Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's too patient, by which I mean he relies on the quality of our players to shine through when we need it rather than having the passion to drive the right mentality into the players. Whether your shit or world class you still need motivating. I think that's where the absolute top managers excel and why I don't see us winning the CL under Pellers unless we get lucky. To do that we need a manager who won't have an issue with dropping/subbing players like Yaya if they're not looking arsed and whose passion will motivate the players and keep up their concentration and be wary of dropping their guard.

I want him to go.

I think he is the wrong man to be in charge of this club & we are much better than we appear to be. Last seaon marginal & benefit of the doubt due to ffp, but this season with new signings & a whole bunch of talented kids, we are immense imo & the boss has not managed us properly.

I've supported him for 2 seasons, now I've had enough. He's not as good as the club.

Would any sequence of results or amount of trophies change your mind? I don't mean to be disrespectful but I think some of the City fans have lost the plot.

Would any sequence of results or amount of trophies change your mind? I don't mean to be disrespectful but I think some of the City fans have lost the plot.
I think his post is fair and probably represents a bigger percentage of the fanbase than those who think he's doing a wonderful job.

Have we sunk to the level of the swampdwellers and the bin dippers?
Top four and we are calling for the managers head?
Even getting lost in translation, believing it was the managers call, for the defence to play like school kids who had never met before, and the midfield to play like they were reserving energy for the evening slammers showdown is not something I can do.
The forward line had out to lunch written all over it.
A few weeks ago Fernandinho played in one of the best games I have seen City produce without Sergio, and now it's the managers fault that he's played shit at Stoke ? And Brutus is an honourable man.
I could go on.
Moronic comments like "my nephew could do better" should be on other fan sites, not on here. Unless your nephew is Pep, or Jurgen and then you may have a point.but still only maybe........
I've watched some dross at City. Proper dross as well. Stand up Alan ball and frank Clarke. I remember when we brought new meaning to manager of the month. Do I want to see those days again?
More often than not, it's the players having little temper tantrums. If you want me to play as well as YesYes, pay me the same. Etcetra etcetra. But it's easier blaming the manager because whenever Rodney/ Gio / Sergio DOES turn it on, I want him to be playing for us, not another team.
Wasn't like simpler with Brian Horton and Barry Conlon? (Altogether now, BahRee!! BahRee!!)
Chris
SouthStandSnob

I heard from the commentary that they hadn't scored in either of the 2 other away games in the group. 10 minutes later, they had played right through us to score twice.

Mangala and Otamendi seemed to be having their own competition to see who could be the most rash and get caught out of position the most, which didn't help.

Put simply, our defending is nowhere near good enough for where we want to be.
How many times this year have we been able to play the preferred starting back four this year. More less, how many times in a row?

I want him to go.

I think he is the wrong man to be in charge of this club & we are much better than we appear to be. Last seaon marginal & benefit of the doubt due to ffp, but this season with new signings & a whole bunch of talented kids, we are immense imo & the boss has not managed us properly.

I've supported him for 2 seasons, now I've had enough. He's not as good as the club.
So, if he wins the quadruple you still want him out?

I have some news for all the Pellegrini haters who think when/if we win it's down to luck. You make your own luck.
Apparently not in this case. Apparently it was the team who made their own luck.....

http://www.squawka.com/news/raheem-sterling-toure-gave-inspiring-half-time-team-talk/542811

Raheem Sterling: Toure gave inspiring half-time team talk

Raheem Sterling has hailed team mate Yaya Toure’s rousing half-time team talk, inspiring Manchester City to turn their final Champions League group game around.

"There was definitely a great connection in the changing room with the team talk from Yaya [telling] the boys to dig deep if we needed to and that’s what happened and it’s a credit to the spirit in the camp,” Sterling said"

4687743.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.