Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Damocles said:
BenLlewellyn said:
Just because it seems like the club aren't interested, doesn't mean the door is completely shut...

Manchester City have dismissed reports circulating in Spain and Chile that Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini has verbally agreed to become their next manager.
Although club sources described it as ‘wild speculation’, Roberto Mancini is sure to be quizzed about it at his weekly press conference on Friday morning.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2282510/Manchester-City-deny-appointing-Manuel-Pelligrini-replace-Roberto-Mancini.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ncini.html</a>

"I categorically deny that I am the new Manchester City coach.

- Manuel Pellegrini, May 2013

"I am delighted to accept this hugely exciting opportunity [to be the new Manchester City coach]"

- Manuel Pellegrini, Jun 2013

We have history of denying managerial reports.

The media will have knew the most likely destination for Klopp is City so the first phone calls they made today would have been to us, what do we expect our PR team to say? Pellegrini is a goner and Klopp is our man?

Re: Klopp to City?

EpicMaineBro said:
Ray78 said:
EpicMaineBro said:
Goes without saying the passion should come from us supporters but it would be nice to see someone animated on the touch line and seems to give a shit about what's going on on the pitch rather than sat there looking like he's got an itchy arse after taking a dump.

You think Pellegrini doesn't give a shit?

I would hope so but a bit of visible 'passion' on the touch line or in interviews would be nice - rather than the softly softly approach.

He's South American it's almost customary it's a pity our players don't have the stomach for a fight. Besides if he didn't have any managerial ability then he wouldn't of lasted long in his career.

sam-caddick said:
Damocles said:
BenLlewellyn said:
Just because it seems like the club aren't interested, doesn't mean the door is completely shut...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2282510/Manchester-City-deny-appointing-Manuel-Pelligrini-replace-Roberto-Mancini.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ncini.html</a>

"I categorically deny that I am the new Manchester City coach.

- Manuel Pellegrini, May 2013

"I am delighted to accept this hugely exciting opportunity [to be the new Manchester City coach]"

- Manuel Pellegrini, Jun 2013

We have history of denying managerial reports.

The media will have knew the most likely destination for Klopp is City so the first phone calls they made today would have been to us, what do we expect our PR team to say? Pellegrini is a goner and Klopp is our man?

You can deny it until you are told you have the job and even then deny it until you step in the stadium and not tell a porky I suppose.

Klopp has been thinking about leaving Dortmund for sometime , his family have known this , his employers have known about this and many others except Honigstein it seems as he is a bit pissed off that he got it wrong when asked not so long ago whether he would see out his contract.

Seriously once we decided to explore options for replacement for MP and my own view history will show that was even well before the Barcelona tie Klopp was/is being looked at as all coaches are.

As Damo said its part of the process its what clubs do all the time even in the good times it foolish to think otherwise.

FanchesterCity said:
leech said:
sam-caddick said:
He said the next club he will manage has to be in a country that he can speak the language otherwise he can't coach is ideas.

For now that leaves out Spain.
You think he'd turn down Barcelona or Real Madrid?

Real Madrid's not for everybody, It's always been a viper's nest there. Barca less so.
He strikes me as one who doesn't like the politics. So I could see how Real wouldn't appeal to him.
We are still a very exciting club, even if enduring a mild hiccup (from the outside, that's all it really is... hit by FFP and knocked down to fourth for a season)
May be the case if we were interested in Klopp, but all the signs point to us insisting on waiting for Pep, and there's no other vacancies in England at this moment with Klopp saying that he doesn't intend to take a break... he's previously spoken of the importance of timing in taking new jobs, so if only Spanish clubs were available, the two biggest clubs in the world no less, realistically why would he become one of the only people in history to pass up the chance?

Klopp has a DfB Pokal semi final against Bayern to think about. If that goes tits up then they aren't that far from a Europa League place (which might not sound ambitious for a club like Dortmund but it keeps them in the co efficient points). He may of announced he is leaving the club but he isn't going to let on his final destination. Same with us.

I just recieved a recording of the sky studio audio from earlier on. Might shed some light on the identity of those mysterious 'Sky Sports sources'

"Hello, sky sports?"

"Ullo, This is an anonymous phonecall about what will happen at Manchester Ceetie'

"Oh hello Mr Pellegrini"

"NO! It's not your Mr Pellegrini! It's Mr..... Kelly Greeny."

("Who's that on the phone?"

"It's Manuel Pellegrini doing a strange voice")

"I can tell you that I won't.... Pellegrini won't be sacked by Manchester Ceetie. Klopp, no. We're not interested. Pellegrini stays, even if I have to hide in the toilets this summer.... Even if he has to hide in the toilets this summer. Just forget that bit. I stay."

carlosthejackal said:
Klopp ain't a yes man and that's what the two amigos want, so I doubt he will be showing up any time soon

Pep isn't a yes-man either!

Just reading the Mirror site and McDonnell has a different spin. A more exciting one, but probably bollocks. He says City want Pep to resign and join THIS summer, and if he doesn't they could turn to Klopp and Ancelotti. I like that scenario but the idea of Pep quitting Bayern for us this summer seems almost as farfetched as our chances of winning the league now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.