Disgusted

I think Tuesday did highlight just how much we need to have one strong vocal stand at COMS.

I don't understand the obsession with being near the away fans but everyone is different and if that's what it takes for people to sing then so be it. The club should sort this as a matter of priority.

Maine RD was great in that you knew exactly what you getting depending on where you sat.

I started sitting in the North Stand when the away fans were still in the Platt Lane. In those days it seemed that Kippax was the loud stand, Maine Stand was the quiet stand and the north was a bit of a mix. In later years the North took over from the Kippax but you still knew where to go and what to expect depending on where you sat.

So if you wanted to go with your girlfriend or mum or someone you'd sit in the Maine Stand, no trouble, no singing, no nob heads.

You wanted to go with your mates you'd go in the North Stand and have a sing and a laugh. Prior to the new Kippax you'd have gone there.

I get free tickets for all home games and as such have sat all over COMS these past few seasons and you never know what you're going to get (except in the North Stand where you know it'll be deadly quiet and dull or the singing bit which will be mayhem but lively and that) as you tend to get a group of lads together who want a sing song but there sat in front of a few families who don't appreciate the language or standing or whatever.

Until this is sorted we'll struggle for atmosphere in my opinion.

I don't have an issue saying the atmosphere was poor first half, I agree, 1-0 down to United, they were singing loud and proud, we were worried the dream was coming to and end, BUT 111 was not the only place singing, 120-122 was also doing it's best to get behind the team, and second half/after the equaliser the atmosphere around there was awesome, taking into account the overall nervousness, I didn't actually think the singing section was that impressive, but I wouldn't go as far to say it was crap.

TheMightyQuinn said:
I think Tuesday did highlight just how much we need to have one strong vocal stand at COMS.

I don't understand the obsession with being near the away fans but everyone is different and if that's what it takes for people to sing then so be it. The club should sort this as a matter of priority.

Maine RD was great in that you knew exactly what you getting depending on where you sat.

I started sitting in the North Stand when the away fans were still in the Platt Lane. In those days it seemed that Kippax was the loud stand, Maine Stand was the quiet stand and the north was a bit of a mix. In later years the North took over from the Kippax but you still knew where to go and what to expect depending on where you sat.

So if you wanted to go with your girlfriend or mum or someone you'd sit in the Maine Stand, no trouble, no singing, no nob heads.

You wanted to go with your mates you'd go in the North Stand and have a sing and a laugh. Prior to the new Kippax you'd have gone there.

I get free tickets for all home games and as such have sat all over COMS these past few seasons and you never know what you're going to get (except in the North Stand where you know it'll be deadly quiet and dull or the singing bit which will be mayhem but lively and that) as you tend to get a group of lads together who want a sing song but there sat in front of a few families who don't appreciate the language or standing or whatever.

Still early days in the ground mate.

It will come, and I do think its getting there. I reckon in 5-10 years time it will be great - something that my mate said when I took him to City once is that you notice there's a lot of youngsters that go (which in doubt is to do with the great work City have done with pricing) so once all these lads get a bit older and want to go with there mates instead of sitting with their family (something I still haven't managed to escape!) then you'll get a lot more vocal fans I think, as the crowd my age will be hitting their late twenties and thirties and the current load of 40+ that just stand there not making any noise in the SS will probably shift off to other places!

Also, the next few years in Europe (I say) will help us immensely with songs - apart from Arsenal, I'd say United, Chelsea and Liverpool have a great away support (vocally) with loads of different songs. Following City in Europe with groups of lads will help new songs take off more. Istanbul became an anthem last year - Imagine that every year.

liamctid said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Still early days in the ground mate.

It will come, and I do think its getting there. I reckon in 5-10 years time it will be great - something that my mate said when I took him to City once is that you notice there's a lot of youngsters that go (which in doubt is to do with the great work City have done with pricing) so once all these lads get a bit older and want to go with there mates instead of sitting with their family (something I still haven't managed to escape!) then you'll get a lot more vocal fans I think, as the crowd my age will be hitting their late twenties and thirties and the current load of 40+ that just stand there not making any noise in the SS will probably shift off to other places!

Also, the next few years in Europe (I say) will help us immensely with songs - apart from Arsenal, I'd say United, Chelsea and Liverpool have a great away support (vocally) with loads of different songs. Following City in Europe with groups of lads will help new songs take off more. Istanbul became an anthem last year - Imagine that every year.

Yeah it'll sort itself in time hopefully. It's already taking shape, to a degree, as you know if you're going with a kid or something to stay away from the SS and singing section and likewise if you're with mates who are loud then you want to avoid the CB and North Stand. As time goes by it'll be an unspoken rule and as a result the stadium will be a happier and more vibrant place with fewer clashes between 'sit down' people and the singers etc.

I agree about Europe, it'll bring the fans together a lot more and from that should come some good songs and banter that can transfer themselves to the rest of the ground.

Third tier was alright, felt like we forced our section to sing though. We had about twenty of us who stood and sang so the rest had to stand to see so then they joined in aswell.

Anxiety seemed to play a big part, as did losing half the south stand. Having said that there's quite a few home and away games I've been to where everyone can manage a good sing-song in the pubs and on the concourse but then it goes dead in the stands. Not sure why that is though - people being seperated in the stands rather than being able to sit together maybe?

I don't think COMS helps - you can't hear what people in other parts of the ground are singing and your a long way from the pitch, but quite a few games have generated great atmospheres so it can't just be that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.