Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
mosssideblue said:
de niro said:
wow. I mean fucking wow.

hi Txiki.

This from a Mod who thinks we wasted money on Sagna. Perhaps you would remind us all what we paid for him again oh knoweledageble one

If you read my post in context rather than look for a headline to jump on then maybe you might have an inkling to what I was posting, but no. Carry on on your bandwagon of churlish nitpicking.

from a mod? what the fuck has being a mod got to do with anything? if i was to mod your posts you could easily be sanctioned for trolling.
only a rag would say we have bought wisely. our buys have been dogshit. so bad other players have lost their own game by babysitting them.
oh and i dont have to be knowledgeable to see that sagna on 150k is a worse asset than micha was for 70k. its not all about a fee ffs.

fuck me i can't wait till the schools go back.

You comfort yourself with your views. As for schools going back - deary me.

Thinking Micah was a better bet that Sagna tells me everything I need to know

blueinsa said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
blueinsa said:
For newspaper poll read a few know noting idiots on here that have hated him from day one pmsl
c9bef5f1a49c196b2f4133c62b8d52af.jpg

One poster says he didn't like them from day one and you make the conclusion that's why others don't like him and then laugh at a poll. Fucking irony is lost on retards like you, know wonder your happy with the DOF

idiot? Deary fucking me, my conclusion was absolutely spot on it seems.

Think his user name sums him up

For the posters who want Begiristain sacked who would you like to replace him? Baring in mind the last incumbent was Marwood (another supporters favourite scapegoat) and the manager (whether it is Pellegrini or a new manager) will not be fully in charge transfers. Another part of the DoF's job is working with the EDS so if we did appoint a new one he will need at least a new season to get used to that side.

Let's keep it on topic lads, discuss the subject not the poster. No need to get personal.

mosssideblue said:
de niro said:
mosssideblue said:
This from a Mod who thinks we wasted money on Sagna. Perhaps you would remind us all what we paid for him again oh knoweledageble one

If you read my post in context rather than look for a headline to jump on then maybe you might have an inkling to what I was posting, but no. Carry on on your bandwagon of churlish nitpicking.

from a mod? what the fuck has being a mod got to do with anything? if i was to mod your posts you could easily be sanctioned for trolling.
only a rag would say we have bought wisely. our buys have been dogshit. so bad other players have lost their own game by babysitting them.
oh and i dont have to be knowledgeable to see that sagna on 150k is a worse asset than micha was for 70k. its not all about a fee ffs.

he isn't better, but he isn't worse. we tied up another 70 grand a weeki for no reason. like mancini and pellers, we made a change for the sake of it. same with cook and txixki. waste of time.

Ric said:
Let's keep it on topic lads, discuss the subject not the poster. No need to get personal.

No. I'm a big lad, in fact more than big enough to stand in front of the poster who has just called me a idiot and let him know just how unhappy I am with a comment like that, trouble is he wouldn't show and instead, one of many that spends their time on here saying things they would never have the balls to say in real life.

Hard work of late this place it really is and its at the point where im thinking it isn't worth it as you feel like a hamster on a wheel having to read the same things over and over and then unfortunately, some like this guy cant help but dish abuse out like that.

Argue with me by all means but fucking idiot???

de niro said:
mosssideblue said:
de niro said:

he isn't better, but he isn't worse. we tied up another 70 grand a weeki for no reason. like mancini and pellers, we made a change for the sake of it. same with cook and txixki. waste of time.

Lets try and keep this emotive free.

Micah was a good FB and he was blue through and through, but he changed significantly, whether through body building or otherwise and whilst he loved to bomb forward, he struggled to do the same in reverse quite often leaving us exposed. Sagna is a safe pair of hands which I think we needed, and to be fair he's done a reasonable job at the defending part of his work. I admit, he looks out of his comfort zone doing the overalapping stuff, but his first and foremost task is to defend.

Mancini, for whatever reason made his position untenable. He wasn't backwards at publically damming players and I'm sure player power saw to his exit.

Me a troll, you were kidding I hope. Supported City since mid 60s and always will.

de niro said:
mosssideblue said:
de niro said:
wow. I mean fucking wow.

hi Txiki.

I think we've bought wisely.

In a season where we were under very strict limits and have very specific roles to fill, we filled all of those roles and got a decent striker in the brain.

Richards is better than Sagna. But we gave him two years to get fit enough to be a proper rotation option with Zab and due to his health problems we ended up running on our best and most active players in terms of yards covered into the ground, to the point where his stamina seems to have abandoned him at points this season.

A bit like Bojinov - it doesn't matter how good you are if you're never fit and the squad needs a player in that position. We got Sagna for nothing - a highly experienced player in both the Premier League and the Champions League and a bit more defensively minded than Zab which gave us greater flexibility. It also gave us a player for right now who in a couple of years when our talented lads are coming through the Academy will be on the wrong side of 32 and retiring, giving them a potential natural place in the squad.

Mangala was a £30-odd million defender who looks like a £15m defender. But as you've said various times Bill, the lad's got it and it is just a matter of time before he becomes world class. We bought Mangala for £32m the same time United bought an 18 year old left for £30-odd million. I honestly think this boy is special and the future of Man City, I really do.

Fernando was a £12m defensive midfielder needed to fill that gap in our squad. Again, £12m is absolutely nothing in today's market and the price reflects his quality. Although I don't think we've seen the best of him this year, but he's never going to be a first name on the teamsheet guy and his price reflects that. Jo cost £19m in 07/08. £12m now when people are regularly flying around for north of £30m is a decent outlay for a 3rd/4th choice player. Again, we only HAD £12m to spend due to FFP. We couldn't have spent £15m on somebody else. So the question was who else could we have bought for £12m who would have filled that spot better?

Wilfried Bony has been here 5 minutes when City have been in their worst run of form for about a decade. I'm not sure judging him now is the smartest thing to do - let's see what he does next year first.

Damocles said:
de niro said:
mosssideblue said:

I think we've bought wisely.

In a season where we were under very strict limits and have very specific roles to fill, we filled all of those roles and got a decent striker in the brain.

Richards is better than Sagna. But we gave him two years to get fit enough to be a proper rotation option with Zab and due to his health problems we ended up running on our best and most active players in terms of yards covered into the ground, to the point where his stamina seems to have abandoned him at points this season.

A bit like Bojinov - it doesn't matter how good you are if you're never fit and the squad needs a player in that position. We got Sagna for nothing - a highly experienced player in both the Premier League and the Champions League and a bit more defensively minded than Zab which gave us greater flexibility. It also gave us a player for right now who in a couple of years when our talented lads are coming through the Academy will be on the wrong side of 32 and retiring, giving them a potential natural place in the squad.

Mangala was a £30-odd million defender who looks like a £15m defender. But as you've said various times Bill, the lad's got it and it is just a matter of time before he becomes world class. We bought Mangala for £32m the same time United bought an 18 year old left for £30-odd million. I honestly think this boy is special and the future of Man City, I really do.

Fernando was a £12m defensive midfielder needed to fill that gap in our squad. Again, £12m is absolutely nothing in today's market and the price reflects his quality. Although I don't think we've seen the best of him this year, but he's never going to be a first name on the teamsheet guy and his price reflects that. Jo cost £19m in 07/08. £12m now when people are regularly flying around for north of £30m is a decent outlay for a 3rd/4th choice player. Again, we only HAD £12m to spend due to FFP. We couldn't have spent £15m on somebody else. So the question was who else could we have bought for £12m who would have filled that spot better?

Wilfried Bony has been here 5 minutes when City have been in their worst run of form for about a decade. I'm not sure judging him now is the smartest thing to do - let's see what he does next year first.

Unbelievably you state we bought wisely - then write an essay as to why they've not worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.