Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Alexandro Sabella - Strong Rumours, Do you fancy him?

oakiecokie said:
Well if they`re looking for a "stop gap" Manager why not try Paddy ??

Exactly. If this is true we must ask ourselves exactly what the fuck these 2 Spanish Clowns are doing to our club?

I started a thread on here in Feb 2013, about Ferran and Txiki being the problem and not the solution, and was wholly rounded upon as some kind of WUM. As a mark of respect for myself it will be getting bumped shortly. In short, I can't think of a single positive Berigistan has done for this club in over 3 years. If this is true, and Sabella is to be offered the job above Vieira, both untested (but I know which one makes sense) I will be mortified!

You really could not make it up. As for Ferran's performance, it's difficult to quantify as what can it be compared against and ultimately we FAILED FFP!

Just wish the pair of them would Fuck Off.

No!

If he is a 'stop gap', then it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard and up there with the worst managerial appoints City have made, and there's been a few

The idea of bringing a new manager in us surely to show the fans and players there is a long term plan and half-arsed performances won't be tolerated - if we only want this bloke for 1 year then we might as well keep Pelligrini

If we do get him and finish 6th, does anyone think Pep will come then?

It will be a disaterous appointment and, in my opinion, be the first manager sacked next season

Positive utd stories in the press...
Negative stories about city in the press...
Yep..... It's derby day week....
Nothing changes.

The solution is obvious. We do not need to replace MP or our top players.
and spend another £200m and fail FFP.

Think outside the box. We need to tweak our GK situation.
To wit @ Selhurst park, Crystal Palace scored 2 goals on 3 shots on target. Very poor % of saves by our GK.

As it is our opponents are sussed to our weakness. Parked the bus and score on the minimal chances that are afforded by our inability to stop or make the saves. Further making it more difficult for us to score by entrenching their parked bus.

Dribble said:
BobKowalski said:
halfcenturyup said:
I am not saying a single footballing identity isn't important. Just that one element of that identity, style of play, isn't cast in stone and changing it wouldn't be giving up on long term plans.

I'll accept basic tenets of attacking football if you can accept they can be applied in many different ways.

I don't think Soriano and Begiristain are imposing anything on the club. That would be quite ludicrous.

They aren't or at least we think they aren't. Txiki has said the first team coach can play whatever formation he wants. The only caveat is that a) he must be successful and b) it should be entertaining. Right now it is neither. The entertaining part has always been the goal as Gary Cook talked about it and how he wanted City to be the 'Harlem Globetrotters of football'. The City brand with City credit cards (and whatnot) and overseas clubs were also part of the Cook blueprint.

That said Ferran's latest missive where he talks about City not abandoning the high press/high line approach does seem to restrict any coach from having a totally free hand. I remember we discussed this early on in Peller's reign when there was a suspicion he was 'under orders' as we watched the defence get done by a simple long punt up the middle but Peller's did start to show signs of a more pragmatic approach when he shoved Garcia on to help protect a lead or played Sergio on his lonesome for some of the bigger matches. Peller's can be pragmatic its just that he doesn't seem to really want to do it that way and ever since the turn of the year when (imo) he knew he is off in the summer he has adopted a 'fuck it we are doing it my way' approach. Its not going well to be honest.
I've analysed every possible reason why MP would dogmatically stick to 442 when its obvious we've been found out. Its not too difficult to draw the conclusion as highlighted above, because the only other thing that would make sense is that he's lost the plot altogether. Either way, its City's fortunes that concern me and just like last weekend I fear we'll see the same 442 trotted out at Old Toilet on Sunday with a similar result to the one we suffered last Monday.

Someone needs to get a grip of MP & show him what everyone else can see before our season seriously turns into a CL qualifier/Europa League qualification only battle. How the fuck have we've allowed our season to come down to this beggars belief.

Heres my theory. A change to 4231 when the season is virtually over, if successful, would provoke an obvious question.

blueplan said:

To wit @ Selhurst park, Crystal Palace scored 2 goals on 3 shots on target. Very poor % of saves by our GK.

As it is our opponents are sussed to our weakness. Parked the bus and score on the minimal chances that are afforded by our inability to stop or make the saves. Further making it more difficult for us to score by entrenching their parked bus.

Why have you come out of the Joe Hart thread to make an arse of yourself

blueplan said:

Give it a fucking rest will you about our goalkeeper.

He is the least of our issues.

I find this end of season increasingly bizarre. We're rumoured to spend the most we've ever spent on new players this summer and then let a guy whose never managed in Europe, hardly won a thing, lead them as manager? Truely bizarre. I find it hard to believe its true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.