Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then what's the excuse for Mourinho? What was the excuse for Klopp last year when in the relegation zone?

I think it's far too easy to just point blame solely at MP, there's contributing factors into our poor form.

Yes,lazy overpaid players, they dont give a fuk and have no bolox for a scrap(Delph aside),they have no challengers and know they will be picked week in week out...lazy bastards and a severe cull is needed inc the Manager.

But then what's the excuse for Mourinho? What was the excuse for Klopp last year when in the relegation zone?

I think it's far too easy to just point blame solely at MP, there's contributing factors into our poor form.
I didn't make an excuse for either of them, nor did I try to.

No idea what has happened to Chelsea - fair enough.

Klopp was very poor last year, but did have his best players sold year in, year out.

Of course there are contributing factors, but Pellegrini isn't doing a good job at the moment, either.

The moment was last season when it became blatantly obvious about his failings, including leadership, team selection / tactics, stubbornness, etc.

One assumes the club have something special lined up (e.g. Pep), but as it is we will have spent two years treading water / going backwards (on the pitch that is and not commercially).

As for the quadruple, the mere fact he mentioned it means he's a fool. Him and too many key players bigging it up in the media, with no evidence of the effort where it matters. We'll be lucky if we win anything.

No fucking passion in certain quarters, in key games across the season. The same attitude was displayed in the FA Cup Final. It needs eliminating out of the club completely, if certain players need to go then so be it. Time to move on.

But I don't believe the kids are ready. People are asking for X and Y player to be in, and the truth is I trust the club's judgement on where they stand.

They are 100% ready to do exactly what Nev explained - pop on for 30 minutes to slot in and stop people like Fernandinho getting a calf strain. If teams like Aston Villa or whatever can take points off us with kids from their academy involved, and our kids after beat those very same kids when they were in the academy environment, then how does it exactly work out that we should automatically then drop points by including one of ours?

I might be wrong, but I think Roberts is injured and hence was not in the squad v Hull!!
Yes he is injured but I was more speaking generally about how we should be using the squad and young players in games like these, Roberts is injured now but how little football has he played this season?

They are 100% ready to do exactly what Nev explained - pop on for 30 minutes to slot in and stop people like Fernandinho getting a calf strain. If teams like Aston Villa or whatever can take points off us with kids from their academy involved, and our kids after beat those very same kids when they were in the academy environment, then how does it exactly work out that we should automatically then drop points by including one of ours?

He couldn't give two fucks about the academy , hasn't since he arrived. He's not the whole package that this club needs, thank fuck it looks like he's getting peddled at the end of the season.

I agree with that. We clearly have a major injury problem, coupled with a large number of games in a short succession.

It's funny. Reading this thread, people are saying players like toure are not good enough, but want to rush up unproven youth players. Do we remember the reaction to Boyata and onuha when they first made the first team and had a few poor games. That is not the way to get the best out of players like nacho. And the idea that barker and others are ready for the first team is more wishful than anything. They need to prove themselves on loan before they have that opportunity with the first Team.

My word, 124 pages on this thread since yesterday final whistle. That already tells you something about what's going in the fans' minds. That much discussion of the question put by the thread title, in a bit more than twenty-four hours.
Anybody else been talking about it with mates and got the impression that faith is definitely ebbing, at least on the ordinary match-going fans' side?

I agree with that. We clearly have a major injury problem, coupled with a large number of games in a short succession.

It's funny. Reading this thread, people are saying players like toure are not good enough, but want to rush up unproven youth players. Do we remember the reaction to Boyata and onuha when they first made the first team and had a few poor games. That is not the way to get the best out of players like nacho. And the idea that barker and others are ready for the first team is more wishful than anything. They need to prove themselves on loan before they have that opportunity with the first Team.
So what does Denayer have to do to "prove " himself ? courted by a number of European clubs in the summer and celtics player of the season last year , yet MdMs legs have gone , Denayer would surely be a better option as back up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.