Disgraceful MOTD coverage

Prestwich_Blue said:
That's odd. I got a completely different response.

BBC said:
Having examined your complaint and reviewed the footage, we agree that Mr Hansen showed significant bias in his reporting of the incident and allowed his close friendship with Mr Moyes to influence his view of it.

The BBC expects the highest standards of impartiality from its presenters and we regret that we fell short of these standards on this occasion.

Action has been taken against Mr Hansen and he has been made aware that further lapses in his professional judgement will not be tolerated

Must be the way I complained.

you wrote that ;-)

although he was missing on saturday night

The twats have sent me this:-

Dear Mrs RYAN

Thank you for contacting us.

There was no bias against Manchester City in our coverage on the 24 September edition of Match of the Day and we’re sorry if you disagree.

There was an incident in which the referee felt that Tim Cahill had fouled Vincent Kompany - who saw it once from a certain angle. Cahill was injured, but received a yellow card. David Moyes disagreed with this assessment, and on viewing the incident with the benefit of slow-motion footage from various angles, the honest assessment of our ex-professional panellists was that Kompany was more sinning than sinned against.

We always call the game as we see it and we acknowledge that not all fans will agree on this.

We’d like to assure you we've registered your complaint on our audience log. This is an internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily and is available for viewing by all our staff. This includes all programme makers and presenters, along with our senior management. It ensures that your points, along with all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.bbc.co.uk/complaints</a>

NB This is sent from an outgoing account only which is not monitored. You cannot reply to this email address but if necessary please contact us via our webform quoting any case number we provided.

Kind Regards

BBC Audience Services

Kind Regards my arse.

Complaint Number Two:

Sir

May I initially thank you for taking the time to cut and paste your generic response to my recent complaint and emailing it to me.

Whilst I appreciate receiving a reply, I must admit to being slightly let down by it's content.

You may indeed be sorry that my perception of bias differs so from the Corporation's. Indeed, I have just sat through the Motd in question to reappraise my earlier opinion. Alas, my view has not altered. I still believe that the coverage of the Manchester City Vs Everton match showed an alarming predjudice against Manchester City. To wit:

1) Your highlights package failed to show several incidents where Everton players were guilty of foul play, and what amounted to a clear Everton tactic of foul play to negate the influence of the game of our Manchester City's creative player, notably David Silva. These would have made legitimate talking points for your panel of ex-professionals.

2) Your highlights package failed to adequately focus on a clear elbowing incident by an Everton player. This would have made a legitimate talking point for your panel of ex-professionals.

3) The foul on Vincent Kompany, for which Tim Cahill was shown a yellow card, was dealt with by the referee at the time, and, in the opinion of many, correctly. Premier League referees will always be involved in incidents which, rightly, will be debated afterwards. In this instance, no action against Kompany has been taken by the FA disciplinary committee, which leads to the conclusion that the match officials' decision was correct. This should be acknowledged by the Motd panel, and the slight on Vincent Kompany's character and integrity as a professional footballer recognised. Were I in Vincent Kompany's shoes I would consider legal action. The Premier League Match Officials have a difficult job, the match of the day panel, in making these allegations, are neither helpful, nor are they contributing to the ongoing debate about refereeing standards by highlighting incidents such as these, and when incorrect, making no recompense to either referee or player(s) involved. Sadly, this has shown your panel of ex-professionals in a fairly poor light.

4) As I mentioned in my original complaint, your highlights package failed to show the true highlight of the match. Manchester City played football which at times was sublime. None more so than the build up to the goal scored by James Milner. There was a moment of genius by David Silva, culminating in a perfectly weighted through-ball that would grace any football pitch in the world. As a Manchester City fan, my grievance about the biased coverage may be slightly partisan, I admit. However, as a football lover, my distaste at the way genuine, neutral football fans have been denied the opportunity to watch the skill shown during this goal is strong. Motd exists for football fans, not for ex-professionals. Football fans want to watch good football, sadly the BBC have denied the paying public this opportunity. Oh, and this goal would have made an excellent talking point for your panel of ex-professionals.

As much as I hope to receive a satisfactory response, I feel sure that I will wait in vain. In the meantime I shall getting my football fix from Sky, which is money well spent. My licence fee, however, is not.

Excellent Carstairs, could you keep us updated on any reply you get for that complaint please i would be very interested to hear the response you recieve, if any.

Same standard and arrogant reply. I too made a number of other points all of which have been ignored. Well I won't be complaining again because I won't be watching any more of the Liverpool twins' drivel.

Carstairs said:
Complaint Number Two:

Sir

May I initially thank you for taking the time to cut and paste your generic response to my recent complaint and emailing it to me.

Whilst I appreciate receiving a reply, I must admit to being slightly let down by it's content.

You may indeed be sorry that my perception of bias differs so from the Corporation's. Indeed, I have just sat through the Motd in question to reappraise my earlier opinion. Alas, my view has not altered. I still believe that the coverage of the Manchester City Vs Everton match showed an alarming predjudice against Manchester City. To wit:

1) Your highlights package failed to show several incidents where Everton players were guilty of foul play, and what amounted to a clear Everton tactic of foul play to negate the influence of the game of our Manchester City's creative player, notably David Silva. These would have made legitimate talking points for your panel of ex-professionals.

2) Your highlights package failed to adequately focus on a clear elbowing incident by an Everton player. This would have made a legitimate talking point for your panel of ex-professionals.

3) The foul on Vincent Kompany, for which Tim Cahill was shown a yellow card, was dealt with by the referee at the time, and, in the opinion of many, correctly. Premier League referees will always be involved in incidents which, rightly, will be debated afterwards. In this instance, no action against Kompany has been taken by the FA disciplinary committee, which leads to the conclusion that the match officials' decision was correct. This should be acknowledged by the Motd panel, and the slight on Vincent Kompany's character and integrity as a professional footballer recognised. Were I in Vincent Kompany's shoes I would consider legal action. The Premier League Match Officials have a difficult job, the match of the day panel, in making these allegations, are neither helpful, nor are they contributing to the ongoing debate about refereeing standards by highlighting incidents such as these, and when incorrect, making no recompense to either referee or player(s) involved. Sadly, this has shown your panel of ex-professionals in a fairly poor light.

4) As I mentioned in my original complaint, your highlights package failed to show the true highlight of the match. Manchester City played football which at times was sublime. None more so than the build up to the goal scored by James Milner. There was a moment of genius by David Silva, culminating in a perfectly weighted through-ball that would grace any football pitch in the world. As a Manchester City fan, my grievance about the biased coverage may be slightly partisan, I admit. However, as a football lover, my distaste at the way genuine, neutral football fans have been denied the opportunity to watch the skill shown during this goal is strong. Motd exists for football fans, not for ex-professionals. Football fans want to watch good football, sadly the BBC have denied the paying public this opportunity. Oh, and this goal would have made an excellent talking point for your panel of ex-professionals.

As much as I hope to receive a satisfactory response, I feel sure that I will wait in vain. In the meantime I shall getting my football fix from Sky, which is money well spent. My licence fee, however, is not.

lol x10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.