Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Jesus Navas and Sami Nasri but Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling are better players, and improve us.

I like Pellegrini but in my opinion Guardiola is the best manager around. If he's available we should do all we can to get Guardiola.

Manuel has brought the club from the player turmoil it was at the end on the bobby era back from the dead and some of the football we play is outrageous!!! The test though will be in Europe again. With much better options such as de Bruyne, sterling, Delph and otamendi and a fit yaya and kompany then he should get it right most times. Pep will still be in charge next season though imo

This is really starting to fire me up (people ok with pep taking over next year, not you specifically). It's truly egregious. The purpose of a job is to do the task assigned to you by the person doing the hiring. Guidelines and expectations are set by both parties. What guidelines were set?

1) Cleaning up the atmosphere that Bobby Manc left behind was most definitely one of them.
2) Win 5 titles in 5 years.
3) Manuel promises to rebrand the club into an aggressive, attacking, and attractive club.
4) Implications of improvement in the CL
----

1) Tasked with changing the aura of the club. Accomplished? Yes, exceeded without a hiccup.
2) Tasked with winning 5 titles in 5 years. Accomplished? Yes, with a high probability of meeting and/or surpassing expectations. If we go 0/4 this year he 100% should be replaced. I'll bet a massive % of my money and lay a good price that this won't happen.
3) Tasked with rebranding the club into an attacking attractive club. Accomplished? Yes, nearly broke the record for goals scored.
4) Tasked with progression in the champions league. Accomplished? Undecided.
----

These were the main things he was to be graded on, no? How the hell are you gonna replace the guy for doing exactly what he promised to do and then some? I don't know how anybody can support his removal or even be ok with it. It leaves a real bitter taste in my mouth and should leave one in yours too. Maybe it's just a culture thing that I'm not getting here.

I suppose if you wanted to ax him and appear to have validation in doing so you'd do it by claiming he was 'under performing' in Europe. It's a load of bullshit if you ask me (failure to make it out of the group and he has to go).

I have nothing against Pep. He's managed godly teams and done well with them. So what? I want him to be our next manager when it's time for MP to go, but it's not time yet. I hope Bayern fizzles out of the CL again so all this Pep mania dies down some.

Last edited:
This is really starting to fire me up (people ok with pep taking over next year, not you specifically). It's truly egregious. The purpose of a job is to do the task assigned to you by the person doing the hiring. Guidelines and expectations are set by both parties. What guidelines were set?

1) Cleaning up the atmosphere that Bobby Manc left behind was most definitely one of them.
2) Win 5 titles in 5 years.
3) Manuel promises to rebrand the club into an aggressive, attacking, and attractive club.
4) Implications of improvement in the CL
----

1) Tasked with changing the aura of the club. Accomplished? Yes, exceeded without a hiccup.
2) Tasked with winning 5 titles in 5 years. Accomplished? Yes, with a high probability of meeting and/or surpassing expectations. If we go 0/4 this year he 100% should be replaced. I'll bet a massive % of my money and lay a good price that this won't happen.
3) Tasked with rebranding the club into an attacking attractive club. Accomplished? Yes, nearly broke the record for goals scored.
4) Tasked with progression in the champions league. Accomplished? Undecided.
----

These were the main things he was to be graded on, no? How the hell are you gonna replace the guy for doing exactly what he promised to do and then some? I don't know how anybody can support his removal or even be ok with it. It leaves a real bitter taste in my mouth and should leave one in yours too. Maybe it's just a culture thing that I'm not getting here.

I suppose you wanted to ax him and appear to have validation in doing so you'd do it by claiming he was 'under performing' in Europe. It's a load of bullshit if you ask me (failure to make it out of the group and he has to go).

I have nothing against Pep. He's managed godly teams and done well with them. So what? I want him to be our next manager when it's time for MP to go, but it's not time yet. I hope Bayern fizzles out of the CL again so all this Pep mania dies down some.
Sorry mate, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree here. I guarantee that if Pellegrini goes at the end of the season it will be on good terms and with Pellegrini 100% in the loop regarding the succession plan. We're not being run by idiots here, and they will have a plan in place not just for next season but for the foreseeable future, and if they see Pep as the man to build on the foundations laid by Pellers then this is what will happen.

Pep appointment, if it happens, would be as much about brand value as footballing reasons. He is the most marketable manager.

He makes us a great proposition for any player out there, I mean any. We already are. But he would elevate to Barca/Madrid level.

And guarantees a certain level of respect/fear in Europe as a team to fear.

Pep appointment, if it happens, would be as much about brand value as footballing reasons. He is the most marketable manager.

He makes us a great proposition for any player out there, I mean any. We already are. But he would elevate to Barca/Madrid level.

And guarantees a certain level of respect/fear in Europe as a team to fear.

Not sure I agree with any of that. If we have a sucessful year this year, we will be an even greater proposition for talent. There are no guarantees at all that say he will make us a team to fear in Europe.

We are again rebuilding the squad and have introduced several great players this last window. Let's see how Manuel fairs this year in Europe before helping him pack his case.

Every system can be successful if you have the right players and the commitment from them to the system. 4-4-2 worked right for us when we had Negredo-Aguero up top. Then we had Dzeko-Aguero. The thing is Dzeko was a bit too lazy to put it someway. And the we have Yaya in the middle. Last year the hunger was gone as well. Everything is back this season, we want to probe a lot of people wrong, specially those saying we were not going to make top 4. Guess what... we are going to walk the league this year, no matter what system we use. I really like the look of Sterling-Silva-Kolarov on the left. All the players look very much up for it. Good days ahead.
Then you're going to love kdb-silva-zabaleta!

Great read that!

"Success at Villarreal helped Pellegrini to land the Real Madrid job but his only season working for Perez was a miserable one. Perez signed Kaka despite reports that cartilage problems in both knees meant his best days were behind him. Pellegrini suggested that instead of Kaka the club sign David Silva but his request was ignored."

Thank god for Perez (being a clueless tit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.