Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Mister Appointment said:
Silva_Spell said:
Mister Appointment said:
Us or Arsenal. He's already said his next job will 100% be in the premier league, because it's the only other language he speaks well enough to make the move and get his ideas across. I'd be stunned if Wenger stepped aside this summer for Klopp, but you never know they might react to this news and to us wanting him.

Hence we need to get it done sharpish. That is if it isn't already which frankly, part of me thinks, it is.

After their recent form I reckon Whinger will want a shot at the title next year

Arsenal already distancing themselves from any links to him.

Scarily all roads seemingly lead to City this summer. Begins to explain the sudden surge in links to German based players too. I don't want to get too excited because I've wanted Klopp of years now, but fuck me it's hard not to with the way the cards seem to be falling.

I'm generally a bit of a softy and like to be blindly ignorant to this kind of thing. With Hughes I was even angry at the manner in which he was sacked (whilst still on the touchline), with Mancini I was appalled as he was such an iconic manager for most fans... this time though I think it makes so much sense. Pellegrini did brilliantly last season but it's been a poor season. Give him another year and we risk becoming to dependent on this 4-2-2-2 formation which we just can't pull off without serious investment. To then change the formation again would require another outlay in the market and more disruption. It's time to re-build completely.

I wanted Klopp and I thought he would leave in the summer - he's an honourable man and he's done the right thing by Dortmund. He's the perfect fit and I would be over the moon if we signed him up. Arsenal will stick with Wenger. I can't see him going after the season they've had (though it's all a bit too little too late). Loyalty, honour and a bit of eccentricity? It all points to City being the perfect fit!

Marvin said:
allan harper said:
Could be a first, majority of the forum all wanting the same man?

I'm waiting for "I'm not going to MCFC" ;-)

It's a funny old game. Perked me up no end, but a little bit wary he might go elsewhere. He wont be short of offers, and it was always likely he was going to leave Dortmund this year.

Other thing to consider is that one of Barca or Real Madrid might lose their manager..........whoever finishes 2nd.

Me too. IF it's him, I'm excited. I never was about Pellers. Maybe I felt a bit sad for how Mancini went, and I've never not backed a manager, but I can remember when they announced Pellers, and did that interview in some nice sunny resort, I wasn't excited like now.

flb said:
Damocles said:
flb said:
What does that mean "Get to work C*nt?"

Will do for me-beats holistic all day long!

It's a German art term that he often used to describe his teams and his role as a manager. It talks about how every part should work together as a whole to benefit that whole, and that individualism as a property cannot work.

So basically it's a German art word that means something very similar to what holistic approach means.

I will settle for that if he brings his Dortmund style of play over the water, the Dortmund game at the Etihad completely blew me away-best team ive seen turn up at city since Arsenal dicked us i think 6-0 at home once.

Agreed I was left open mouthed that night they blew us apart best team I've seen at ours for a long time

Damocles said:
allan harper said:

It's because this guy is the real deal. All the criticisms about Pepe can't be laid at his door. All the positives about Pep can be assigned to Klopp too.

He fits our holistic model perfectly. He can use average players and make them world class. His attitude towards youth is fantastic and he is brave in integrating them. He is brilliant for our PR/media image. He has an incredible relationship with the Dortmund fans and the Mainz fans before that. He's a young manager who understands the idea of working in cycles of improvement. He's probably the most polished manager tactically that City would ever have had.

This guy is the one, we should throw everything at trying to get him here. Chelsea are out of running as they won't dump Mou, Liverpool are nowhere near us as an attractive prospect, United have the Dutch Grenade and they'll back him because they're morons who are living in the past in footballing terms, Arsenal have Wenger and unless he personally steps aside which you wouldn't think a man like him will do then they're out of the running.

That just leaves us. A team with large wealth who players won't get sold to other clubs to make ends meet, who have a quality squad yet needs an injection of energy, working with some of the best executive staff in the world at some of the best facilities in the world.

This is a big deal for us. He's the man we need and if he's deadset on coming to the Premier League then we should be pushing the boat, yacht, submarine, airplane, aircraft carrier, Land Rover and International Space Station out to be getting him. He is the perfect fit for everything we are trying to achieve. Absolutely perfect.

You can tell how big of a deal this is for us in that all of the rival forums are legitimately annoyed and/or frightened at the prospect of Klopp at City.
Worth the change just for this ;)

Damocles said:
allan harper said:

It's because this guy is the real deal. All the criticisms about Pepe can't be laid at his door. All the positives about Pep can be assigned to Klopp too.

He fits our holistic model perfectly. He can use average players and make them world class. His attitude towards youth is fantastic and he is brave in integrating them. He is brilliant for our PR/media image. He has an incredible relationship with the Dortmund fans and the Mainz fans before that. He's a young manager who understands the idea of working in cycles of improvement. He's probably the most polished manager tactically that City would ever have had.

This guy is the one, we should throw everything at trying to get him here. Chelsea are out of running as they won't dump Mou, Liverpool are nowhere near us as an attractive prospect, United have the Dutch Grenade and they'll back him because they're morons who are living in the past in footballing terms, Arsenal have Wenger and unless he personally steps aside which you wouldn't think a man like him will do then they're out of the running.

That just leaves us. A team with large wealth who players won't get sold to other clubs to make ends meet, who have a quality squad yet needs an injection of energy, working with some of the best executive staff in the world at some of the best facilities in the world.

This is a big deal for us. He's the man we need and if he's deadset on coming to the Premier League then we should be pushing the boat, yacht, submarine, airplane, aircraft carrier, Land Rover and International Space Station out to be getting him. He is the perfect fit for everything we are trying to achieve. Absolutely perfect.

You can tell how big of a deal this is for us in that all of the rival forums are legitimately annoyed and/or frightened at the prospect of Klopp at City.

Great post.

Ah, from the depths of despair to immense excitement without even a whiff of confirmation, only City can do that to you.

I will now be gutted if we haven't announced this before West Ham though!

Mister Appointment said:
Damocles said:
allan harper said:

I haven't felt like this since we signed Kun.

I'll be gutted if we don't get him now when all of the stars are aligning so perfectly.

Exciting times, very exciting. Like a kid at Xmas mate

giphy.gif

bluemoon98 said:
LoveCity said:
Playing devil's advocate here, but a lot of Dortmund fans have complained about Klopp having one way and one way only, while the likes of Favre and Schmidt have shown more versatility and their teams sit well above Dortmund.

But... who can't get excited about the idea of Klopp going mental on the touchline and creating a more energetic team? It'd be an entertaining ride whatever happened.

LbMEq.gif

giphy.gif

post-27860-Borussia-dortmund-manager-jurg-Fjzb.gif

i love that when he is confronting the 4th official. Might sound stupid but it might improve the feel of the ground and the atmosphere if he is showing abit of passion and fight and encouraging us to get behind the team. Sounds so good want him to join D:
That last gif alone has me sold on the bloke, if he starts doing that on the sidelines 60000 of us will be right behind him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.