Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
The sooner guardiola signs a contract extension at Bayern the better. Once he has done so this courtship of a manager who may never come can be put to bed and we can start to build the foundations of something long term.
I wanted Mancini to be our Ferguson or Wenger who could lead us to great things year after year but it wasn't to be. The next manager surely has to be someone for the long term who can build the team and turn us into what the sheikh wants which is serial winners. There's an interesting book written about us called richer than God. It explains that the sheikh wants us to be an example of Abu Dhabi and an advert for the country. At this point in time the advert isn't a good one and he will surely address this.

ONTHERUNWITHTHAKSIN said:
bobmcfc said:
So are we mostly in agreement that we want Klopp then ?

I'd say the majority would and the majority don't want us wasting any more time waiting for Pep.

Klopp may well be the long term solution in the end. We risk waiting around for a guy that might never come and where does that leave the club and team ? We must live in the here and now !

bobmcfc said:
bobmcfc said:

I'd say the majority would and the majority don't want us wasting any more time waiting for Pep.

Klopp may well be the long term solution in the end. We risk waiting around for a guy that might never come and where does that leave the club and team ? We must live in the here and now !

Challenging for trophies much like Chelsea did.

bobmcfc said:
bobmcfc said:

Not to mention the expectation and pressure on Pep would be disgusting.

Damocles said:
depps said:
Damocles said:
There's no way we'd turn down a definite for a possible. Either we have Guardiola's signature somewhere or we're in for Klopp and briefing against it

I hope to god you are right because otherwise this could be the biggest mistake made by the club since the takeover.

If Pep isn't 100% nailed on then we have to at least be considering Klopp... even if Pep is 100% nailed on we should still be considering Klopp

Despite what people think on here at times, Txiki Begiristain is an accomplished and successful football executive with a great CV full of excellent and long reaching decisions that help turn Barcelona into the greatest team ever.

He's not a moustache twirling villain here to "purposely destabilize us" nor is he "a fucking moron". He'll be onto Klopp no matter what Sky Sources say. He interviewed Mourinho for Barcelona despite briefing the press that they have no interest in him at all. In fact he once claimed that we had no interest at all in Neymar despite seen seen at a Brazilian game and talking to Neymar's Dad. He's the Iraqi Information Minister when it comes to dealing with the press and the Press Office will be outright denying everything until some contact is made.

There's absolutely no chance at all that we don't interview Klopp unless he rejects us out of hand. Zero. It would be foolish not to hear him out even if our minds are already made up and it's not the way that Begiristain operates.

I'm suitably reassured!

blueparrot said:
robbieh said:
This is just absurd.

Guardiola if he ever does come will be here 3 years at most before he decides to do something else, maybe not even football related.
I don't want to be Barca MkII. See what happens to the real one when Messi hangs up his boots.

In addittion La Masia the Barca academy was set up way before Ferran and Txiki got involved with the club so can take no credit for Iniesta, Xavi, Messi et al.

Txiki bought Ronaldinho which was inspired granted but made lots of seriously bad purchases and Barca have done pretty wel with out our dynamic duo and for that matter Guardiola too.

After Barca Soriano, busines wonderboy took over Spanair. result...banruptcy.

Putting total faith in these guys is crazy.

So in your opinion Sheik Mansour, his advisors and Khaldoun are crazy?

Well it's probably fair to say that plenty on here know more about football than Mansour and Khaldoun. Mansour is a hereditary monarch who may or may not be astute. Think Prince Andrew. Or Charles for that matter.

Khaldoon does seem to be a very astute man but he may have made a mistake in hiring the two Spaniards. Not saying he has but I think far too many on here give them to much credit for what happened at Barca. For me a certain Lionel Messi has had a far greater impact. Not to mention the last two Presidents of the club. Ferran was just an accountant for god's sake who got it badly wrong in his last job. And Txiki swapped Eto'o for Ibra plus shedloads of cash. Eto'o won the CL with Inter and Ibra lasted one year at Barca. Good maybe, infallible no.

Time will tell.

depps said:
Damocles said:
depps said:
I hope to god you are right because otherwise this could be the biggest mistake made by the club since the takeover.

If Pep isn't 100% nailed on then we have to at least be considering Klopp... even if Pep is 100% nailed on we should still be considering Klopp

Despite what people think on here at times, Txiki Begiristain is an accomplished and successful football executive with a great CV full of excellent and long reaching decisions that help turn Barcelona into the greatest team ever.

He's not a moustache twirling villain here to "purposely destabilize us" nor is he "a fucking moron". He'll be onto Klopp no matter what Sky Sources say. He interviewed Mourinho for Barcelona despite briefing the press that they have no interest in him at all. In fact he once claimed that we had no interest at all in Neymar despite seen seen at a Brazilian game and talking to Neymar's Dad. He's the Iraqi Information Minister when it comes to dealing with the press and the Press Office will be outright denying everything until some contact is made.

There's absolutely no chance at all that we don't interview Klopp unless he rejects us out of hand. Zero. It would be foolish not to hear him out even if our minds are already made up and it's not the way that Begiristain operates.

I'm suitably reassured!

So he's Comical Ali then -it ended badly for him.

bobmcfc said:
bobmcfc said:

I totally agree and it may also be the Spanish duos last throw of the dice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.