Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
Might be me, but when I look at the business done in a long list it actually isn't that bad. Decent prices for most of outgoings and most will have held value.

Bear in mind as well that he's had to balance getting nett spend correct then it's not been a disaster by any means, which to me reflects even worse on Manuel.

He's flavour of the month mate, to be honest i feel sorry for the groundsman with it being his turn next

Danamy said:
Rammy Blue said:
Might be me, but when I look at the business done in a long list it actually isn't that bad. Decent prices for most of outgoings and most will have held value.

Bear in mind as well that he's had to balance getting nett spend correct then it's not been a disaster by any means, which to me reflects even worse on Manuel.

He's flavour of the month mate, to be honest i feel sorry for the groundsman with it being his turn next

Some people just need to have a fall guy

Net spend £109million.
Number of signings who are now nailed on starter's: Zero.
Number of signings that have improved the starting 11: zero.
£109million - glad it's not my money.

Bentheblue said:
Net spend £109million.

Fernandinho, Navas and Demichelis aren't nailed on starters?

Do you think every player bought is bought for the purpose of replacing a current player in our best first XI?

Fernandinho would be a nailed on starter for me.

Negredo was too (until his homesickkness) but with his sale the net spend is about £85m

He has a tough job in deciding in which youth players are going to be drafted in the squad along with our summer recruits.

If Navas and Martin are nailed on starters how come they do not start every game, neither does Fernandinio, who was dropped for the last 6 games of last season, losing his place to Garcia. Have any of them actually improved the team?
Martin only gets games because his expensive replacement is currently not up to it.
Why are you desperately clutching at straws?

Has one more summer to see if he has the mettle in my opinion.

The pressure is mounting with the likes of Manure , Arsenal and Liverpool closing in on us from positions of little hope some 10 games ago.

If Liverpool win on Monday they have closed the gap between them and us by 13 points I think it is in 11 games.

Txiki should be relishing this summer with some of the ffp shackles off the club and be fortunate that the owners will be willing to back him one more time.

I know I would be if I were in his position.

Damocles said:
Bentheblue said:
Net spend £109million.

Fernandinho, Navas and Demichelis aren't nailed on starters?

The manager doesn't think so.

I have no clue why people still have hopes on this man. If Marwood is worst, then Txiki is not the worst and he shouldn't take the blame?

I think Fernandinho is a good sign but it was highly overpriced to buy a 28 year old player with a market price 15mil.
Jovetic is too fragile when he was in Italy & up to 2 years Manuel doesn't use Jovetic much, who would buy a player he doesn't like to play in his team? Bony is a good player but who has no brain to buy him while he was playing in African cup which does not help the club much in January and February? We didn't really get any good signings when Tixki came to our club.

By the way, where did you guys get the source of the signings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.