Disproving Christianity?

tonea2003 said:
Ally.P said:
I dont really see the point of going too deep into the whole religious 'is there a God thing' tbh.

I dont have the knowledge to debate it like some of you do granted .

The thing is, we will all find out one day. If there is a god and an afterlife etc, then we will know. If there isn't, then we wont be around to know it will we. It really doesnt matter either way.

I believe in God as an all-consuming, all loving god and I also believe in an afterlife, you go where you will be happiest be that heaven or hell and live in a spiritual body that resembles in a lot of counts the one the physical shell surrounding our soul here on earth.

I believe Jesus was the Son of Man and was born to a virgin.

I dont need to prove it, because if I could prove it then it wouldnt be faith. If I am wrong, well I wont be around to tell you so lol!!

Why does anything have to be proven or disproven. All will become clear after our death.

Why get so het up about it??!!

i find blind faith astonishing and it only applies to religion. if i was to say something crazy would you blindly have faith and believe me?

Im not asking anyone to believe me. This is just my faith. Im certainly not in the habit of forcing it on anyone! :-(

I just dont see the point of trying to prove something that can never be proven.

I guess I am just missing the point of this thread. :O(

Ally.P said:
Im not asking anyone to believe me. This is just my faith. Im certainly not in the habit of forcing it on anyone! :-(

I just dont see the point of trying to prove something that can never be proven.

Don't worry about it Ally, the OP was loaded so that anyone who came on saying they were Christian and had faith in their beliefs could then be pointed at and ridiculed by by Elanjo and the science 'mob'. Damocles to his credit has seen the trap and played devils advocate, well done sir.

They've given us some nice churches though.
The one in Chesterfield with the crooked spire is a bright point in a town so depressing the dogs are on Prozac.
So we should just be gratefull they don't have crusades, I would love to have been a Cathar but there is no chance of that now. Maybe the Pope will get some balls and declare a crusade against Athiests.
Let's hope not.
Religion, Really?

PistonBlue said:
Ally.P said:

Don't worry about it Ally, the OP was loaded so that anyone who came on saying they were Christian and had faith in their beliefs could then be pointed at and ridiculed by by Elanjo and the science 'mob'. Damocles to his credit has seen the trap and played devils advocate, well done sir.

Spotty faced students or members of a 6th form debating society haven't experienced enough of life to ridicule anybody

ElanJo said:
levets said:
good one....

Not at all. Christians delight in telling us how this is a Christian country. I've grown up being surrounded by Christians and therefore have become very aware of their beliefs and scripture. I'm also fully aware of how a number of them play the victim card at any chance they get in order to not engage in serious debate about the validity of their beliefs. "What about the Muslims?" is just another of these pathetic attempts. It's juvenile. And anyway I've criticized Islam before and will continue to do so. I suspect that the argument could quite easily be used for the Muslim version of God... since they are the same God. I'm just not as familiar with the Quran as I am the Bible. But, hey, don't refute the argument just stomp your feet and act like a baby

But, hey, don't refute the argument just stomp your feet and act like a baby/b]
===============
Sorry, have I missed something? Haven't got time to refute your argument... I'm busy at work....

levets said:
PistonBlue said:

Spotty faced students or members of a 6th form debating society haven't experienced enough of life to ridicule anybody

and your response is some sort of counter ridicule how ironic!
by the way i'm neither of the above nor am i in elanjo's science mob

i was merely replying to ally p and the willingness to blindly believe in a all consuming god and a virgin birth etc and asking how can that be
well, how can that be?
nothing loaded, no ridicule, just a plain straightforward question

tonea2003 said:
levets said:

i was merely replying to ally p and the willingness to blindly believe in a all consuming god and a virgin birth etc and asking how can that be
well, how can that be?

And it wasn't aimed at you so wind your neck in.. Thank you.

levets said:
tonea2003 said:

well, how can that be?

And it wasn't aimed at you so wind your neck in.. Thank you.

state who you are aiming it at then, so there will be no confusion
once again my simple plain question avoided......hmmm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.