Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
We spent £49m net this season alone. Which is exactly what we were capped to by UEFA.

It's literally in the first post of the thread.

Fixed.

This Txiki needs to get it so right regarding incoming transfers its unreal.

And the bad thing is if we really looking to sign 5-6 new players, expensive ones maybe, 1-2 of them will be flops nearly anyway...
1-2 of them wont have first great season or just wonthit the ground running. If they are important first team players we might be in trouble...

There is no way we bring in 3-4 first team players, 1-2 squad players, and all of them hit the ground running having great seasons. At least one flop is guaranteed.

oppa gangnam style said:

And the bad thing is if we really looking to sign 5-6 new players, expensive ones maybe, 1-2 of them will be flops nearly anyway...
1-2 of them wont have first great season or just wonthit the ground running. If they are important first team players we might be in trouble...

There is no way we bring in 3-4 first team players, 1-2 squad players, and all of them hit the ground running having great seasons. At least one flop is guaranteed.

Say we buy Sterling, Barkley, Pogba and De Bruyne and De Bruyne is the flop and the rest play to their potential then I think it we will have a fairly good season. If we buy Bale, Sterling, Pogba and Barkley and Barkley is the flop then it would likely be a very good season.
If we buy Bale, Sterling, Pogba, Koke, Barkley, Gaya, or Sandro and Piszczek and Barkley and Sandro are flops then I reckon we will have a phenomenal season.

VOOMER said:
oppa gangnam style said:

Say we buy Sterling, Barkley, Pogba and De Bruyne and De Bruyne is the flop and the rest play to their potential then I think it we will have a fairly good season. If we buy Bale, Sterling, Pogba and Barkley and Barkley is the flop then it would likely be a very good season.
If we buy Bale, Sterling, Pogba, Koke, Barkley, Gaya, or Sandro and Piszczek and Barkley and Sandro are flops then I reckon we will have a phenomenal season.

it may also be a case of adapting to a new league, team and most importantly developing chemistry

VOOMER said:
oppa gangnam style said:

What if we get all of them and also Messi with Barkley and Messi flops - we will have an totally exceptional season and I will seriously cream my pants

You'd hope we get the players in early so in pre-season the teething problems are dealt with. We should have a decent core of players; Hart, Kompany, Zabba, Mangala/Demi, Fernandinho, Silva, Aguero... the spine will be there and the rest have to work within that. A few pre-season games will help and it shouldn't take top class players long to settle. The pace is quicker in the prem but I always find that a tired excuse because we dictate the tempo in most games and if we're doing that we shouldn't struggle. Fernando and Mangala it's more an excuse because they are having to constantly move and concentrate whereas in Portugal there was probably time to grill a few sardines and have a Super Bock before any real danger came at them.

I hope the main focus will be on players that are simply able to press a lot and press well. CM, AM, LW, RW, ST, in whatever position we get new players, they have to be able to press well.

We need to change our style, high line only really works well with lot of pressing. We cant make excuses like Nasri, Silva, Yaya dont want to press because they get tired then.

Energy, younger players, pace, stamina, work rate these should be very basic requirements on top of technical stuff...

supercity88 said:
You'd hope we get the players in early so in pre-season the teething problems are dealt with. We should have a decent core of players; Hart, Kompany, Zabba, Mangala/Demi, Fernandinho, Silva, Aguero... the spine will be there and the rest have to work within that. A few pre-season games will help and it shouldn't take top class players long to settle. The pace is quicker in the prem but I always find that a tired excuse because we dictate the tempo in most games and if we're doing that we shouldn't struggle. Fernando and Mangala it's more an excuse because they are having to constantly move and concentrate whereas in Portugal there was probably time to grill a few sardines and have a Super Bock before any real danger came at them.

Isnt it Copa America this summer? Another disrupted pre season?

cibaman said:
supercity88 said:

Isnt it Copa America this summer? Another disrupted pre season?

Yes it is, when sergio and zabba need a rest as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.