Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
de niro said:
mosssideblue said:
This from a Mod who thinks we wasted money on Sagna. Perhaps you would remind us all what we paid for him again oh knoweledageble one

If you read my post in context rather than look for a headline to jump on then maybe you might have an inkling to what I was posting, but no. Carry on on your bandwagon of churlish nitpicking.

from a mod? what the fuck has being a mod got to do with anything? if i was to mod your posts you could easily be sanctioned for trolling.
only a rag would say we have bought wisely. our buys have been dogshit. so bad other players have lost their own game by babysitting them.
oh and i dont have to be knowledgeable to see that sagna on 150k is a worse asset than micha was for 70k. its not all about a fee ffs.

fuck me i can't wait till the schools go back.

I think we've bought wisely.

In a season where we were under very strict limits and have very specific roles to fill, we filled all of those roles and got a decent striker in the brain.

Richards is better than Sagna. But we gave him two years to get fit enough to be a proper rotation option with Zab and due to his health problems we ended up running on our best and most active players in terms of yards covered into the ground, to the point where his stamina seems to have abandoned him at points this season.

A bit like Bojinov - it doesn't matter how good you are if you're never fit and the squad needs a player in that position. We got Sagna for nothing - a highly experienced player in both the Premier League and the Champions League and a bit more defensively minded than Zab which gave us greater flexibility. It also gave us a player for right now who in a couple of years when our talented lads are coming through the Academy will be on the wrong side of 32 and retiring, giving them a potential natural place in the squad.

Mangala was a £30-odd million defender who looks like a £15m defender. But as you've said various times Bill, the lad's got it and it is just a matter of time before he becomes world class. We bought Mangala for £32m the same time United bought an 18 year old left for £30-odd million. I honestly think this boy is special and the future of Man City, I really do.

Fernando was a £12m defensive midfielder needed to fill that gap in our squad. Again, £12m is absolutely nothing in today's market and the price reflects his quality. Although I don't think we've seen the best of him this year, but he's never going to be a first name on the teamsheet guy and his price reflects that. Jo cost £19m in 07/08. £12m now when people are regularly flying around for north of £30m is a decent outlay for a 3rd/4th choice player. Again, we only HAD £12m to spend due to FFP. We couldn't have spent £15m on somebody else. So the question was who else could we have bought for £12m who would have filled that spot better?

Wilfried Bony has been here 5 minutes when City have been in their worst run of form for about a decade. I'm not sure judging him now is the smartest thing to do - let's see what he does next year first.

What Txiki has done well is put players on long term contracts to ensure, that if they do go, we get decent prices for them (Milner aside). Tick in the box for that.

We haven't bought wisely though - especially not on Mangala. Despite how he may, or may not turn out, you do expect an immediate return on a £30m CB. When we had our hands tied by FFP, to go and spend that on a defender, who for the most part has looked out of his comfort zone, is far from wise. We needed an immediate impact at CB, an improvement straight away - and for that kind of money you really do expect it.

How people can judge Bony is beyond me, for exactly the reasons you say. He has come to us at a time where, if we just bought Silva and Aguero we would be questioning their ability. No way people can criticise Bony at present.

GaudinoMotors said:
Unbelievably you state we bought wisely - then write an essay as to why they've not worked out.

Because buying wisely has nothing to do with future performance.

Again, I'll say this for the millionth time for people not familiar with how this all works. It's THE MANAGER'S JOB to get good performances out of players. It's THE DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL'S JOB to buy players that are talented footballers who fit the need of the squad positionally and as part of an overall plan.

We've bought talented footballers who tie in to the long term needs of our squad, and spent next to no money on those who addressed a short term need. This is what "buying wisely" means.

Damocles said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Unbelievably you state we bought wisely - then write an essay as to why they've not worked out.

Again, I'll say this for the millionth time for people not familiar with how this all works. It's THE MANAGER'S JOB to get good performances out of players. It's THE DIRECTOR OF FOOTBALL'S JOB to buy players that are talented footballers who fit the need of the squad positionally and as part of an overall plan.

We've bought talented footballers who tie in to the long term needs of our squad, and spent next to no money on those who addressed a short term need. This is what "buying wisely" means.

So all we need is a manager who can make silk purses out of sows ears then?
(Bony excepted)

GaudinoMotors said:
Damocles said:
GaudinoMotors said:

So all we need is a manager who can make silk purses out of sows ears then?
(Bony excepted)

This team won the title last year.

Fernando, Mangala and Sagna are all talented footballers who added to that squad positively in terms of talent.

We need a manager who can get the best out of his players. If you think that Fernando, Mangala and Sagna are in their best form of their lives then more fool you.

Damocles said:
This team won the title last year.

Fernando, Mangala and Sagna are all talented footballers who added to that squad positively in terms of talent.

We need a manager who can get the best out of his players. If you think that Fernando, Mangala and Sagna are in their best form of their lives then more fool you.

I agree with all of that.

But he picked the manager.

His job hasn't changed today if we won 10-0 or got beat 10-0.

The fact that this thread is even getting commented on after matches shows how many people completely misunderstand what his role is.

Just get rid of the fraud that he is,and take most of that shower of shit we saw today with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.