Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a critic of Pellegrini this season, but I agree with your assessment 100%. We played ok first half and were excellent in the 2nd, and there was little else he could have done, bar shoot Howard and that useless c*nt of a referee
I don't think he was at fault for anything as such. He put out a team that was more than capable of winning the game and like you say, second half was very good in spells. At 0-0 though in a season where every point will be vital I'd have liked to see him be a bit more proactive with his subs. Especially since from 60 minutes it looked like everton were happy to sit back and soak up the pressure.

So, when we win, it is the players, but when we don't win, it is the bad coach? Very logical.

I don't think he contributes anywhere near as much as he should, apart from picking baffling teams and making/ not making subs that people really don't understand.

The reason he's a poor manager is because he doesn't do enough.

The talent of our players gets him out the shit a lot of the time but anyone with a footballing brain can see there's a distinct lack of tactics.

What the fuck are you on about?

Navas off instead of KDB and bring Kelechi on-whats fucking about understanding that?
So Bring in Kelechi and not Silva. Well, now that's an even better idea. Take out a player playing well, leave in a player having a bad game, but move him to the position he's played the poorest for us. Then leave your most creative player on the bench and bring in the young striker.

All very unreasonable. But what's to be expected here these days.

You struggle to read don't you. No, I said take out with yaya or Fernado and silva could have dropped into midfield and that would give us a 4-4-2.
It finished 0-0. That suggests what we were doing didn't work. Maybe my subs wouldn't have worked either but it'd have been proactive which when you're wanting to win the league is the least you should be.
And if they had gone ahead and scored because of your silly idea, and we lose the league by a point. At least you could always rest at night. You were being proactive afterall.

And if they had gone ahead and scored because of your silly idea, and we lose the league by a point. At least you could always rest at night. You were being proactive afterall.
We'll never know my friend.

We should have had a penalty, without question. However, we can't continue making excuses.

We were OK last night, but on the whole there have been too many poor performances. Everton are a decent team, but there is a reason they are where they are.

There is something missing - we are missing chances, and also aren't creating enough clear cut ones, but ultimately, the number of points we have dropped is quite disappointing, and the buck has to stop with the manager, at some points. He needs to get that extra level of performance from thE players, and he isn't.

We'll never know my friend.
He could have brought in Humphreys and taken out Aguero, and we could have gone on to win, but that wouldn't make it the right decision.

The right thing to do, doesn't always guarantee the right result. The momentum was decidedly on our side in the 2nd half. There was only one player having a poor game. He pulled said player with 20/minutes to go and inserted City's best creator. And we continued creating but didn't get lucky with our finishing or the ref.

Everything he did tonight was right. With the momentum we had, you make too many changes, and things could breakdown.

It would be something else if we simply weren't getting a sniff in there box, or we had multiple guys totally off. None of that was the case.

Complaints about his selections or substitutions are frankly baseless. It's why most never mention who they thought he should have pulled. Just that he should bring in Kelechi.

There is a reason for that. None of the proposals are frankly reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.