Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
theres a nice surprise.
manuel pellegrini has the 2nd highest win percentage of managers who have had 10 or more games in the prem,hes on 66% 2nd only to gus hiddink who has managed 13 games and has 80+%.

mr pellegrini well done.

It's certainly not fear, it's just a fairly pragmatic view that things can change quite quickly, and especially if you can throw a lot of money at a problem. To say they're no longer one of the big boys is very short sighted in my opinion.

There's no question we're the better run club these days, and Guardiola's appointment would help cement that. Dismissing United out of hand for the foreseeable future is either foolhardy or naive though.

Not sure I fully agree with that. Personally I think United are going through the kind of transition which is unprecedented in the league. Money is absolutely something which can help smooth this over to some degree but I do to some extent agree with Dave, it'll be a long time before they are of any real genuine concern to us. They might float around the top 4 and have the odd moment in a season where they look like title challengers - but over the course of a season they are a long long way short of the quality they require or the coherent thinking they require to be considered a genuine threat.

I see them in the same bracket as Liverpool and Spurs rather than Chelsea and Arsenal. Chelsea have been set back a few years by Mourinho's awful transfer strategy but I'd still expect them to be able to bounce back without too much drama. United are going to lurch from one disaster to another, which probably won't end until they appoint, then sack Giggs as manager. I reckon at that point someone might twig that they need a DoF or at least someone other than Ed Woodward doing the long and short term planning for the club.

Not sure I fully agree with that. Personally I think United are going through the kind of transition which is unprecedented in the league. Money is absolutely something which can help smooth this over to some degree but I do to some extent agree with Dave, it'll be a long time before they are of any real genuine concern to us. They might float around the top 4 and have the odd moment in a season where they look like title challengers - but over the course of a season they are a long long way short of the quality they require or the coherent thinking they require to be considered a genuine threat.

I see them in the same bracket as Liverpool and Spurs rather than Chelsea and Arsenal. Chelsea have been set back a few years by Mourinho's awful transfer strategy but I'd still expect them to be able to bounce back without too much drama. United are going to lurch from one disaster to another, which probably won't end until they appoint, then sack Giggs as manager. I reckon at that point someone might twig that they need a DoF or at least someone other than Ed Woodward doing the long and short term planning for the club.

Jesus wept, Chelsea's transfer policy won them the league last year, the rags are not like Spurs or Liverpool in the slightest the fuckers have too much money, a decent manager and proper signings and they will be a threat, if that is in in one year or five no one can say

You cannot say it will be a long time before they are a concern, don't just predict crap for the sake of it, as your history shows you ain't very good at it

When you look at what Liverpool and Arsenal have spent in a premiership window , Say Liverpool under Rodgers and what they will spend under Klopp its going to be much more than 200 mill in transfer fees alone.

Other than Suarez Liverpool haven't got a great return for their outlay and Rogers isn't now nor ever going to be a top manager.

Having lots of money is a help of course but its how you spend it that really matters.

Quite right. Leicester aren't doing too badly.

He should be judged on the job he is doing here, the fact others are fucking up even more doesn't give him a pass, he can't keep relying on nice draws and a poor league, if Chelsea were shit last year we would have won the league, but they weren't so we didn't, he has been poor for most of his tenure, circumstances have dictated what he has achieved

He may get lucky again this season, still a poor manager though

How does winning a CL group equate to him being poor?

One of the things I hate about them is the way they just conjure money out of thin air. Sponsors sign outrageous deals and before you know it, they renegotiate it upwards. The Glazers may be in it for the money but they aren't stupid. They refinance, they sell non voting shares, they invent new sponsorship categories. They also know they have to invest to keep the golden pig shitting.

I also hate the way their financial set up slides by FFP while ours gets caught right in its purposely designed trap.

You can never write them off financially. Best we can hope for is a succession of crappy managers who blow the cash or piss off the players.

But for the first time in my life we have people who both know what they are doing financially and have real clout so the Rags can bring it on as far as I'm concerned.

Unfortunately they are still a very popular club and have been for a long time. When City signed the Etihad deal it was at the time a huge amount of money. Utd then signing the Chevron & Adidas deals took it to another level and meant that City can now chase similar amounts. One of the reasons ffp died in my opinion...with revenue like that we could sign who we like. Its a shame for Utd they have to use it to service their debt but that's their problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.