Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, I want Manchester City to be league leaders.

wasn't a difficult concept. Win % means fuck all unless you provide the trophies each season to match.

We won't win the league every year. Not even under Pep. Nor will we be league leaders all season every season. You've got some ridiculous standards and honestly i'm not sure how you can enjoy football if that's your attitude.

We won't win the league every year. Not even under Pep. Nor will we be league leaders all season every season. You've got some ridiculous standards and honestly i'm not sure how you can enjoy football if that's your attitude.

Yes that is exactly what he said, well done again

I said trophies. Course we won't win the league every season (though we should this season as the league is so weak and we have easily the best side), but no reason why we couldn't pick up a League Cup/FA Cup in the seasons we don't. Picking up a regular trophy haul is key to being an elite club.

I'm happy when we play to our, or close to, our potential, which we're nowhere near at the moment and a lot of it is down to the manager. We had a similar record 2 years ago, difference was it was 2 seasons ago under Pelle and at least we played some stunning football and got stunning results. Now we just scrape by and then get thrashed when the opposition turn up.

p.s. We haven't been league leaders close to all season in any season, let alone all season every season. Not too much to ask that easily the best squad in the league leads a weak league and wins it comfortably, like Ferguson, Mourinho teams et autres abroad have done consistently in recent years when they've been faced with similar situations.

I have similar expectations to those who own and run the club. If you think they want us to be anything other than the best team in the world, and up there in record, trophy haul and reputation as Real/Barca/Bayern, if not surpassing them, then you're misguided. Thus expectations should reflect such. It doesn't happen overnight but it's right to expect more than we are currently being offered in terms of results in the league and performances on the pitch, the bar has been raised to the highest level, and Pellegrini isn't delivering. If you'd said after all the signings in the summer that we'd be 3rd in the league behind Leicester City the weekend before Xmas, people would have kicked off then, I don't see why it's suddenly so acceptable.

I said trophies. Course we won't win the league every season (though we should this season as the league is so weak and we have easily the best side), but no reason why we couldn't pick up a League Cup/FA Cup in the seasons we don't. Picking up a regular trophy haul is key to being an elite club.

I'm happy when we play to our, or close to, our potential, which we're nowhere near at the moment and a lot of it is down to the manager. We had a similar record 2 years ago, difference was it was 2 seasons ago under Pelle and at least we played some stunning football and got stunning results. Now we just scrape by and then get thrashed when the opposition turn up.

p.s. We haven't been league leaders close to all season in any season, let alone all season every season. Not too much to ask that easily the best squad in the league leads a weak league and wins it comfortably, like Ferguson, Mourinho teams et autres abroad have done consistently in recent years when they've been faced with similar situations.

I have similar expectations to those who own and run the club. If you think they want us to be anything other than the best team in the world, and up there in record, trophy haul and reputation as Real/Barca/Bayern, if not surpassing them, then you're misguided. Thus expectations should reflect such. It doesn't happen overnight but it's right to expect more than we are currently being offered in terms of results in the league and performances on the pitch, the bar has been raised to the highest level, and Pellegrini isn't delivering. If you'd said after all the signings in the summer that we'd be 3rd in the league behind Leicester City the weekend before Xmas, people would have kicked off then, I don't see why it's suddenly so acceptable.

We spent how many days on top of the league when we won it season before last?

Look I get it. You don't rate Pellegrini. I honestly have literally no interest in listening to you bleat about how high the bar is or what's good enough for you. All I'll say is this season isn't over yet. There's still a hell of a lot of football to be played.

My point stands about enjoying football. It's not been a vintage season for us so far, but fuck me watching the rags and Chelsea implode and seeing Leicester sat top isn't the worst thing in the world at all. I'd have taken the season so far in August all day long. I know a hell of a lot of Blues who would do as well, so please don't pretend to speak for the majority.

We spent how many days on top of the league when we won it season before last?

Look I get it. You don't rate Pellegrini. I honestly have literally no interest in listening to you bleat about how high the bar is or what's good enough for you. All I'll say is this season isn't over yet. There's still a hell of a lot of football to be played.

My point stands about enjoying football. It's not been a vintage season for us so far, but fuck me watching the rags and Chelsea implode and seeing Leicester sat top isn't the worst thing in the world at all. I'd have taken the season so far in August all day long. I know a hell of a lot of Blues who would do as well, so please don't pretend to speak for the majority.

don't pretend yourself, the comments on our own performances on here speak for themselves, they're far more important than what any other club does. If you're really selling how interesting a season is by what others are doing, it says it all about us. I would rather be playing entertaining football, top of the league, with Chelsea & Rags happy as larry in the top 4, with our cup form as it is, than looking to them for "amusement" because my own team is under performing.

If you're not interested, don't reply. Simple as. I only made the point because people were using win % as some sort of proof of Pellegrini's success. I rightly asserted that his trophy haul was far more important and indicative. We differ on league position during the season, I'd rather get to a QF of a CL knowing we can rotate in the League because we have a cushion than have to ground our already struggling squad into the ground (again in part due to the way Pelle has done things), because we have to win every game, or more criminally, sacrifice a league we should be winning for a CL glory that should follow in addition, not instead.

The season isn't over, if he turns round the league form and wins it then he can leave on a nice high. However we're in the here and now and it's right to criticise when it's deserved, as it is now. I've been very fair to Pellegrini in the past, fairer than you've ever been about some people, and no, I'm not "one of those" either before you throw that pointless accusation at me. It's one of your trademarks.

don't pretend yourself, the comments on our own performances on here speak for themselves, they're far more important than what any other club does. If you're really selling how interesting a season is by what others are doing, it says it all about us. I would rather be playing entertaining football, top of the league, with Chelsea & Rags happy as larry in the top 4, with our cup form as it is, than looking to them for "amusement" because my own team is under performing.

If you're not interested, don't reply. Simple as. I only made the point because people were using win % as some sort of proof of Pellegrini's success. I rightly asserted that his trophy haul was far more important and indicative. We differ on league position during the season, I'd rather get to a QF of a CL knowing we can rotate in the League because we have a cushion than have to ground our already struggling squad into the ground (again in part due to the way Pelle has done things), because we have to win every game, or more criminally, sacrifice a league we should be winning for a CL glory that should follow in addition, not instead.

The season isn't over, if he turns round the league form and wins it then he can leave on a nice high. However we're in the here and now and it's right to criticise when it's deserved, as it is now. I've been very fair to Pellegrini in the past, fairer than you've ever been about some people, and no, I'm not "one of those" either before you throw that pointless accusation at me. It's one of your trademarks.

I didn't read it. But i'm sure you were bleating about something! :)

If Pep is coming the flack Pellegrini will have to handle for the rest of the season will be unbelievable. Still at least he'd get a season's compensation as a result of the extension so perhaps not to bad.
I doubt we'll win anything this season as a result though as the players have clearly knocked off early/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.