Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
I think klopp is the best fit for our current situation, the squad and club have gone stale this season.

I would like to see a manager stay gor 5-6 seasons and really build something, intergrate the academy players etc, i dont think Ancellotti really fits that bill, he takes over good squads with star names, stays 2 seasons then sods off.

Those questioning klopps record should remember that dortmund are skint, competing in the same league as one of the richest clubs in the world. They have sold there best players to there direct rivals. How would we get on if we sold aguero and silva to chelsea and replaced them with the likes of berahino and lallana?

klopp also has an engaging, if unconventional personality and would lift the whole club, Pellers may be a nice bloke but hes dull as dishwater and doesn't inspire the fans or players anymore

The-Dogs-Pollocks said:
I think klopp is the best fit for our current situation, the squad and club have gone stale this season.

I would like to see a manager stay gor 5-6 seasons and really build something, intergrate the academy players etc, i dont think Ancellotti really fits that bill, he takes over good squads with star names, stays 2 seasons then sods off.

Those questioning klopps record should remember that dortmund are skint, competing in the same league as one of the richest clubs in the world. They have sold there best players to there direct rivals. How would we get on if we sold aguero and silva to chelsea and replaced them with the likes of berahino and lallana?

klopp also has an engaging, if unconventional personality and would lift the whole club, Pellers may be a nice bloke but hes dull as dishwater and doesn't inspire the fans or players anymore
yep, but thats the question....

or...

1) we get some world class champions league winner manager, or...

2) we set to search former manager, who wants rather to move some young academy players in the first squad and give the team some football philosophie...

so, if wa want the alternative 2, why to sack the one, pellegrini, whos already there????

i dont get it... your point then.... because, for me, klopp is the same thing as pelle came to city. no way better, never.

Would be sad to see Pellers go especially after last season. But he does seem to have lost the dressing room with the way results have gone in 2015.

Klopp would instill some much need character back in the squad and imo would be an upgrade on Pellers due to what he has done elsewhere and also his age.

He could be here for a number of years, just hope the current exec are willing to take the risk of us going through transition over the next couple of seasons.

I firmly believe that even through this transition he would still be delivering top 4 to us.

Universidad de Chile said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:

or...

2) we set to search former manager, who wants rather to move some young academy players in the first squad and give the team some football philosophie...

so, if wa want the alternative 2, why to sack the one, pellegrini, whos already there????

i dont get it... your point then.... because, for me, klopp is the same thing as pelle came to city. no way better, never.

Except pellergrini hasn't done any of 2 and klopp has won more and plays better football as well as getting more out of players as far as I can see.

Universidad de Chile said:
The-Dogs-Pollocks said:

or...

I appreciate from your username that you might be a tad biased towards Pellegrini and rightly so, there's nothing wrong with that. The problem is what we're being served up on the pitch at the moment, and indeed for the majority of the season, isn't anywhere near good enough. We look like a shadow of ourselves with players playing within themselves and not looking like they want to fight for MP. Of course those players should be questioned, hopefully they will be sent packing in the summer and the new players coming in will reinvigorate the club.
My worry of his management goes deeper though. I can't grasp how a team who have all the ability in the world fail week after week to get the basic fundamentals of the game right. Set pieces are such a huge part of the game, especially for a team like ours who spend so much time in the opposition half, and yet every game our corners are wasted, our free kicks look like they're made up on the spot with no thought going into them and yet every one we concede is heart in mouth time as it looks like we'll concede.
Throw ins, when we have them we have no runners, nobody making much effort to create space, just 2/3 players ambling about disinterested before the throw is put up the line and possesion invariably lost. It happens time and time again for it to be unlucky, it's poor in game management.
The rest of his supposed deficiencies have been commented on enough so there's no point repeating them, but for me it's more to do with the basics that concern me.

Until the mentality and attitude of this team changes then I don't think it matters who manages us.

Next season for me is one that will involve a big spend and a clearout. I cant see us challenging for the league next season as it will take time for a new manager to impose his style and new players to settle in.

I like the idea of Klopp though as he does have a good record. Even better if he brings Reus with him.

Honningstein on Five Live says Klopp has told him he needs to work where he has a good grasp of the language so its really only England for him Laughingly he says that in his view (Honningstein) he needs to be somewhere that the passion is similar to Dortmund where theres 80K mad fans and hed be better suited to the rags or the Liverpool than City. Thinks hes one of the best in the world for his motivational skills Feels that City have Paddy lined up to move up at some point

McfcMK said:
Glad to hear that Di Marzio has said we're still in for him. The prospect of him managing us really excites me, even if he isn't at the level of Pep or, arguable, Ancelotti. Could you imagine Klopp and Uwe as our management? Probably the most likable pair out there.

If the choice is Klopp now or fanny around optimistically waiting on an unwritten promise from Pep, then I'd take Klopp all day long. In fact I think we'd be insane to pass up the opportunity to hire Klopp, full stop. Unfortunately we've got Txixi doing the hiring and firing, and I fully expect us to limp along with Pellers or an interim, only to then get blown out by Guardiola anyway.

I know Dortmund have lost a few players over the past couple of seasons but this place would be in meltdown if we were half way in the league with less than half the points of Chelsea. The German league is overall nowhere near as strong as the Premier League so to me Klopp's performance this year is totally unacceptable. He had a fantastic period at Dortmund with a team of young players and we saw them at their best against City. It may be that he will never be able to replicate this in his career.

We apparently want Guardiola and we have a good relationship with him. If he says to City that he is coming to us in a year's time then he will do that and we should wait. We have already had 3 managers since the Sheikh took over and we need to be very certain we are getting the person we want.

kramer said:
Honningstein on Five Live says Klopp has told him he needs to work where he has a good grasp of the language so its really only England for him Laughingly he says that in his view (Honningstein) he needs to be somewhere that the passion is similar to Dortmund where theres 80K mad fans and hed be better suited to the rags or the Liverpool than City. Thinks hes one of the best in the world for his motivational skills Feels that City have Paddy lined up to move up at some point

First post and all that so quick hell *waves*. Rafael Hoginstein is close friends with Klopp I believe and being honest I wouldn't reading too much into the passion quote. Must be remembered we will have 60k fans in our stadium by the beginning of next season, box one ticked.

We have a brand new academy across the road, something Klopp is well known for producing graduates with BVB. Box two ticked.

He is also only 47 and has the potential to create a legacy as he wishes and no doubt as Abu Dhabi will wish. Box three ticked.

Finally he is available unlike when he turned us down when Txiki first came in. Box four.

The only question about all this I truly believe is whether the club will go ahead and sack Pellegrini which I don't think they will. You look when Mancini was going, all major news outlets were aware despite this City did in fact deny the rumours. Mancini was never wanted by City's new regime.

Pellegrini was appointed by the current regime of Txiki and Soriano. No major news outlets are reporting he is off this summer, they are all saying the club will stand by Pellegrini. Ok yes City are briefing them also I understand that but really the only rumours about Pellegrini going are coming from Tolmie or people working with Sky Italia.

I do hope he is sacked by the way and we see Klopp in charge. Not Pep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.