Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter what you say on an internet forum. When we win the league this season Pellegrini will get a winners medal, and the history books will make him the most successful manager in our modern history. So yeah. You can say we won it despite him. You might even think you're right. But it's a fucking moot point. Last time I checked, as supporters winning the league is the pinnacle of your ambitions. And once it's won no one really cares how it was done.
It'd be much like many peoples' view that it wasn't really down to di Matteo that Chelsea won the FA Cup and Champions League double in 2012. It was just one of those things where they had a good run in those two competitions. That's why he don't get a top job after he left Chelsea and why Pellegrini won't get a top job after he leaves us or why he didn't after he left Madrid [immediately]

We win a lot more games than we lose.

When we play well we outclass teams all over the pitch.

He isn't willing to sacrifice entertainment for points like LVG and Mourinho do.

He has us playing the offside trap better than anyone else in England ever has.

He conducts himself well.

I know what people mean when they say they want a new manager but we are not a club that will sack a manager mid season anymore. We are trying to develop an environment of stability and the 3 year cycle is going to be one of our tenets going forward. I have faith that LVG will continue to drop points and that Arsenal will bottle it in the run in, and we will go on one of MP's signature 5 game winning streaks to gobble up the gap.

I would love to be able to sack him, purely for football reasons as I like the undead git as a person, but it's just not feasible at this point & it still can be won from here. The team showed that 2nd half v Arsenal.

First half City struggles for top 4,later 2nd half City probably beats most teams. Second half Arsenal bottles the league, as always.

Di Matteo probably doesn't care, nor do the Chelsea supporters who celebrate those victories.
And neither will I if we win the league I'd be delighted but Pellegrinj will not win us any trophies

He isn't willing to sacrifice entertainment for points like LVG and Mourinho do.

He has us playing the offside trap better than anyone else in England ever has.

I know what people mean when they say they want a new manager but we are not a club that will sack a manager mid season anymore. We are trying to develop an environment of stability and the 3 year cycle is going to be one of our tenets going forward. I have faith that LVG will continue to drop points and that Arsenal will bottle it in the run in, and we will go on one of MP's signature 5 game winning streaks to gobble up the gap.

When we play well that in itself says it all

Getting dicked by Stoke,Spurs,Liverpool,Arsenal, getting knocked out of domestic cups by pub teams and surrendering the championship isn't entertaining

You're seriously quoting defensive tactics as a plus for pellekeegan

So did ghandi

Any bloody idiot with these players could send them out to attack and entertain

Which is very rarely atm.

In the big games he should.

has us playing the offside trap better than anyone else in England ever has.
Its ineffective without technology so we should just focus on defending properly, man for man. Spurs away showed we shouldn't play the offside trap.

Yes that we can agree on but I wish he would get riled up every once in a while, this team needs a kick up the arse.

When we play well that in itself says it all

Getting dicked by Stoke,Spurs,Liverpool,Arsenal, getting knocked out of domestic cups by pub teams and surrendering the championship isn't entertaining

You're seriously quoting defensive tactics as a plus for pellekeegan

So did ghandi

Any bloody idiot with these players could send them out to attack and entertain

You should try forwarding your contact details to Khaldoon.

Look through that post again and u will know why laughed.. There's aboslutely nothing positive about pellegrini's management at the moment

Must be nice living in the moment, not having to worry about the long term. When Viera finishes mid table you lot wouldn't know what has hit you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.