Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having players out injured doesn't mean he has to play the footballing equivalent of hari kari because of it, he could have played three in midfield at the expense of a winger against Liverpool, he should have played Otimendi instead of the baby elephant running around looking for its mother, the list is endless.

Every team has injuries, Liverpool had 10 for fucks sake.
Arsenal have gone into double figures with injuries and the rags are having it tough

One thing that can't be used is the injury excuse.

Last edited:
In regards to Ancelotti, I'd be more than happy to take them should Pep not be available, he'd give us a great chance of success in Europe (although his domestic record is concerning - but then if he gets his tactics right, he could easily win us the PL I'd like to think.) And from what I've read in Spain - he was able to create harmony in the dressing room at Madrid which, when you take into account the egos at that club, is no mean feat. If he can bring harmony to our squad (not that it's particularly in meltdown currently) then that's already a big bonus when it comes to taking to the pitch on match day, surely?

Also, would anyone consider Conte should we not get Pep, his record with Juve was very impressive, although the Italian league isn't the most difficult.

So maybe if the fans got behind the players whoever they are we might not have gotten beat. Too much negativity at games I think.
0a3.jpg

It's too soon in this season to say. We could well end up winning everything domestically.

Much depends not on Pellegrini but on the injury situation. When City are at full strength and confident, we win games and Pellegrini becomes a great manager. When our best players are out, we struggle.

Most people think Pellegrini got his team selection wrong against Liverpool and I agree with that.

Is for example Mourinho a bad manager? You might not like him, but I think most people would accept he is a good coach. 12 months ago Klopp's team were in the relegation one in the Bunesliga. Now he's regarded as a Scouse messiah. Managers aren't all powerful

Based on the end of last season, I don't think City's owner is as hands on as someone like Abramovic.

I think most people expect Mourinho to come in, win something, crash & burn, which is pretty much what he's doing.

He is now going into unknown territory really. We don't know if Mourinho is a good manager or not from this point, as when things go wrong he's gone. It may be that if he gets his head down & cuts the shit, he is able to become a solid long term manager.

In Pellegrini's case, he has no track record of long term success either.

I think a decent manager will win stuff at City. It doesn't need to be Pellegrini.

A great manager will sign a couple of players in order to play a given system & win everything over time.

So maybe if the fans got behind the players whoever they are we might not have gotten beat. Too much negativity at games I think.

Jesus Christ man, get a hold of yourself

The fans were that poor for the opening 6 minutes that it made Mangala slice the ball into his own net?
Were we that poor that a matter of minutes later we get carved open in the middle again and mangala then decides to play offside on his own?

Honestly these guys are on the top dollar in the country and we, as paying fans, are to blame for them not showing up or performing,
How can you actually truly believe that ?

Having players out injured doesn't mean he has to play the footballing equivalent of hari kari because of it, he could have played three in midfield at the expense of a winger against Liverpool, he should have played Otimendi instead of the baby elephant running around looking for its mother, the list is endless.

Every team has injuries, Liverpool had 10 for fucks sake.
So if Liverpool had 10 injuries, why would you not set up to beat them? Why would you put an extra midfielder in? Everything, form wise suggested we would be able to beat them. We've scored more goals at home than anyone and they were not showing any signs of great form (and they had the 10 injuries!). It didn't pan out like that and in many ways it is why football captivates the people who watch it. It is not cold science but a dynamic thing that changes before our eyes. It can be momentum, a lucky bounce, a referees decision or a defensive cock up and it's why nothing is ever a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.