Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
sam-caddick said:
Ray78 said:
sam-caddick said:
I think it would take him 12 - 18 months to get his ideas across and a team that plays his way but I do think he is a better fit than Ancelotti, who for me is a manager like Mourinho that needs an established ready to challenge team to to thrive, I am not convinced he is the right manager to overhaul an ageing team and build a new vibrant young team that also takes the academy into consideration.

Klopp's proven with young players and will blood the academy lads without second thought, long term I think that's what City want.

The likes of Lopes, Angelino and Barker would thrive under Klopp and his philosophy.

He has a similar record in Pellegrini in bringing in youth players directly from the academy. The likes of Reus (admittedly he wasn't in charge when he was originally left their Academy), Hummels, Subotic were bought from other clubs ,Only Gotze and Sahin you would class as a pure youth team products.

Even bringing two through is an achievement, he developed Sahin into a player that won the best player in the Bundesliga I think and it resulted in him going on to becoming a Real Madrid player.

He helped develop Gotze into a world beater a very young age.

Even if we brought two through I would be buzzing.

His signings of the likes of Gundogan, Hummels, Kagawa, Lewandowski, the promotion of Schmelzer from Dortmund's second team etc.. all weren't seen as world beaters and he helped develop them into very good players, some world class.

I just think he has a better record of developing a new younger team than the likes of Ancelotti for example, who for me is a great manager but just not right for us at this moment in time.

Handling egos is another problem and I am unsure Klopp can. Ancelotti has proven he can. We aren't planning on complete change.

Ray78 said:
sam-caddick said:
Ray78 said:
He has a similar record in Pellegrini in bringing in youth players directly from the academy. The likes of Reus (admittedly he wasn't in charge when he was originally left their Academy), Hummels, Subotic were bought from other clubs ,Only Gotze and Sahin you would class as a pure youth team products.

Even bringing two through is an achievement, he developed Sahin into a player that won the best player in the Bundesliga I think and it resulted in him going on to becoming a Real Madrid player.

His signings of the likes of Gundogan, Hummels, Kagawa, Lewandowski, the promotion of Schmelzer from Dortmund's second team etc.. all weren't seen as world beaters and he helped develop them into very good players, some world class.

I just think he has a better record of developing a new younger team than the likes of Ancelotti for example, who for me is a great manager but just not right for us at this moment in time.

Handling egos is another problem and I am unsure Klopp can.

That's going to be the big question over his head if he moves to a club who has a load of ego's like a Madrid, Bayern, Barca, United, City etc etc..., granted.

He looks a world class man manager with Dortmund though, and even as a fan looking in listening to him he comes across as a very likeable bloke.

I am sure a lot of egos were developed during Dortmund's recent success though, it would have been inevitable.

sam-caddick said:
Ray78 said:
sam-caddick said:

That's going to be the big question over his head if he moves to a club who has a load of ego's like a Madrid, Bayern, Barca, United, City etc etc..., granted.

He looks a world class man manager with Dortmund though, and even as a fan looking in listening to him he comes across as a very likeable bloke.

I am sure a lot of egos were developed during Dortmund's recent success though, it would have been inevitable.

We are having a shit season and our Champions League status is far from certain but Dortmund are currently mid table (after them being in a relegation scrap a couple of months ago). That is a hardly a ringing endorsement for a club who is looking to join the top table either. His last title win was in 2011-12 and he finished 25 points off Bayern Munich in 2012-13 and 19 points in the last campaign.

Ray78 said:
sam-caddick said:
Ray78 said:

We are having a shit season and our Champions League status is far from certain but Dortmund are currently mid table (after them being in a relegation scrap a couple of months ago). That is a hardly a ringing endorsement for a club who is looking to join the top table either. His last title win was in 2011-12 and he finished 25 points off Bayern Munich in 2012-13 and 19 points in the last campaign.

To be fair, this is like suggesting Falkirk are shit because they finished 25 off of Celtic.

It's a one horse league. Bayern are financially dominant and Dortmund can't keep their players.

Ray78 said:
sam-caddick said:
Ray78 said:

We are having a shit season and our Champions League status is far from certain but Dortmund are currently mid table (after them being in a relegation scrap a couple of months ago). That is a hardly a ringing endorsement for a club who is looking to join the top table either.

I see your pessimism but teams and managers do have bad seasons, Dortmund's recruitment and shocking injuries have not helped them at all this season.

For what Klopp has done with Dortmund is remarkable either way considering their resources and he will have top suitors regardless of what has happened this season.

I wouldn't mind Klopp, I would take him over Ancelotti, but I am not writing off Pep calling it a day if Bayern get knocked out of the CL next week.

Sabella is another manager I admire.

Damocles said:
Ray78 said:
sam-caddick said:

To be fair, this is like suggesting Falkirk are shit because they finished 25 off of Celtic.

It's a one horse league. Bayern are financially dominant and Dortmund can't keep their players.

You expect them to be a little closer. Fuck knows how far we going to finish off the winners but the gap isn't going to be that steep.

Damocles said:
Ray78 said:
sam-caddick said:

Indeed. If someone came and took Silva and Aguero from us, we'd suffer badly too.

Pellegrini had worked in a situation where Malaga's owner through his toys out the pram and stopped all investment and no one got paid. They still ended up in a European place (even though they were kicked out because of their owners actions).

FanchesterCity said:
Damocles said:
Ray78 said:

Indeed. If someone came and took Silva and Aguero from us, we'd suffer badly too.

I agree.

Many blame Dortmund's recruitment of the players replacing their stars and to some extent rightly so, but they have sold two 40m-50m players in Gotze and Lewandowski and replaced them with two 15-20m players in Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Ciro Immobile.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for and Dortmund haven't got 40m to spend on a player, they have to rely on their scouting system for that and find them before they go on to become 40m worth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.