Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Ancelotti to City??

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
117 M34 said:
Will probably give us a better chance in Europe but not a good record of winning the league so I would prefer someone else.

Does he have a preferred formation / style?

4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

at real yes, but I think his favourite formation is the diamond (4312) - with Milan and also used with chelsea. he has also played a christmas tree formation (4321)

so i think he is quite flexible on that account

edit: i think the common denominator in all his formations is a back 4 and at least three centrally operating midfielders

I dont think its true.

But I think Real will get rid of him if he doesnt win anything. Can see them finish 2nd/3rd in La Liga and sent packing already by Atletico in CL. Even tho Real squad is so much stronger than ours. They have Kroos, Modric, Bale, CR, on top of Isco, James Rodriguez.
Navas, Nasri, Milner wouldnt get close to that team...
Silva on top form maybe...

His CL pedigree is fantastic tho and we lack a lot in that competition.

I just dont see Txiki wanting to get rid of Pellgrini so much that he gives up his dream about Pep for next summer.

Few days ago Pelle said this isnt the club that fires the manager after one bad season. We will see.

But to be fair dont see much reason in probably spending over 150m in the summer with a manager that is 100% leaving end of season in 2016 summer. He wont really build that team, just start doing something. What will be his last year in contract? If he wins anything great but gets no contract if he wins fuck all then again he gets no contract.
Very uncomfortable situation imo.

And on top of that we still have a small chance to win the PL or finish 5th. Quite different scenarios on both side of the scale that could immediately change the manager's future maybe in one way or another.

bluechampion7891 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
117 M34 said:
Will probably give us a better chance in Europe but not a good record of winning the league so I would prefer someone else.

Does he have a preferred formation / style?

4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

at real yes, but I think his favourite formation is the diamond (4312) - with Milan and also used with chelsea. he has also played a christmas tree formation (4321)

so i think he is quite flexible on that account
Yes he likes the 4-4-2 diamond & that worked nicely for Real before they lost both Modric and James.

Its amazing how easy the job of an agent is nowadays dont you think.

His league title record is shocking in comparison to his Champions League record, he even lost the title to Montpellier in his first season at PSG despite spending a lot of money, albeit not having the likes of Zlatan and Silva which her had the season after.

Real Madrid were only a couple of minutes away from losing the Champions League last season, had Ramos' header been an inch wider it would have been Atleti's title, fine margins indeed.

What I think he will offer which will be vital to us is being able to attract the big names for the rebuild starting in the summer.

cibaman said:
Can't be right, City would never let something like this get into the public domain.

I will not believe it until Begiristain has been spotted in a cafe with his agent.

City Watch @ city_watch 7m ago

Begristain spotted in greasy spoon cafe at the approach to Piccadilly Train Station with Ancelotti's agent .... {quote}

Daz_Blue said:
cibaman said:
Can't be right, City would never let something like this get into the public domain.

I will not believe it until Begiristain has been spotted in a cafe with his agent.

City Watch @ city_watch 7m ago

Begristain spotted in greasy spoon cafe at the approach to Piccadilly Train Station with Ancelotti's agent .... {quote}

who else does that agent represent? just curious if we really are after ancelotti or if its a player we're looking at

Madrid sack managers after they've won La Liga. Pellegrini signed iconic players and broke records but he still got the push. I think he'll go by mutual consent at the end of the season and I'd be happy with his arrival. I vividly recall his Chelsea team scoring goals for fun. However, I'm concerned he's had no longevity anywhere since leaving Milan.

Shock horror press do there best to unsettle the team in run in for top 4 by leaking unsubstantial reports. Least it's better than what the press did to Mancini on eve of FA cup

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.