Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva_Spell said:
We can argue about the effects of FFP, the choice of signings and who has been responsible but the overwhelming fact remains:

This squad is good enough to at least seriously challenge Chelsea for the title.

'The Barca Boys' haven't been coaching the players or choosing who plays and in what formation etc.

Pellegrini is their man, Mancini wasn't.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
hutton who blue said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Soriano's doing a decent job and people should stop grouping him in when criticizing Txiki.
I'm sorry, I thought that they were brought in in tandem so to speak, I didn't know they had distinctive roles or what their respective roles are, I'm not being argumentative or obtuse, if there is information I am not aware of I would be happy for you to inform me, again I am not being confrontational, I would be happy for you to reconcile my doubts.
Fair enough, just see Ferran as the financial side of things and Txiki as the football 'style' and player-signing side of things.
Fair do's.

hutton who blue said:
sam663 said:
hutton who blue said:
I'm sorry, I thought that they were brought in in tandem so to speak, I didn't know they had distinctive roles or what their respective roles are, I'm not being argumentative or obtuse, if there is information I am not aware of I would be happy for you to inform me, again I am not being confrontational, I would be happy for you to reconcile my doubts.

You don't know? We got all these commercial deals beacause of Soriano's business connections.
I didn't. Thank you.
Maybe a lesson learnt then.These threads descend into chaos because of ignorance.

sam-caddick said:
Helmet Cole said:
Same team/manager that won the title plus some new additions - Txiki didn't kick a ball in either season.

It still astonishes me that our best team is still our title winning team from 11/12 with the only exceptions being Demichelis for Lescott and Fernandinho for Barry.

With all due respect to those two players they are hardly Ramos and Kroos level or Thiago Silva and Matic for example.

I would take the reverse a younger Barry and Lescott. * Unless we could have a young MD. Fernadiniho is so so average. Barry did everything simply while not being a top played did an excellent job.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
hutton who blue said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Soriano's doing a decent job and people should stop grouping him in when criticizing Txiki.
Fair enough, just see Ferran as the financial side of things and Txiki as the football 'style' and player-signing side of things.

It would be in keeping with the simplistic pessimism of this thread to see Ferran as the one who failed Ffp and Txiki as the one who failed to sign any good players.

No problem at all with Soriano's work but Begiristain has been a let down, make or break for him this summer in my opinion.

I agree with the above, Soriano has done his job to a T, revenue and deals for the club have been great.

Txiki - well the jury is out, I championed his arrival knowing that even at Barcelona he made signings that did not work. The problem here is that the squad since our first title win has stagnated and the players brought in actually offer very little in terms of what they bring to a game.

The question the owner need to answer is do they give him this summer to bring in the player needed to regenerate the squad but still challenge for the title next season

I think they will but he needs to restore belief back into the fans that he is the right man for the job seeing as FFP will not play it part this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.