Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record I want him gone. I just don't get the animosity against him.

Maybe I started drinking too early but I don't see what he got wrong tonight.

The formation and the players role within it, apart from that he was bang on, plus he didn't take a giant crap in the technical area, his manners are impeccable

You should try forwarding your contact details to Khaldoon.

Must be nice living in the moment, not having to worry about the long term. When Viera finishes mid table you lot wouldn't know what has hit you.

So basically you have no answer, you should get the job

Anyway, night lads. I'm watching 3 Headed Shark Attack on Virgin channel 123.

He won't be sacked mid season so instead of expending energy dreaming of Patrick Viera's wonder team suggest you all chill out.

You can pay entertaining football and keep clean sheets neither of which we have done for sometime now.

That's down to the players and the manager.

I have seen enough for long enough to know we are not going to progress under our current set up and many of the players we have are either not good enough or lack the drive to give the owners and supporters what they are looking for.

In a league that is bereft of real quality this season we are doing our best to ensure the title goes to someone that doesn't have to play great football to win it.

If Arsenal are the benchmark this season it says little for the rest of the league.

No wonder a side like Leicester are sitting top of the tree.

The only modicum of entertaining football this year has been played by the likes Leicester , Watford and Crystal Palace.

While we have clicked on occasions for parts of games much of our football this season has been as poor as it was under Leslie and if you compare teams it says little about the steel in the side and the way they are managed.

It'd be much like many peoples' view that it wasn't really down to di Matteo that Chelsea won the FA Cup and Champions League double in 2012. It was just one of those things where they had a good run in those two competitions. That's why he don't get a top job after he left Chelsea and why Pellegrini won't get a top job after he leaves us or why he didn't after he left Madrid [immediately]
Not quite the same thing though is it? He took over towards the end of March. He did overturn a 3-1 deficit with Napoli, the result that got AVB sacked. He also beat Barcelona and Bayern Munich to win it but it was very much not his team. I'm not convinced by MP at times, but I'm not sure that a comparison with di Matteo is entirely right. If he leaves this year, next year or whenever, I shall remember his time here fondly and see it as an essential building block in the future of this fantastic club.

My money and my faith is still in Pellegrini to win the league. Apologies for that. I realise it's not a popular opinion. Then again I rarely give up on seasons in December!

Our 2010 calendar year record All Comps (just sacked Hughes): Pld: 54, W: 28, D: 13, L: 13, (Pts): 97.
2015: P49 W29 D5 L15 (Pts): 92.

So half a decade, all the money spent, all the supposed improvements, comparable years.

There's a key stat, 5 draws in all competitions in the calendar year, we don't accrue enough points with Pelle, it's win or bust, and once every 3 games, it's bust.

Compared to:
2014: P57 W36 D10 L11 (Pts): 118.
2011: P57 W38 D10 L9 (Pts): 124.

That's where we should be minimum, and that's true trophy winning form, we're miles off the pace.

You can pay entertaining football and keep clean sheets neither of which we have done for sometime now.

That's down to the players and the manager.

I have seen enough for long enough to know we are not going to progress under our current set up and many of the players we have are either not good enough or lack the drive to give the owners and supporters what they are looking for.

In a league that is bereft of real quality this season we are doing our best to ensure the title goes to someone that doesn't have to play great football to win it.

If Arsenal are the benchmark this season it says little for the rest of the league.

No wonder a side like Leicester are sitting top of the tree.

The only modicum of entertaining football this year has been played by the likes Leicester , Watford and Crystal Palace.

While we have clicked on occasions for parts of games much of our football this season has been as poor as it was under Leslie and if you compare teams it says little about the steel in the side and the way they are managed.

Taking my love for city out of the equation we don't deserve to win the league, it's hard to say but the manager, the players and a lot of our supporters don't deserve it, there is no justice in this world but if there was Leicester would win it but they won't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.