Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Alexandro Sabella - Strong Rumours, Do you fancy him?

If it meant bagging Messi this summer whilst Pep makes his fucking mind up then yes.

Other than that, not a fucking chance.

taleofbluehalves said:
I find this end of season increasingly bizarre. We're rumoured to spend the most we've ever spent on new players this summer and then let a guy whose never managed in Europe, hardly won a thing, lead them as manager? Truely bizarre. I find it hard to believe its true.
For the reasons you have stated it's far more likely to be fiction than fact. I suspect this is the usual 'agent making up stuff to try and get a better deal for his client' rubbish.

I can't understand all the fuss about Messi, people are complaining about the age(s) of our present team and yet Messi will be 28 in June so he will be slowing down if all the predictions about our lads being an 'old' team are correct.

As for a replacement for Mr Pellegrini, no thanks chopping and changing managers shouldn't be happening again. Keep him until his contract runs out.

We can kiss goodbye to champions league, maybe even fucking europa if we get this ****

If Pellegrini does go, and the rumours re Pep coming next summer are true, I'd love us to get Bielsa in for a season.

I don't think Sabella is a very good fit in relation to the aesthetically pleasing attacking football the club is looking to play.

Bielsa would bring back the speed and the fight that seems to have dropped out of the team lately.

With the resources we have and him in charge we'd probably be the best team to watch in Europe (at least until all the players get knackered).

Pep also calls him the best manager in the world and would probably revel in taking over a side already instilled with the Bielsa philosophy.

As promised the link to this mornings show.

Start at either 1:46:45 for the start of the conversation about Pellegrini or at 1:48:25 specifically for the Sabella conversation.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05pl7q9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05pl7q9</a>

It seems quite informed and not a WUM.....

BigJoe#1 said:
As promised the link to this mornings show.

Start at either 1:46:45 for the start of the conversation about Pellegrini or at 1:48:25 specifically for the Sabella conversation.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05pl7q9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05pl7q9</a>

It seems quite informed and not a WUM.....

I said the other day, I suspect we're talking to various candidates. The reason we're hearing about the Sabella and Ancelotti links in particular is IMO because they are both trying to get better contracts out of someone else.

I'd personally be very very surprised if City decided to sack Pellegrini to employ Sabella. It would mean that everyone in Abu Dhabi as well as everyone at the club in Manchester, would have a lot of faith in him. I guess with the fact that Sabella worked for Sheikh Mansour's brother the idea of him coming isn't as crazy as it initially sounded though.

JamesTenOne said:
If Pellegrini does go, and the rumours re Pep coming next summer are true, I'd love us to get Bielsa in for a season.

I don't think Sabella is a very good fit in relation to the aesthetically pleasing attacking football the club is looking to play.

Bielsa would bring back the speed and the fight that seems to have dropped out of the team lately.

With the resources we have and him in charge we'd probably be the best team to watch in Europe (at least until all the players get knackered).

Pep also calls him the best manager in the world and would probably revel in taking over a side already instilled with the Bielsa philosophy.

Then Txiki wouldnt pick him. Its quite clear that he only picks someone if that manager has the needed style thats very compatible with the way we want to do it...

Of course if we are looking for an interim manager strictly for one season to hope Pep would come next summer, well not many European top managers would want to come here to be the interim. Even some youngers like Koeman/Pochettino, they wouldnt come for one season...

But someone like Sabella might fancy it to give it a go, one year, great wages, great squad of course his lack of European experience could hurt us.

Trouble is imo we could keep Pelle too for one more season instead of bringing in a strictly interim manager. But stepping into last year of contract for Pelle in uncomfortable. Also for the players especially now when lot of new players coming in and will want to settle, its not good i its with a manager that 100% will be going (Pelle) or only an interim who again 100% will be leaving.

Imo we should bring in someone that already has his say with Txiki about transfer targets and have time (2-3) years to build the squad/team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.