuel can turn this around!

Haha! You've given an even better example of poor man management. How disgraceful of Mangala to refuse to be shipped out on loan the year after we bought him.

It's no surprise if the team have begun to lose faith in Pellers. I hope Manuel can turn this around!

No I haven't, the club, not Manuel wanted to loan out Mangala, after he said he wanted to stay, we loaned Denayer.

I understand the manager receiving some criticism, but I can't stand the Mancini fan boys who often wait for defeats to spout bile.

Pellegrini is a very capable manager. Speculating about his future and Pep coming next season is not helping him. We are close to the top of the Prem, in the semi finals of one cup and in the last 16 of another. Would I sack Pellegrini now? Yeah. why not. I don't like us winning trophies anyway and my FIFA 16 bollocks rating tells me that cloud fucking cuckoo land is a better place to be.

No I haven't, the club, not Manuel wanted to loan out Mangala, after he said he wanted to stay, we loaned Denayer.

I understand the manager receiving some criticism, but I can't stand the Mancini fan boys who often wait for defeats to spout bile.

More bullshit.

Everyone was behind Pellers but his team selection against Liverpool took the piss out of our exposed defence.

I don't blame Pellers for the Stoke defeat that was always a real possibility in the conditions and due to injuries. Stoke were outstanding. We did need to show more flexibility in tactics and hart though!

Does it count that we are still in 4 competitions if its physically impossible to be out of 2 of them and even if you were 'out' of the third, you'd still be playing in it at this point?

Means nothing. Performance on the park means everything and apart from a few bright spots, its generally shit.

Then that's more of a management problem then for me , he's giving players too much slack despite poor performances, Bony a casing point, Yaya another, they are given the impression that playing good once in a while is good enough, said it before but the best players we have were signed before Pellegrini turned up.

As KN has said and rightly so is his complete ignorance of youth players at his disposal is fucking criminal, he's hanging players out to dry for his own self importance, too many people are falling for his Mr Nice Guy image when in reality it's all about him, he doesn't give a fuck about City, the squad is underperforming and that's down to him.

I'd expect Tottenham and Liverpool to finish above us this season the way we are plundering along - the players don't get him anymore.

I said they have it within them to let any manager down so what I am referring to is not a management issue. Mancini had the same problem and some of the same players. There's been some debate around David Silva in the last few pages and whilst one description of his performance was OTT, he failed completely to step up to the plate when we needed him to and it is not the first time.

Silva was not alone yesterday. The sad thing is that it has been years since City have come back from two down to win a league game. It is not a frequent occurrence that we go two down but when that sort of thing happens; especially early in a game to a less talented team, we should be seeing a calm, relentless, remorseless response from players with the technical ability that we have and more often than not should expect to turn things round. That sort of response shouldn't be reliant on who the manager - although he has a part to play - but it should be there in the players.

Maybe Tolmie is right that we need a manager of Pep's stature to inspire that kind of belief in our players but it is a bit of a sad indictment of the players.

You've made it evidently clear Silva shouldn't be criticised, my issue is people are getting very defensive, but even the most ardent and biases fellow City fan can see he wasn't at the required standard yesterday.

It's obvious that people aren't able to blame certain players after defeats, just the manager and a select few.

We have all had this discussion it was not the criticism it was the wording you used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.