Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray78 said:
dubblue said:
Universidad de Chile said:
i think pelle wanted him all the time... but we coulndt get him due to the ffp...

he praised him all the time in the press, even before he came to city...

at least, i think every chilean would be happy to see some others in their squad. the likes of medel, vidal, alexis and bravo can only sees as an improvement.

Of course we could have signed him,we just made a mess of the Negredo situation and left no time to rectify the situation. Yet another disastrous decision by our DOF.

Sanchez already had turned us down once. Not much our DoF could of done barring re locating the club.
Right, but this time Pellegrini would have made the difference and been a great reason for Alexis to join City in.

Maybe only the question about to live in London was an issue against that.

But, I´m quiet sure have read anywhere, that Alexis normally decide every new step in his career with his mom and close relatives, and she as a chilean would have recomend the City move.

And thats reinforce my personal theory about Pellegrini:

If he had signed someone like ISCO or Alexis AND one or two good others ARGENTINIAN or Southamerican PLAYERS (as he did before in Malaga and Villareal), he would not have this bad season City is having now at the present.

But, I have the feeling, Txiki and Soriano thought something different, or choose someone else. But I have no way to prove it, it is only my personal explanation to it.

Isco or Alexis AND a good defender like EZEQUIEL GARAY (ex-Real Madrid, was also the pair defender with Demichelis in WC 2014) would have made the difference, and been ideal, IMO. And he goes to Zenit for only €15 Mio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ezequiel_Garay

Really a bargain compare to Mangala and a much more compose CB, IMO.

Cheers!

personally i couldn't give a toss if got sacked tomorrow

in fact I hope he does

I really hope he isn't sacked. His previous record and reputation shows the man is no fool. We can all sit and speculate as to what he should have done but we don't have access to the targets he had to meet and how he had to balance the books. If we did we might change our minds about how and who he signed. I really think he will show what he can really do this summer.

sam663 said:
Damocles said:
We spent < €60m net in the 2014 summer transfer window. Which is City's published interpretation of of our agreement with UEFA to limit our spending on transfers.

It's literally in the first post of the thread.
Fixed.
Properly Fixed!

Txiki is one of the most sought after DOF's in football. Barcelona want him back. He isn't doing a shit job like everyone says. In his first summer all of his signings bar Jovetic were a success. Last year Lampard was a shrewd signing, Sagna on a free was good business and Mangala is a buy for the future. Caballero hasnt done well granted, but having him in the squad alone has seriously upped Hart's performance. Fernando hasn't been a good signing yet, but our tactics are hanging him out to dry.

He deserves at least one more summer with the shackles off.

Was delighted with how much he got for Rodwell/Garcia. Not so much with the 7-m we get for Nasty.

Big test will be how much we could get for Dzeko, NAsri, Yaya, Kolarov etc. The more we get for them the more we can reinvest.

I hope he can negotiate well the prices of outgoing players. Even tho I am 100% sure if Chelsea sold the same players they would be getting 5-10m more per player.

They might just sell Salah for 40m pounds.:)

City_Sean said:
Txiki is one of the most sought after DOF's in football. Barcelona want him back. He isn't doing a shit job like everyone says. In his first summer all of his signings bar Jovetic were a success. Last year Lampard was a shrewd signing, Sagna on a free was good business and Mangala is a buy for the future. Caballero hasnt done well granted, but having him in the squad alone has seriously upped Hart's performance. Fernando hasn't been a good signing yet, but our tactics are hanging him out to dry.

If he was so good why didn't Bayern Munich try and get him in 2012 .
Made some bad calls last Summer with the signings .

baildon blue said:
City_Sean said:

I don't see the logic that Bayern not wanting him means he isn't sought after. Do we know for sure that Bayern didn't want him? Maybe he choose City in order to work with Ferran again. He might have fancied the challenge at City.

kalouk said:
baildon blue said:
City_Sean said:

I don't see the logic that Bayern not wanting him means he isn't sought after. Do we know for sure that Bayern didn't want him? Maybe he choose City in order to work with Ferran again. He might have fancied the challenge at City.
I'd have thought the fact that he wasn't a former Germany international counted against him being hired in Bayern's management. There does seem to be a recurring theme amongst the people in charge of that club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.