Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to say it again. Go back to 442. We can't defend and with 4231 we can't score so may as well try to out score the opponents.
I honestly believe pellegrini doesn't know how to coach any other formation.

And he's going in the summer so what is your fucking point ? Sack Mansour for hiring him ? Or maybe accept what is in front of you and yeah. Grow a pair.
Accept what is in front of me? £800 seasoncard, added extras for cup games, never mind away games, sometimes skint because of money coming out for City so can't do other things in life, best quality team in the league even when we have injured stars, playing the worst football since Pearce was here, boring boring slow passing game, appalling defending, I expect a damn sight more for my money so no I won't fucking accept what's in front of me, no.

As the talk of a change of manager increases I suspect the losses will continue to accrue and every player deserves to be interviewed at season's end and be asked why they deserve to represent the club next season.

Many will struggle to convince the club why they do not deserve to be moved on.

Thinking they are the best squad in the league is where the problems start.

Truth is they are not because as each game passes they demonstrate again why they are not.

It can't be a coincidence that Lescott, Nastasic, Demichelis, Mangala, Otamendi and even Kompany struggle under Pellegrini

Where has Sterling disappeared to?

Awesome against Borussia Munchengladbach. We should have built on that confidence. Strikers score goals in series. It always happens. Instead we wrap him in cotton wool. We need goal scorers now.

We are accomodating our 'star' players. Sterling may have cost a load of money but he's a kid.

As the talk of a change of manager increases I suspect the losses will continue to accrue and every player deserves to be interviewed at season's end and be asked why they deserve to represent the club next season.

Many will struggle to convince the club why they do not deserve to be moved on.

Thinking they are the best squad in the league is where the problems start.

Truth is they are not because as each game passes they demonstrate again why they are not.

If you give a manager a contract and let him keep his job what message does this give? If players underperform and are not dropped or sold what message does this give? We are encouraging failure and apathy

If you tried to kill a corpse you could still be charged with attempted murder, just in case you were considering it.

Unless you already knew the corpse was dead, in which case you would be charged with mutilation.

Regardless, I have always tended to think less of Pell (as a manager) than most. I tend to rate managers not on results alone, but something akin to the WAR (Wins Above Replacement) statistic prevalent in baseball. Which is to say, how much better did he do than an absolutely average manager would have done given the same squad and circumstances. If you look at the squads his first year-pre Cesc, Costa, Sanchez- no one should have even run us close. I thought our squad was roughly equivalent tor Chelsea's last year and we lost by double digit points. We spent 150 million this summer and, at almost the mid-point of the season, are behind Leicester and only 3 points in front of a truly dire United team. This is not necessarily to say that he is a bad manager, only that if we had a very good one the results would have been different. He has had the best squad in the league since his arrival (imo dramatically so during 13/14 and 15/16 seasons) so to offer a win-loss record as evidence of his greatness as a manager is simplistic.

Having said that, I see no benefit to sacking Pell mid-season unless missing out on the top 4 remains a genuine possibility well into the new year. If, as widely believed, Arsenal represent our primary competition for the title, we may even win in is spite of him.

Accept what is in front of me? £800 seasoncard, added extras for cup games, never mind away games, sometimes skint because of money coming out for City so can't do other things in life, best quality team in the league even when we have injured stars, playing the worst football since Pearce was here, boring boring slow passing game, appalling defending, I expect a damn sight more for my money so no I won't fucking accept what's in front of me, no.

Get a fucking grip of yourself you absolute child.

The football is as bad as Pearce, hahaha. Did you not see us under Mancini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.