Disgraceful MOTD coverage

Santiago Street . said:
quiet_riot said:
tilbz said:
How many on here have complained out of interest? I have

I have, but unlike some of the complaints people have posted, it uses correct spellings and has at least a basic grasp of grammar.

Never use the words but or and after a comma. Schoolboy error !!!!!
There's no verb in your second sentence. That's bad.

Time to boot Match of the Day?

OK I know it's an institution etc etc but surely the time is right for this to be replaced by a better show from some other network or massively reformatted by the BBC.
It's living off it's past reputation and is not getting in sync with the modern demands of the football fan. I'm amazed it is not getting panned more often.

The length of the matches is shocking, they miss an unbelievable amount of incidents & stats, i.e in our match on Saturday the neutral viewer would form an opinion that Everton were unlucky and that CITY were the dirty side!.
They missed THREE incidents of Everton players hacking our players yet the analysis after match from Hansen laid the blame at the door of Kompany and barely mentioning the cynical, systematic bullying of Everton before this!

Lineker, Hanson & Lawrenson are so predictable and biased it's untrue. The format of MOTD 2 on a Sunday is also cringe worthy.

Does anyone else agree this needs booting and a more innovative program made?

Blue Theatre said:
Hansen used to be nice to City back when we were (let's face it) rubbish ... but since we became good, he really can't handle it ... his anti-City bias is getting so preposterous that surely even his friends / colleagues must be starting to get worried about him ?
Has gone right down in my opinion, over the past couple of seasons.

But Lawrenson is just unbelievable ... he slouches on that sofa, stupid smirk on his face, and half the time he doesn't even answer Lineker's question; he just shrugs or mutters. Doesn't even pretend he is interested or making an effort.
Would be sacked if he behaved like that in any other job.

I keep waiting for him to start dribbling!

Santiago Street . said:
quiet_riot said:
tilbz said:
How many on here have complained out of interest? I have

I have, but unlike some of the complaints people have posted, it uses correct spellings and has at least a basic grasp of grammar.

Never use the words but or and after a comma. Schoolboy error !!!!!

You are wrong.

Re: Time to boot Match of the Day?

BLUEMATT23 said:
OK I know it's an institution etc etc but surely the time is right for this to be replaced by a better show from some other network or massively reformatted by the BBC.

Does anyone else agree this needs booting and a more innovative program made?
I totally agree. They waste so much time that could be used for showing the football. I'm going to time it all next week. I'm not in the least interested what managers and players have to say as there's never much of interest.

Some more incisive analysis would also be better perhaps using some of hte performance monitoring systems every club uses. And don't get me started on why they employ that village idiot Lawrenson. He offers nothing at all; he'd be laughable if he wasn't paid so much of (my & your) money.

And why (yet again!) were the vile vermin on first? Both Arsenal and Chelsea's games had more goals and more talking points (Torres' sending off, Van Pussy's 100 Arsenal goals etc). But no, as ever we have the scum rammed down our throats at every opportunity.

KentBlue said:
And why (yet again!) were the vile vermin on first? Both Arsenal and Chelsea's games had more goals and more talking points (Torres' sending off, Van Pussy's 100 Arsenal goals etc). But no, as ever we have the scum rammed down our throats at every opportunity.
To be fair, it was the best of the games on Saturday. Had everything.

I really couldn't see the Kompany 'stamp' which he was 'lucky not to be sent of for', I couldn't see any delibrate stamp at all. Cahill got caught after going through Kompany, MOTD seemed to think Kompany's challege was nasty.
Goals on Sunday on the otherhand, this week with Sol Campbell and Paul Ince could not see any malice in the challenge at all. They both said he has turned his body to protect against the incoming challenge. Amazing how far apart the 2 opinions were in relation to that incident.

havelocke said:
waspish said:
Andy Gray on talkshite said Kompany did him in his opinion and he thinks the fa will look at it

Now, Andy Gray will be the first to admit that IF the ref saw and dealt with the
incident on the pitch, the FA cannot look at it. As the ref booked Cahill for the
challenge he can't really turn round and say he didn't see it, can he? ;-)

The FA will do nothing, imho.

;-)

Havin said that, the fa do tend to make the rules up as they go along ;-)
So, who knows....

;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.