Disgraceful MOTD coverage

mancunial said:
Thank you, your complaint has been sent.

We aim to respond to you within 10 working days depending on the nature of your complaint and the research needed to address it. For other issues our Frequently Asked Questions have answers to many of the questions we're often asked about the BBC and our programmes and services.

All complaints we receive are logged and the issues arising (but not personal details) are reported to BBC management and other staff. For more information about the BBC complaints process, please visit How we handle your complaint.

Thank you for contacting us.

If you require a copy of this transcription for you records then please highlight the text on this summary table below and copy it to a text file and save it to your computer.

Complaint type:Television
Channel:BBC1
Programme title:Match of the Day
Transmission date:24/09/2011
Complaint category:Factual Error or Inaccuracy
Complaint summary:complete false reporting
Full complaint:i have just had the most unfortunate time watching your match of the day, your employees mr hansen lawrenson and lineker, i went to the manchester city v everton game and what i heard and saw was completely false in their reporting of the game, i pay my hard earned money towards the license fee for these people to be payed millions just to spout total drivel with no truth in their comments. their assesment of the cahill tackle was completely wrong to the extent of being slanderous, even though the television highlights showed it differently to what they were stateing.i suggest that an investigation be installed into their actions as it is bordering on industrial espionage, these guys are not what all football supporters want, two of who never have played in the premiership, i find it disgusting in their attempts to derail manchester citys cause just to enhance their own teams chances liverpool. just like time for a change at the top of the premiership it is time for a change on match of the day, yours sincerelly.
Receive a reply:Yes won,t hold my breath?
"Industrial espionage" - have you been watching too much Spooks?

Hansen used to be nice to City back when we were (let's face it) rubbish ... but since we became good, he really can't handle it ... his anti-City bias is getting so preposterous that surely even his friends / colleagues must be starting to get worried about him ?
Has gone right down in my opinion, over the past couple of seasons.

But Lawrenson is just unbelievable ... he slouches on that sofa, stupid smirk on his face, and half the time he doesn't even answer Lineker's question; he just shrugs or mutters. Doesn't even pretend he is interested or making an effort.
Would be sacked if he behaved like that in any other job.

Don't forget the woman who won the employment tribunal against the BBC for dropping her from a programme for someone younger. If the Beeb want to drop Hansen, then the more complaints they get about his incompetence, the better.

BringBackSwales said:
Comrade Buka said:
After Everton's display the thing I fear the most is some player gets the idea to hurt Silva intentionally.

what do you mean that someone gets the idea, thats exactly what neverton set out to do - one player to harass, foul and injure Silva then when he gets booked someone else does it and so on - fergiscum did it for years at the scum on swp and now his apprentice gollum does the same thing - moyles is a TWAT, setting his team up to deliberately go out and hurt another player is disgusting, yet there is no adverse media comment about that, rant over (for now)

-- Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:48 am --

Prestwich_Blue said:
Shirley said:
I have noticed Howard on previous occasions with his time wasting tactics, they are very clever indeed.
Last season at the COMS he was continually running out to the edge of the box to shout at his defenders before he went to retrieve the ball for a goal kick.
It's the Tourettes. He can't help it.

foul mouthed shagfuckering **** he is

I'm not a fan of Chris Moyles either.

Well thankfully andy grey is where he belongs now, on the radio with the rest of the nobodys who haven't a clue about football. HeS right at home on talk sport shit produced by idiots for idiots.

The quality of coverage on sky has gone up significantly since he and keys were sacked for being sexist twats.

As for Hansen et all on BBC is anyone really surprised ?

That was about the most shocking disgraceful display I have seen by an away side at our place for as long as I can remember. virtually every one of there players should have been booked (even with loads being missed half of them were in the end) The treatment silva was in for was a disgrace, they were deliberately going out trying to injure him and take him Out of the game. Just deliberate foul play from start to finish. The ref let's load go as well including a professional foul by baines when kun had him beaten and was clear.

How can you praise everton they time wasted fouled played with 6 midfield players only one up front. We still had a shot off the woodwork and their keeper made 3 outstanding saves.

Everton didn't even manage a shot on goal till the final minute of the game.

People saying everton are a proper club need there fuxking heads read. At least the likes of Wigan and Swansea came and had a go and tried to play football. In reality they were no worse beaten either. Look forward to seeing everton finish in the bottom half of the table this season.

As for an fa charge cahil was booked for a 2 footed lingo on company he was just getting out of the way. He saw the challenge and gave the appropriate punishment at the time what more is there to say ?

tilbz said:
How many on here have complained out of interest? I have

I have, but unlike some of the complaints people have posted, it uses correct spellings and has at least a basic grasp of grammar.

quiet_riot said:
tilbz said:
How many on here have complained out of interest? I have

I have, but unlike some of the complaints people have posted, it uses correct spellings and has at least a basic grasp of grammar.

Never use the words but or and after a comma. Schoolboy error !!!!!

Got to be honest I get bored with MOTD now, i think the coverage is rubbish.
You get about 2 minutes per half. I tend to SKY+ it and watch our game.
Football First offers a much better analysis.

I don't believe there is a media agenda against us, but I do think some teams get more favourable coverage than others, and a lot of stereotypes get banded about. The "negative Italians" is one of them, that was aimed at Mancini at times last season. Funny thing is when Chelsea won the League under Ancelotti, they scored the most goals ever in a Premier League season. I remember last season, we played Stoke away, and Lawrenson made a "joke" about Mancini not liking the cold, and how he won't be used to this, being from Italy and all. I think Everton get favourable coverage, being a historical club, with English ownership, and a British manager, who's been given time. They're seen as the embodiment of a "proper" team. Hansen is mates with Dalglish and Moyes. He's never going to slag them off on TV, no matter what happens. On MOTD2, when Liverpool lost 4-0 to Spurs, it was very much glossed over. If that had been City, you can bet there will be comments like, anymore results like that, Mancini will be under pressure, look at all the money they've spent (ignoring how much Liverpool spent this summer), they still have catching up to do on Man Utd, etc. Last season, they kept praising Blackpool for being an attacking team, rather than one that looks to spoil, yet Everton were praised for playing 4-6-0, instead of it being "negative, defensive, football", it was viewed as "hardworking" and praised. The biasness really annoys me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.