Disproving Christianity?

tonea2003 said:
i find blind faith astonishing and it only applies to religion. if i was to say something crazy would you blindly have faith and believe me?

I think 99% of my support of City has been blind faith. Little to no rational basis for belief. Doesn't mean it isn't true.

tonea2003 said:
levets said:
And it wasn't aimed at you so wind your neck in.. Thank you.

state who you are aiming it at then, so there will be no confusion
once again my simple plain question avoided......hmmm

What question have you asked me?

If you mean the broader question in your post, then I have no desire to start researching the basis of christianity for the benefit of some hypocrites who have nothing else to do with their time. And yes... HYPOCRITES... funny how these people spend so much effort on this subject, yet can't wait to take their Christmas or Easter Holidays eh?

As for who it was aimed at.... none of your business.... the poster in question knows I am referring to him/her

Why would you bother trying to disprove it? If I told you there was an invisible 6-headed monster with the power to secrete cheese from its pores on my balcony, and that's where Tesco gets its cheese supply from, would you try and disprove me? I suspect you'd think I'm a nutter and walk on by.

Burden of proof surely lies with those with ridiculous fairy tales to uphold. Until they provide said proof its safe to assume it's a fairy tale. Smile politely, feel a bit sorry for the nutters, and walk on by.

Im not clever enough to prove or disprove anything, if stephen hawkins is baffled by creation what chance as a uneducated manc

So perhaps someone can clarify a few things

If the noah story is to be believed then god intervened and killed everyone else bar Noah and his family

What was the population of the world back then ? thats quite a few by is hand alone and not by war mongering humans

Why would a god want to test us ? motives/reasons ?

If he does exist what is his role now, since he does not see fit to right wrongs of the planet.

to my mind religeon started out as a good idea and then was corrupted by us, ergo anyone preaching religeon is either a victim or in on a mass corruption.

reasons for thinking religeon was a good idea turned bad

Some religeons teach followers to only eat meat killed in a certain manner, i would suggest that in the age a lot of food poisoning was happening due to dubious butchering

some religeons teach not to eat certain animals, mainly in places where more nutrients could be gleaned from the animals milk products than one meal of its meat.

not killing speaks for itself love thy neighbor stops you feuding and havin yer cattle poisened thus ensuring your families wellbeing

some preach having many wives, those mostly where infant mortality rates were high ensuring maximum out put of young

sorry if its to long or to you meaningless drivvle

I am not prepared for being an apologist for Christianity. I'll make all the arguments in the world for why Manchester City are the greatest team in the world, primarily because I support them.

There is no "proof" of God that eliminates all alternative hypotheses, but neither can you disprove God, and the weight of probabilities does not make belief less likely than non-belief.

The notion that the entire world is a series of random events is false according to any reasonable statistical measure.

The hypothesis that there is a unifying force or power that is beyond our full understanding is just as plausible if not more plausible.

Most sincere Christians believe that God's creation includes evolutionary processes. Most thinking Christians would also say that they don't know how God works or have more than a dim and distorted reflection of who God is. Jesus was obtuse in a way that suggests that God never intended for all belief is wrapped up neatly. I know several world class scientists who have a sincere faith.

I happen to believe that there is a God. That God is reflected in nature, in different religions, and in the entire human experience. I think we get into silly season when anyone suggests that they have definitively figured out exactly who God is or isn't and how a particular religion or "non-religion" has all the answers.

Mostly I believe that City is the team that I'll support no matter what.

AustinBlue said:
I am not prepared for being an apologist for Christianity. I'll make all the arguments in the world for why Manchester City are the greatest team in the world, primarily because I support them.

There is no "proof" of God that eliminates all alternative hypotheses, but neither can you disprove God, and the weight of probabilities does not make belief less likely than non-belief.

The notion that the entire world is a series of random events is false according to any reasonable statistical measure.

The hypothesis that there is a unifying force or power that is beyond our full understanding is just as plausible if not more plausible.

Most sincere Christians believe that God's creation includes evolutionary processes. Most thinking Christians would also say that they don't know how God works or have more than a dim and distorted reflection of who God is. Jesus was obtuse in a way that suggests that God never intended for all belief is wrapped up neatly. I know several world class scientists who have a sincere faith.

I happen to believe that there is a God. That God is reflected in nature, in different religions, and in the entire human experience. I think we get into silly season when anyone suggests that they have definitively figured out exactly who God is or isn't and how a particular religion or "non-religion" has all the answers.

Top post mate.

AustinBlue said:

Fab , fab, fab!

PistonBlue said:
Ally.P said:
Im not asking anyone to believe me. This is just my faith. Im certainly not in the habit of forcing it on anyone! :-(

I just dont see the point of trying to prove something that can never be proven.

I guess I am just missing the point of this thread. :O(

Don't worry about it Ally, the OP was loaded so that anyone who came on saying they were Christian and had faith in their beliefs could then be pointed at and ridiculed by by Elanjo and the science 'mob'. Damocles to his credit has seen the trap and played devils advocate, well done sir.

As demonstrated by your previous post in this thread, you didn't even understand the structure of the argument so you thinking that it was a loaded OP is baseless. I asked for refutations and only Damocles has attempted to but I can only presume that, since he didn't follow up on it, he was satisfied with my answer. My argument is genuine.

You and levets can continue insulting me but that won't refute the argument (which I'd be perfectly fine with having successfully refuted - it's not a massive deal, I just think that it is quite compelling).

ElanJo said:
PistonBlue said:
Don't worry about it Ally, the OP was loaded so that anyone who came on saying they were Christian and had faith in their beliefs could then be pointed at and ridiculed by by Elanjo and the science 'mob'. Damocles to his credit has seen the trap and played devils advocate, well done sir.

As demonstrated by your previous post in this thread, you didn't even understand the structure of the argument so you thinking that it was a loaded OP is baseless. I asked for refutations and only Damocles has attempted to but I can only presume that, since he didn't follow up on it, he was satisfied with my answer. My argument is genuine.

You and levets can continue insulting me but that won't refute the argument (which I'd be perfectly fine with having successfully refuted - it's not a massive deal, I just think that it is quite compelling).

Prove that he doesn't exist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.